Tour Duration: Full Day Tour (10 Hrs)
Location: Dhamrai (40km from Dhaka)
Tour Attractions: People and Culture of rural Bangladesh
Best time to go: Round the year
Tour Available: Round the year
Next Scheduled Tour: N/A
In this full day tour, we’ll take you to a remote village in Dhamrai in the outskirt of Dhaka to visit a metal crafts workshop where they make brass and bronze statues in ancient lost-wax technique, and a pottery village where all of them make pottery from many of their generations.
On the way back to Dhaka you’ll visit National Martyrs Monument in Savar which was built to pay tribute to the people who was killed during the liberation war of Bangladesh in 1971. This is a tour where you can learn about the traditional life of Bangladeshi people and history of this country.
Itinerary of Brass and Pottery Tour
- 08.00 – 08.00 AM: A guide and driver of Nijhoom Tours will meet you at your hotel lobby/residence to pick you up, and will start driving toward Dhamrai (40km) immediately.
- 10.00 – 10.00 AM: Reach Nayarhat Bazar at Dhamrai. Leave the car, and take a 30 minute boat ride to the pottery village Kakran..
- 10.30 – 11.30 AM: See life and works at pottery village where people making potteries from many of their generations, who are known as Kumar (potter). The trade of making pottery with clay is dying, so they live in poor conditions. More and more of the potters are leaving their family trade now a days. It will be nice if you bring some chocolate to distribute among the children in the village. They will be extremely happy.
- 12.00 – 12.00 PM: Back to Nayarhat Bazar by boat. Drive toward Nabinagar.
- 12.30 – 01.30 PM: Lunch at a local restaurant in Nabinagar (local food).
- 02.00 – 03.00 PM: Drive toward Dhamrai, and visit the metal crafts workshop where they make amazing status and crockeries with bronze in lost-wax technique. This is the best place to buy some souvenir made of brass. They make amazing little things here perfect for souvenir.
- 03.30 – 03.45 PM: Visit National Martyrs Memorial at Savar on the way back to Dhaka.
- 06.00 – 06.00 PM: Drop at your hotel/residence, say goodbye. End of the tour.
Price of Brass and Pottery Tour
- 1 Pax Tour: 8,000 BDT / $104 USD
- 2 Pax Group: 5,000 BDT / $65 USD Per Person
- 3 Pax Group: 4,500 BDT / $58 USD Per Person
- 4 Pax Group: 4,000 BDT / $52 USD Per Person
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Tour includes:
- Air-conditioned car, and driver.
- English speaking guide.
- All site entrance tickets.
- Lunch on a local restaurant (authentic local food).
- All boat rides.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
- Does not include any drink, beverage, or any personal item.
- You’ll be surrounded by lots of curious children when you visit the pottery village. Please consider bringing some chocolates for the poor children (as much as possible) as charity work.
- Specialty of Bengali food is they are spicy, which is the main difference with Indian food. Khichuri (made of rice, daal, and meat) and Biriani (rice and meat cooked specially with added spice) are two of the most famous foods in Bangladesh. Restaurants will be basic but descent here where the local people normally go to eat.
- We’ll require the full payment in advance by credit card to book this tour. Details of our online payment system could be found here: Online payment FAQs.
Remarks on Brass and Pottery Tour
Reports from Western travelers after their recent visit to Bangladesh, about the security situation in Bangladesh after the restaurant attack in July, 2016.