Tour Duration: 03 Days, 02 Nights
Location: Bogra, Mahasthangarh, Paharpur, Sariakandi
Tour Attractions: 8th Century Buddhist Monastery, 3rd Century B.C. City
Best time to go: October – March
Tour Available: Round the year except Sunday
Next Scheduled Tour: N/A
Sompur Mahavihara is among the best known Buddhist viharas in the Indian Subcontinent from 8th century, and is the most impressive archaeological sites in Bangladesh and an UNESCO world heritage site. Mahasthangarh is one of the earliest urban archaeological sites so far discovered in Bangladesh. It contains the remains of an ancient city which was called Pundranagara from 3rd century BC. The fortified area was in use till the 18th century AD.
In this tour, we’ll take you to visit Sompur Mahavihara and Mahasthangarh to know the ancient civilizations in Bangladesh. Also will take you to visit the chars (river islands) of Jamuna in Sariakandi where you can see the simple life of people. The whole tour will be done with a reserved car.
Itinerary of Ancient Civilizations Tour
Day-01: Dhaka – Bogra by car, and Mahasthangarh
- Pick up from hotel at 07.00 H, and drive to Bogra (200 km, 06 hrs).
- Upon arrival, check into hotel, freshen-up, lunch, and visit the sites in Mahasthangarh. We will take you to visit several well known sites in Mahasthangarh, e.g. the Citadel, Vasu Bihar, Gokul Medh, Bihar Dhap, and the Mahasthangarh museum.
- Overnight at Bogra (Hotel Naz Garden).
Day-02: Sompur Mahavihara, and Sariakandi
- After breakfast, drive to Paharpur (80 km, 02 hrs) and visit Sompur Mahavihara and Paharpur Museum.
- Drive back to Bogra, have lunch, and drive to Sariakandi (30 km, 01 hr). Visit some chars of Sariakandi by boat and see the simple life of people. Drive back to Bogra.
- Overnight at Bogra (Hotel Naz garden).
Day-03: Bogra – Dhaka by Car
- After breakfast, drive to Dhaka (200 km, 06 hrs). Lunch on a highway restaurant on the way. Arrive Dhaka in the afternoon, drop at hotel.
- End of the tour.
Price of Ancient Civilizations Tour
|Group Size||Classic Package ||Comfort Package||Luxury Package|
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Tour includes:
- Pick-up and drop from Dhaka North area only (Gulshan, Banani, Baridhara, Nikunja, and Uttara area).
- 02 Nights accommodation at Bogra as described in the itinerary on twin sharing basis, with complementary breakfast.
- Air-conditioned car, driver, English speaking guide.
- All site entrance tickets.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
- Does not includes:
- Any food, drinks, beverage, or any personal item.
- Pick-up and drop at Dhaka from the area other than mentioned above (Hotel 71, FARS Hotel, Hotel Pacicific, Hotel Ramna, Hotel Farmview, and the whole south Dhaka area).
Remarks on Ancient Civilizations Tour
- Minimum 02 person is required to book the tour. Single travelers can join any scheduled tour announced in the website.
- Tour is not available to start on Sunday, as Sunday is the off day for Mahasthangarh sites.
- Sometimes there could be unusual traffic in Dhaka-Rangpur highway. In case of unusual traffic, itinerary of the tour could be changed, or some sites even be skipped.
- Wearing shorts for both men and women will not be any problem on this tour. For ladies, it will be descent to wear long legs while visiting the chars.
- Best time to travel:
- October – March: Weather is cool and comfortable, and less humid.
- We’ll require the full payment in advance to book this tour. Details of our online payment system could be found here: Online payment FAQs.