Bangladesh is a very beautiful country. It has many sites of historical value and beauty. Some of them are very famous, others people don’t even know about. It cradles the largest mangrove swamp in the world, Buddhist kingdoms dated back to the 3rd century B.C., lush tea plantations, stunning beaches, temples with full of terracotta in the walls, mosques, and it’s people – most generous and open-hearted you’ll meet. In this article, we listed Bangladesh tourist places. If you know about any other site which we’ve missed here, let us know in the comment.
Sights in Dhaka
- Lalbag Fort – A Fort from Mughal period.
- Ahsan Manjil (Pink Palace) – Residence of the Dhaka Nawabs.
- Armenian Church – Remaining of the Armenian colony in Bangladesh from 17th century.
- Star Mosque – A beautiful mosque decorated with stars in every inches of the outer walls.
- Khan Muhammad Mridha Mosque – Beautiful mosque from Mughal period, erected in 1706.
- Dhakeswari Temple – City’s main Hindu temple dating back to the 12th century.
- National Assembly building – Finest work of world-renowned American architect Louis Kahn.
Sights around Dhaka
- Folk-Art and Crafts foundation – Historical place in the old capital, Sonargaon.
- Panam Nagar – A wealthy city of Hindu merchants in the old capital, Sonargaon.
- Panch Pir tomb and mosque – 15th century mosque at Sonargaon
- Goaldi mosque – Mosque erected at 1519 at sonargaon
- Baliati Palace – Mysterious palace of Hindu Land-owners from british period.
Sights at Rajshahi Division
- Tajhat Palace – Palace of Hindu land-owners at Rangpur
- Kantajew Temple – Hindu temple at Dinajpur, every inchees of walls ornamented with terracotta plates telling epic hindu stories
- Natore Palace – Series of palaces of the king of Natore
- Somapuri Vihara – Buddhist temple from 8th century A.D.
- Mahasthangarh – Oldest known city in Bangladesh, dated back to the 3rd century B.C.
Know about any other site in Bangladesh? Write in the comment. We’ll add that.
Further reading on Bangladesh tourist places
Latest posts by Raw Hasan ( র. হাসান ) (see all)
- Traveler’s report on security situation in Bangladesh after 2016 attack - December 1, 2016
- Mahasthangarh: History, How to go, Visiting Hours, Entry Fees - November 30, 2016
- Bangladesh visa on arrival: who can get, rules, and fees - November 29, 2016