Location: Chittagong, Chittagong Hill-Tracts, and Cox’s Bazar
Tour Attractions: Best attractions of Chittagong & Cox’s Bazar
Best time to go: October – March
Tour Available: Year Round / Wednesday Start
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Contact us
The Exploring Chittagong tour will take you to experience some of the highlights of the Chittagong and Cox’s Bazar region, including the Chittagong Hill-Tracts area, the home of the indigenous people in Bangladesh. You’ll visit many tribal markets and the villages of different tribes. See life outside tourism by visiting the busy fishing ports of Chittagong and Cox’s Bazaar. Visit the World War II Cemetery in Chittagong and enjoy remote beaches in Cox’s Bazar outside the tourists’ reach. Have pleasant boat rides in lake Kaptai and river Sangu. A tour to experience life, different from the mainstream Bengali people in other parts of Bangladesh.
Chittagong is the most diverse region of Bangladesh and contains some of the lesser-visited highlights of the country. It stretches from the world’s longest unbroken sandy beach to the hill country bordering Burma. One thousand meters high and a thousand stories thick, Chittagong is the home of numerous indigenous groups. If you’ve spent time absorbing the ruler-straight horizons elsewhere in Bangladesh, it will be a pleasure to stare at the ruffled peaks and valleys and experience the fascinating lifestyle of the indigenous groups here. A boat ride on the beautiful lake Kaptai or a journey through the river Sangu will be a lifetime memory for anyone.
Elderly women in a Tonchongga village in Chittagong Hill-Tracts.
On the Exploring Chittagong Tour, you’ll start by visiting the World War II Cemetery and the busy fishing port of Chittagong. Afterward, have a pleasant boat ride at lake Kaptai in Rangamati in Chittagong Hill-Tracts, visit its tribal bazaars dominated by the Chakma tribe – the largest tribe in Bangladesh, and visit the Chakma villages and see how their lifestyle differs from other parts of Bangladesh. Also, visit their handicraft markets and see the unique textiles they hand-weave on their looms. And visit their temples and experience the Buddhist culture in Bangladesh.
Next, visit Bandarban, another region in the Chittagong Hill Tracts and home to the many different tribes in Bangladesh. You’ll visit villages of various tribes, including the Marma, Mro, Bawm, Tripura, and Tonchongga, and experience the differences in their cultures. Have a memorable boat ride on river Sangu, the most beautiful river in Bangladesh. And visit tribal bazaars where you can meet people from many different tribes in their traditional outfits, which is rare to see at other times.
A Mro family in the Chittagong Hill Tracts.
Afterward, visit Cox’s Bazar, famous for its longest unbroken sandy beach in the world and the most popular holiday destination for the locals. You’ll experience life in Cox’s Bazar outside tourism, a massive fishing industry that is Bangladesh’s largest hub of sea fishing. You’ll visit its busy fishing ports and see its vast dry-fishing industry. And visit remote beaches outside the tourists’ reach and enjoy the quietness. Also, see how locals enjoy their holiday on popular beaches.
Exploring Chittagong Tour will be a memorable experience in one of the most fascinating areas of Asia unknown to the outside world. If you are visiting Bangladesh and would like to experience life and culture outside the mainstream Bengali people, this tour will be perfect for you! We’ll organize the special permit for foreigners to visit the Chittagong Hill Tracts region on this tour. We are one of the few licensed tour operators in Bangladesh enlisted in the Chittagong Hill Tracts administration office to arrange the permit.
- Visit the villages of different tribes in the Chittagong Hill-Tracts and experience their cultures, which are different from the mainstream Bengali people.
- Visit various tribal bazaars and meet people from different indigenous groups in Chittagong Hill-Tracts, in traditional outfits, which are rare to see at other times.
- Visit tribal handicraft markets and get an opportunity to directly buy authentic textiles from the tribal people in Chittagong Hill-Tracts, who hand-weaved them on their looms.
- Have pleasant boat rides on the beautiful lake Kaptai and river Sangu and enjoy the activities there.
- Visit the World War II Cemetery in Chittagong.
- Visit some busy fishing ports of Chittagong and Cox’s Bazar and experience the fishing activities.
- Visit the massive dry-fishing industry in Cox’s Bazar.
- Enjoy the quietness of some remote beaches in Cox’s Bazar, outside the reach of tourists, which is part of the longest unbroken sandy beach in the world.
- Visit some popular beaches in Cox’s Bazar and experience how locals enjoy their holiday there.
A map of the 7-day Exploring Chittagong Tour in Bangladesh with Nijhoom Tours to enjoy the unique lifestyle of the Chittagong and Cox’s Bazar regions.
Itinerary of Exploring Chittagong
Contact us for the Detailed Itinerary
Price of Exploring Chittagong
- 4+ People Gruop: $1,120 US Per Person
- 2-3 People Group: Please contact us for the price
- Private Tour: Please contact us for the price
- Single Supplement: $165 US
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Pick-up and drop-off from the North Dhaka area (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area only).
- All accommodation in hotels as mentioned in the itinerary with complimentary breakfast on a twin-sharing basis.
- Permits for visiting the Chittagong Hill-Tracts region.
- An air-conditioned car, driver, and an English-speaking guide.
- All boat rides.
- All entrance tickets.
- Cox’s Bazar-Dhaka economy class flight tickets.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from the South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, FARS Hotel, Asia Hotel & Resort, Ambrosia Guest House, White House Hotel, Hotel Sky City, Suktara Hotel, and the nearby area).
- Any food or drinks other than those mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
A Marma Village in the Chittagong Hill Tracts. © Photo Credit: Tina Manley.
Departures and Availability
Contact us for the Latest Schedule
- Wednesday would be the best day of the week to start the tour, considering the market days. You’ll miss some markets that are the tour’s highlights by starting the tour on any other day of the week.
- Arranging the special permits for foreigners to visit the Chittagong Hill-Tracts region takes time. Booking this tour at least three weeks in advance is advised.
- A moderate level of physical fitness is required for this tour, as the Chittagong Hill-Tracts area is a hilly region, and some climbing is involved.
Also Included In
Exploring Chittagong Tour is included in our below holiday packages: