Location: Dhaka and Barisal
Tour Attractions: Backstreets, Bazaars, Channel Cruise, Floating Markets, Villages
Best Time To Go: July – March
Tour Availability: Year Round / Any Day Start
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Check Bellow
Barisal, southern Bangladesh, is filled with dozens of rivers and channels that make up the Ganges Delta, resulting in a lush landscape. Our Barisal Tour will take you to experience life in the Ganges Delta, totally based on water. You’ll visit its floating markets, bazaars, villages, brick kilns, and schools beyond the reach of the guidebooks. You’ll be greeted warmly by locals and have an authentic experience that is hard to find in other parts of the world. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to experience megacity Dhaka’s bustling backstreets, bazaars, and shipyards. This tour is perfect for those who enjoy capturing the essence of people’s lives through photography.
On Barisal Tour, you’ll start with visiting some backstreets and bazaars full of activities in New and Old Dhaka for a whole day, and take an overnight ferry to Barisal and explore its numerous channels and rivers for the next two days on a small country boat. Depending on the season, you’ll visit different floating markets of rice, rice paddy, guava, timber, and vegetables. Also, go overland, visit various bazaars, schools, brick kilns, and villages, interact with the locals, and return to Dhaka on the third day.
Barisal is a region where people have hardly ever seen a foreigner. We’ll take you to explore some remote areas in this region beyond the reach of the guidebooks, where you’ll receive a genuine welcome from the locals and experience their authentic life – an experience you can’t have in most parts of the world. This is a highly photogenic tour for anyone keen on photographing the life of people.
Highlights of Barisal Tour
- Immerse yourself in the heart of the Ganges Delta, exploring Barisal’s serene rivers and narrow channels and discovering the authentic local life that unfolds there.
- Delight in the enchantment of endless floating markets, each offering a unique and captivating experience, brimming with treasures to discover.
- Embark on an exhilarating overland adventure, uncovering diverse bazaars, brick kilns, and schools as you unravel the rich tapestry of Bangladesh’s vibrant culture.
- Stroll through charming villages, engage with friendly locals, and witness the authentic daily life that defines the riverine beauty of Bangladesh.
- Explore New and Old Dhaka’s bustling backstreets and bazaars with vibrant activities and charm.
- Go on an enchanting boat journey along the Buriganga River in Dhaka and experience the city’s liveliness reflected in its lively currents.
- Discover the thriving shipyards of Dhaka, where passenger and cargo boats find repair, offering a glimpse into the bustling maritime world of the city.
A map of the 3-day Barisal Tour with Nijhoom Tours to experience life in the Ganges Delta in Barisal & Megacity Dhaka.
Itinerary of Barisal Tour
Price of Barisal Tour
- 4 Pax Gruop: $475 US Per Person
- 2-3 Pax Group: Please contact us for the price
- Single Supplement: $25 US
Inclusions and Exclusions
Barisal Tour Includes:
- Pick-up and drop-off from the North Dhaka area (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area only).
- All accommodation in hotels and boat cabins as mentioned in the itinerary with complimentary breakfast on a twin-sharing basis.
- Breakfast at a local restaurant in Dhaka on Day-1.
- Breakfast and lunch at the country boat in Barisal with locally purchased fruits, drinking water, tea, and coffee on Day-2 & 3.
- All internal flights.
- An air-conditioned car, driver, and an English-speaking guide.
- All boat rides.
- All entrance tickets.
- All tips except our guide, driver, and Barisal boatman.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from the South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, FARS Hotel, Asia Hotel & Resort, Ambrosia Guest House, White House Hotel, Hotel Sky City, Suktara Hotel, and the nearby area).
- Any food or drinks other than those mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Departures and Availability
|Departure Dates||Total Places||Available Places||Discounts|
|September 12-14, 2023||6||3+||$50 Off-Season Discount|
Watch video of brick kiln in Barisal Tour which you’ll visit.