Tour Duration: 3-Day, 2-Night
Tour Attractions: Tea Plantations, Tribal Villages, Trekking, Wildlife
Best time to go: April – November
Tour Available: Round the year except Sunday & Tuesday
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Contact us
Srimangal is the tea capital of Bangladesh, which is one of the most picturesque and enjoyable parts of the country. For miles around, tea estates form a perennially green carpet on the sloping hills here. A few days spent around its tea estates and exploring nearby villages and forests will almost certainly rank among your most treasured experiences in Bangladesh.
Srimangal Adventure Tour is packed with different activities, and for people who love adventures and challenges. This tour features walking through the trails inside beautiful tea gardens, laborious trekking through the hills and streams in Rajkandi Reserve Forest to discover Hamham Waterfalls and a rewarding wildlife trekking through Lawachara National park. Only people who are physically fit are advised to book this tour.
Itinerary of Srimangal Adventure Tour
- Pick up from the hotel at 06.30 H, transfer to Airport Railway Station. Depart for Srimangal at 07.00 H on 709 Parabat Express. Arrive Srimangal around 11.00 H, transfer to the resort.
- In the afternoon, walk through the trails inside tea gardens, visit some pineapple gardens and lemon orchards. Also show you the tea deposit activities on a tea garden before sunset (if available) when female workers gather to deposit their tea leaves which they collected during the whole day, which is photogenic.
- Visit a colony of tea workers if time permits.
- After dinner, we’ll take you to Nilkontho Tea cabin to taste the famous 7 layer tea of Srimangal.
- Overnight at Srimangal (Nisorgo Eco Resort)
- Start at 7.30 am and drive toward Rajkandi Reserve Forest on a 4×4 car through the tea plantations. Arrive at Kalabanpara village in the edge of the forest in 1.5 hours, and start laborious trekking through the Rajkandi Reserve Forest to discover Hamham Waterfalls. You need to trek 2-3 hours through the up and down hills to reach the waterfalls.
- Upon arrival on the waterfall, we’ll have a 1-hour break to enjoy the waterfall and have lunch, and start our return journey on a different route through the streams. You’ll hike 3-4 hours through knee-deep water and dry fields to Kalabanpara, and drive back to Srimangal in the evening on the same vehicle. If the water level is higher than usual because of rain, we’ll return on the same hilly route.
- Upon arrival at the resort in the evening, freshen up and go for dinner.
- Overnight at Srimangal (Nisorgo Eco Resort)
- Early morning, go for a rewarding wildlife trekking through the Lawachara National Park. We’ll take the 03 hours trail for the maximum opportunity to see wildlife, specially the Hollock Gibbons for which this forest is famous for.
- Transfer to railway station, and depart for Dhaka at 17.00 H on 710 Parabat Express (Tue Off). Arrive Dhaka around 21.30 H, transfer to hotel.
- End of the tour.
Price of Srimangal Adventure Tour
|Group Size||Tour Price|
|Dhaka - Srimangal Transfer||1st Class Train |
(4 hrs, Air-Conditioned)
|Accommodation at Srimangal||Nisorgo Eco Resort |
(Basic bamboo/brick cottage, Complementary breakfast, non-ac/ac room, Western style toilet, Hot water, Wi-Fi on lobby)
Inclusions and Exclusions
- 2.5 Night accommodation at Srimangal on twin sharing basis, with complementary breakfast.
- Tuk-Tuk for all local travel at Srimangal.
- Locally hired 4×4 vehicle at Srimangal to go to Hamham waterfalls and back on Day-02.
- Locally purchased fruits and biscuits for light lunch at Hamham waterfalls on Day-02.
- Dhaka – Srimangal Return train ticket.
- Train Station return transfer at Dhaka.
- English Speaking guide.
- All site entrance tickets.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from outside the North Dhaka area as mentioned bellow.
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Notes on Srimangal Adventure Tour
- Pick-up and drop-off for this tour will be available from North Dhaka area only (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area).
- Tour is not available to start on Sunday and Tuesday, as Tuesday is the off day for the train (Parabat Express).
- 1st class train tickets depending on availability. We’ll try our best to get first-class tickets for you. But if that is not possible, you’ll have a reserved seat on 2nd class.
- It is common for the train from Srimangal to Dhaka to be 01-02 hrs late. But no matter when it arrives at Dhaka, our driver will be waiting for you in the station to take you to your hotel/residence.
- Only brick cottages at Nisorgo Eco Resort have air-conditioning. If you need air-conditioning and want to stay on the brick cottages, let us know during booking. Bamboo cottages do not have air-conditioning but have fan.
- Wearing shorts for both men and women will not be any problem in Srimangal.
- You need to wear waterproofed shoes and carry lots of drinking water while trekking to Hamham waterfalls and Lawachhara National Park.
- Best time to travel:
- April – November: You’ll see female tribal workers picking tea on numerous tea gardens at Srimangal, which is very picturesque. Best time in the year to travel.
- November – March: Weather is cool and comfortable, and less humid.
- June – September: The waterfall will be full of water, and looks gorgeous.