Tour Duration: 03 Days, 02 Nights
Tour Attractions: Tea Plantations, Tribal Villages, Cycling, Trekking, Wildlife
Best time to go: April – November
Tour Available: Round the year except Tuesday
Next Scheduled Tour: N/A
Srimangal, is the tea capital of Bangladesh. This hilly area, with tea estates, lemon orchards, pineapple and rubber plantations, is one of the most picturesque and enjoyable parts of the country. For miles around, tea estates form a perennially green carpet on the sloping hills, and it is the one area (besides the Sundarbans) where it is possible to look around and not see another human being. A few days spent cycling around it’s tea estates and exploring nearby villages and forests will almost certainly rank among your most treasured experiences in Bangladesh.
Srimangal Leisure Tour is for people who want to spend their holiday in relaxation and leisure. This tour is not packed with activities and sight seeing. Instead you pass time here slowly enjoying it’s beauty. You wonder in the numerous tea gardens to enjoy their beauty, visit tribal villages to see their lifestyle, trek through Lawachara National Park to discover wildlife and birds. You’ll be fully relaxed in body and soul after this tour.
Itinerary of Srimangal Leisure Tour
Day-01: Tea Plantations, and Trtibal Villages
- Pick up from hotel at 06.30 H, transfer to Airport Railway Station, and take 07.12 H Parabat Express to Srimangal. Our guide at Dhaka will help you board the train and find your seats. Arrive Srimangal around 12.30 H. Upon arrival, our guide at Srimangal will meet you at the train station, and transfer you to the resort.
- After check-in, freshen up, and lunch, visit tea gardens and a tribal village in Srimangal.
- After dinner, we’ll take you to Nilkontho Tea cabin to taste the famous 7 layer tea of Srimangal.
- Overnight at Srimangal.
Day-02: Lawachara National Park, and Cycling
- Early morning, go for a rewarding wildlife trekking through the Lawachara National Park. We take the 03 hours trail for the maximum opportunity to see wildlife, specially the Hollock Gibbons for which this forest is famous for.
- Return to the resort, have lunch, and take some rest.
- Cycling through the trails of beautiful tea gardens rest of the day. People who love cycling, Srimangal could be a heaven for them. Trails through the tea gardens are scenic and also not very extreme. You’ll also be cycling through the rubber plantations, pineapple gardens, lemon orchards, and village roads. You’ll be cycling until the sun set. If you prefer not to do cycling, we’ll take you in sight seeing by car.
- Overnight at Srimangal.
Day-03: Free Morning
- Morning is free to do anything you like.
- Transfer to railway station, and take 10.31 H Jayantika Express to Dhaka. Arrive Dhaka Airport Station around 16.20 H, transfer to hotel, and say goodbye.
- End of the tour.
Price of Srimangal Leisure Tour
|Group Size||Classic Package ||Comfort Package||Luxury Package|
|03 Pax (Triple Sharing)||-||-||-||-||25,500||$330|
|Facilities||Classic Package||Luxury Package|
|Dhaka - Srimangal Transfer||1st Class Train (5 hrs, non-ac)||1st Class Train (5 hrs, non-ac)|
|Accommodation at Srimangal||Nisorgo Eco Resort (Basic bamboo cottage, Complementary breakfast, non-ac room, Western style toilet, Hot water, No Wi-Fi)||Grand Sultan Tea Resort & Golf (Luxurious 5* Resort, Complementary breakfast, air-conditioned room, Western style toilet, Hot water, Wi-Fi, Swimming Pool, Gym)|
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Tour includes:
- 02 Nights accommodation at Srimangal on twin/triple sharing basis, with complementary breakfast.
- Tuk-Tuk for all local transfers at Srimangal.
- Mountain bikes to ride.
- English Speaking guide.
- Dhaka – Srimangal Return train ticket.
- Train Station return transfer at Dhaka.
- Does not include any food other than mentioned above, drink, beverage, any accompanying guide on the train, or any personal item.
Remarks on Srimangal Leisure Tour
- Tour is not available to start on Tuesday, as Tuesday is the off day for Parabat Express, and Thursday is off day for Jayantika Express (return train).
- 1st class train tickets depends on availability. We’ll try our best to get first class tickets for you. But if that is not possible, you’ll have a reserved seat on 2nd class.
- It is common for the train from Srimangal to Dhaka to be 01-02 hrs late. But no matter when it arrives at Dhaka, our driver will be waiting for you in the station to take you to your hotel/residence.
- There will be no accompanying guide on the train.
- Transfer between hotel and railway station in Dhaka is only for Dhaka North area (Uttara, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara). For other parts of the city, extra payment is required for arranging a transfer.
- Price is not applicable for the Luxury Package during govt. holidays.
- Wearing shorts for both men and women will not be any problem in Srimangal.
- Best time to travel:
- April – November: You’ll see female tribal workers picking tea on numerous tea gardens at Srimangal, which is very picturesque. Best time of the year to travel.
- November – March: Weather is cool and comfortable, and less humid.
Reports from Western travelers after their recent visit to Bangladesh, about the security situation in Bangladesh after the restaurant attack in July, 2016.