Tour Duration: 02 Days, 01 Night
Tour Attractions: Tea Plantations, Tribal Villages, Cycling, Trekking, Wildlife
Best time to go: April – November
Tour Available: Round the year except Monday and Tuesday
Next Scheduled Tour: N/A
Srimangal is the epicenter of tea-growing culture and should be included in every traveler’s itinerary during a visit to Bangladesh. With its picturesque scenery, increasing tourism infrastructure and dominant tea culture, it really is one of the Bangladesh’s stand-alone destinations. Here for miles around, tea estates form a perennially green carpet on the sloping hills. A few days spent cycling around it’s tea estates and exploring nearby villages and forests will almost certainly rank among your most treasured experiences in Bangladesh.
In Srimangal Overnight Tour, you visit the numerous tea and rubber plantations, lemon orchards, pineapple plantations, and villages of many indigenous people like Tripura, Khasia, and Monipuri to see their lifestyle. You trek through Lawachara National Park to discover wildlife and birds, specially the Hollock Gibbons for which it is famous for. Also you can do cycling through tea gardens if you like.
Itinerary of Srimangal Overnight Tour
Day-01: Cycling through tea plantations
- Pick up from hotel at 06.30 H, transfer to Airport Railway Station, and take 07.12 H Parabat Express to Srimangal. Our guide at Dhaka will help you board the train and find your seats. Arrive Srimangal around 12.30 H. Upon arrival, our guide at Srimangal will meet you, and transfer you to the resort. After check-in, freshen up, and lunch, cycling with mountain bikes rest of the day. If you prefer not to do cycling, we’ll take you in sight seeing by Tuk-Tuk.
- You’ll be cycling through the trails of beautiful tea gardens. People who love cycling, Srimangal could be a heaven for them. Trails through the tea gardens are scenic and also not very extreme. You’ll also be cycling through the rubber plantations, pineapple gardens, lemon orchards, and village roads; and visit a tribal village to see their lifestyle.
- You’ll do cycling until sunset, and return to the resort, freshen up, and go for dinner. After that, we’ll take you to Nilkontho Tea cabin to taste the famous 7 layer tea of Srimangal.
- Overnight at Srimangal.
Day-02: Hiking at Lawachhara National Park
- Start early morning for a rewarding wildlife trek through Lawachara National Park. We’ll take the 3 hours trail for the maximum opportunity to see wildlife, specially the Hollock Gibbons for which this forest is famous for.
- You’ll also visit a tribal village in the edge of Lawachhara National Park and see their lifestyle.
- Return to the resort around noon, freshen up, have lunch, and take some rest. Late check-out and depart for Dhaka on 17.08 H Parabat Express train. Reach Dhaka around 20.10 H, transfer to your hotel/residence, and say good bye.
- End of the tour.
Price of Srimangal Overnight Tour
|Group Size||Classic Package ||Comfort Package||Luxury Package|
|03 Pax (Triple Sharing)||-||-||-||-||19,000||$245|
|Facilities||Classic Package||Luxury Package|
|Dhaka - Srimangal Transfer||1st Class Train (5 hrs, non-ac)||1st Class Train (5 hrs, non-ac)|
|Accommodation at Srimangal||Nisorgo Eco Resort (Basic bamboo cottage, Complementary breakfast, non-ac room, Western style toilet, Hot water, No Wi-Fi)||Grand Sultan Tea Resort & Golf (Luxurious 5* Resort, Complementary breakfast, air-conditioned room, Western style toilet, Hot water, Wi-Fi, Swimming Pool, Gym)|
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Tour includes:
- 1.5 Nights accommodation at Srimangal on twin/triple sharing basis, with complementary breakfast.
- Tuk-Tuk for all local transfers at Srimangal.
- Mountain bikes to ride.
- English Speaking guide.
- Dhaka – Srimangal Return train ticket.
- Train Station return transfer at Dhaka.
- Does not include any food other than mentioned above, drink, beverage, any accompanying guide on the train, or any personal item.
Remarks on Srimangal Overnight Tour
- Tour is not available to start on Sunday and Tuesday, as Tuesday is the off day for the train (Parabat Express).
- 1st class train tickets depends on availability. We’ll try our best to get first class tickets for you. But if that is not possible, you’ll have a reserved seat on 2nd class.
- It is common for the train from Srimangal to Dhaka to be 01-02 hrs late. But no matter when it arrives at Dhaka, our driver will be waiting for you in the station to take you to your hotel/residence.
- There will be no accompanying guide on the train.
- Transfer between hotel and railway station in Dhaka is only for Dhaka North area (Uttara, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara). For other parts of the city, extra payment is required for arranging a transfer.
- Price is not applicable for the Luxury Package during govt. holidays.
- Best time to travel:
- April – November: You’ll see female tribal workers picking tea on numerous tea gardens at Srimangal, which is very picturesque. Best time of the year to travel.
- November – March: Weather is cool and comfortable, and less humid.