Tour Duration: 02 Days, 01 Night
Location: Rajshahi, Natore, and Puthia
Tour Attractions: Temples amd Palaces of Puthia and Natore
Best time to go: October – March
Tour Available: Round the year except Saturday & Monday
Next Scheduled Tour: N/A
On a small village at Puthia in Rajshahi lies the largest number of historically significant Hindu temples in Bangladesh, many of which are well preserved. It is an interesting area for travelers to explore and gain insight into the history and culture of Bangladesh. The palace of Natore was once the center of power from where the whole Rajshahi division and a large area of current day West Bengal was ruled. The queen of Natore was in fact called “Ordho-Bongeshwari”, meaning the lady of half of the greater Bengal.
In the Temple Village Tour, we will take you to visit the dilapidated palaces and bewitching temples at the delightful little village Puthia, dwell in the beautiful royal palace at Natore which is full of fanciful gardens and temple-hemmed ponds. Also you’ll visit Barendra Museum in Rajshahi, which is the oldest museum of the country full of archaeological artifacts, and enjoy a boat ride on mighty river Padma during sunset. Perfect tour to spend an week-end in Bangladesh.
Itinerary of Temple Village Tour
Day-01: Dhaka – Rajshahi by Train
- Pick up from hotel/residence at 05.30 H, transfer to Airport Railway Station, and take 769 Dhumketue Express at 06.15 H to Rajshahi. Arrive Rajshahi around 11.50 H, transfer to hotel.
- After check-in, freshen up, and lunch, visit Varendra Research Museum, which is the oldest museum in the country rich in it’s collection of archaeological artifacts.
- Ride boat at river Padma in the evening if time permits.
- Overnight at Rajshahi (Parjatan Hotel / Hotel Nice).
Day-02: Temples and Palaces of Puthia and Natore
- Drive to Natore (45 km, 01 hr). Visit the beautiful palace of Rani Bhabani which was built in the colonial period.
- Drive to Puthia (22 km, 30 mins) and visit its beautiful temples and palaces. Largest number of historical temples of Bangladesh are located in Puthia. Drive to hotel at Rajshahi (45 mins), freshen up, have lunch, check-out, and transfer to the train station.
- Return to Dhaka on 760 Padma Express leaving at 16.00 H. Arrive Dhaka around 21.50 H, transfer to hotel/residence.
- End of the tour.
Price of Temple Village Tour
|Group Size||Classic Package ||Comfort Package||Luxury Package|
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Tour includes:
- 01 Night accommodation at Rajshahi as described in the itinerary on twin sharing basis, with complementary breakfast.
- Dhaka – Rajshahi 1st class return train tickets.
- Air-conditioned car, driver, English speaking guide.
- All site entrance tickets.
- Train Station return transfer at Dhaka (Dhaka North only – Gulshan, Banani, Baridhara, Nikunja, and Uttara area).
- Does not includes:
- Any food, drinks, beverage, or any personal item.
- Pick-up and drop at Dhaka from the area other than mentioned above (Hotel 71, FARS Hotel, Hotel Pacicific, Hotel Ramna, Hotel Farmview, and the whole south Dhaka area).
Remarks on Temple Village Tour
- Minimum 02 person is required to book this tour. Single travelers can join any scheduled tour announced in the website.
- Tour is not available to start on Saturday and Monday, as Saturday is the off day for 769 Dhumketue Express and Tuesday is off day for 760 Padma Express.
- 1st class train tickets depend on availability. We’ll try our best to get first class tickets for you. But if that is not possible, you’ll have a reserved seat on 2nd class.
- It is common for the train to arrive Rajshahi on 01-02 hrs late.
- Tuk-Tuk will be used as local transport inside Rajshahi city.
- Best time to travel:
- October – March: Weather is cool and comfortable, and less humid.
- We’ll require the full payment in advance to book this tour. Details of our online payment system could be found here: Online payment FAQs.