Tour Duration: 03 Days, 02 Nights
Location: Rajshahi, Nawabganj, Gaur, Natore, and Puthia
Tour Attractions: Archaeology and Photography in the Mango Capital
Best time to go: Mid May – August
Tour Available: Round the year except Saturday & Sunday
Next Scheduled Tour: 16-18 Jun | 28-30 Jul | 18-20 Aug, 2016
The most heavenly fruit Bangladesh has to offer is mango. Dozens of different types of best quality mangoes are grown here. Nawabganj, a district town 75 km away from Rajshahi, is the mango capital of Bangladesh. During summer, Nawabganj and its satellite towns become pulsating veins of market activities, as mangoes of nearly every variety are harvested from the thousands of little orchards located throughout the district.
In this tour, we will take you to the mango capital of Bangladesh – Nawabganj, to photograph the mango activities on its numerous orchards and bazaars. You’ll photograph the collecting, sorting, weighting mango in the orchards, and transporting them on bicycles on a special way, which is very photogenic. Also you’ll visit the mango bazaars where buyers from all over the country gather, and eighty percent of country’s mangoes are sold from. We’ll also take you to visit some amazing archaeological sites of Gaur, the ancient capital of the greater Bengal located on the border of Bangladesh and India, and the beautiful temples and palaces of Puthia and Natore.
This tour could be in best use at May to July when it is the full mango season, and the whole Rajshahi Division is full with the fragrance of ripen mango. But also will be of same value to do at the other time of the year, when you can visit some of the best archaeological sights of Bangladesh through-out the whole Rajshahi division.
- Photograph mango activities in the mango capital of Bangladesh.
- Visit numerous mango orchards and bazaars on the ripen season which will be full of activities.
- Taste best quality mango fresh from the orchards.
- Visit impressive temples of Puthia, where the largest number of historical temples are located.
- Visit beautiful mosques of medieval Bengal capital Gaur.
Itinerary of Mango Capital Tour
Day-01: Dhaka – Rajshahi by Train
- Pick up from hotel at 05.30 H, transfer to Airport Railway Station, and take 769 Dhumketue Express at 06.15 H to Rajshahi. Arrive Rajshahi around 11.50 H, transfer to hotel.
- After check-in, freshen up, and lunch, visit Varendra Research Museum, which is the oldest museum in the country rich in it’s collection of archaeological artifacts.
- Ride boat at river Padma in the evening if time permits.
- Overnight at Rajshahi (Parjatan Hotel / Hotel Nice).
Day-02: Nawabganj Mango Orchards, and Gauda
- Drive to Kansat in Nawabpur (75 km, 2 hrs) after breakfast. Visit the numerous mango orchards and bazaars to photograph mango activities.
- Drive to Sonamasjid (20 mins) and visit some of the best archaeological sights of ancient capital Gaur as long as time permits. Drive back to Rajshahi in the evening (90 km, 2.5 hrs).
- Overnight at Rajshahi (Parjatan Hotel / Hotel Nice).
Day-03: Temples and Palaces of Puthia and Natore
- Drive to Natore (45 km, 01 hr). Visit the beautiful palace of Rani Bhabani which was built in the colonial period.
- Drive to Puthia (22 km, 30 mins) and visit its beautiful temples and palaces. Largest number of historical temples of Bangladesh are located in Puthia. Drive to hotel at Rajshahi (45 mins), freshen up, have lunch, check-out, and transfer to the train station.
- Return to Dhaka on 760 Padma Express leaving at 16.00 H. Arrive Dhaka around 21.50 H, transfer to hotel.
- End of the tour.
Price of Mango Capital Tour
|Group Size||Classic Package ||Comfort Package||Luxury Package|
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Tour includes:
- 02 Nights accommodation at Rajshahi as described in the itinerary on twin sharing basis, with complementary breakfast.
- Dhaka – Rajshahi 1st class return train tickets.
- Air-conditioned car, driver, English speaking guide.
- All site entrance tickets.
- Train Station return transfer at Dhaka (Dhaka North only – Gulshan, Banani, Baridhara, Uttara area).
- Does not includes:
- Any food, drinks, beverage, or any personal item.
- Pick-up and drop at Dhaka from the area other than mentioned above (Hotel 71, FARS Hotel, Hotel Pacicific, Hotel Ramna, Hotel Farmview, and the whole south Dhaka area).
Remarks on Mango Capital Tour
- Minimum 02 person is required to book this tour. Single travelers can join any scheduled tour announced in the website.
- Tour is not available to start on Saturday and Sunday, as Saturday is the off day for 769 Dhumketue Express and Tuesday is off day for 760 Padma Express.
- 1st class train tickets depend on availability. We’ll try our best to get first class tickets for you. But if that is not possible, you’ll have a reserved seat on 2nd class.
- It is common for the train to arrive Rajshahi on 01-02 hrs late.
- Tuk-Tuk will be used as local transport inside Rajshahi city.
- Wearing shorts will not be allowed to enter the mosques of Gaur. Women need to wear long sleeves while visiting the mosques. In other places, wearing shorts will not be any problem.
- Best time to travel:
- Mid May – August: Full mango season.
- In summer, it is hot and humid in Bangladesh. Also there is occasional rain which just comes and goes and very rarely continues for a long time. It also cools down the temperature. Be prepared with raincoat, umbrella, and zip-lock bags for your gadgets, and any other protection necessary from the rain.
- We’ll require the full payment in advance to book this tour. Details of our online payment system could be found here: Online payment FAQs.