Tour Duration: 05 Days, 04 Nights
Location: Srimangal, and Sylhet
Tour Attractions: Tea gardens, Tribal Village, Cycling, and Boat ride
Best time to go: June – September
Tour Available: Round the year
Next Scheduled Tour: 09-13 July, 2017
Sylhet is one of the most scenic part of Bangladesh, located in the north-eastern part of the country. Here you’ll find endless tea plantations, which is also the tea capital of Bangladesh, national park containing endangered last few families of Hulluk Gibbons, many tribal villages with unique culture and lifestyle, beautiful hills, rivers, and canals. This is paradise for the nature lovers. If you like nature and photography, Sylhet Tour is for you.
In Sylhet tour, you’ll get a chance to experience the very best of Sylhet, full of activities. You can visit different tribal villages, cycle through the trails inside tea plantations, trek on national park, ride local boat on clear river and blue-water canal, photograph stone collection activities, taste 7 layer tea, and many more. Perfect tour to experience Sylhet on it’s best.
Itinerary of Sylhet Nature Tour
- Pick up from hotel at 06.30 H, transfer to Airport Railway Station, and take 07.12 H Parabat Express to Srimangal. Our guide at Dhaka will help you board the train and find your seats. Arrive Srimangal around 12.30 H. Upon arrival, our guide at Srimangal will meet you at the train station, and transfer you to the resort.
- After check-in, freshen up, and lunch, visit tea gardens and a tribal village in Srimangal.
- After dinner, we’ll take you to Nilkontho Tea cabin to taste the famous 7 layer tea of Srimangal.
- Overnight at Srimangal.
- Early morning, go for a rewarding wildlife trekking through the Lawachara National Park. We take the 03 hours trail for the maximum opportunity to see wildlife, specially the Hollock Gibbons for which this forest is famous for.
- Return to the resort, have lunch, and take some rest.
- Cycling through the trails of beautiful tea gardens rest of the day. People who love cycling, Srimangal could be a heaven for them. Trails through the tea gardens are scenic and also not very extreme. You’ll also be cycling through the rubber plantations, pineapple gardens, lemon orchards, and village roads. You’ll be cycling until the sun set. If you prefer not to do cycling, we’ll take you in sight seeing by car.
- Overnight at Srimangal.
- Morning is free to do anything. Drive to Sylhet around 10 am (02 hrs).
- After check-in, freshen up, and lunch, visit Sylhet city rest of the day. We’ll take you to visit the century old Kin Bridge built on colonial period and one of the main entrance to the city, Surma river, and the shrines of Shah Jalal and Shah Paran where you’ll see many interesting people.
- Overnight at Sylhet.
- Pick-up at 9.00 H from hotel, and a scenic drive toward Jaflong (02 hrs). Here you enjoy your time idly enjoying the beauty of Jaflong. You’ll get an opportunity to photograph the stone collection activities on the river where they collect stones manually and take into crushers, which is highly photogenic. We will take you to the river on a local boat to photograph the stone collecting activities.
- Lunch on a decent restaurant run by Nazimgarh Resort overlooking the river.
- Visit the village of Khashia tribe and see their lifestyle. You can visit their gardens and see how they grow betel leaves, and visit some tea plantations for which this area is very famous.
- Return to Sylhet in the evening.
- Overnight at Sylhet.
- Pick-up from hotel at 8.00 H, and drive to Sarighat (01 hrs). Upon arrival, transfer to the boat.
- Enjoy boat ride on the blue-water canal Lalakhal. We’ll take you to the end of the canal close to Indian border and back, which will be about 2.5 hrs ride in total. Also you’ll visit a tea garden on the way. We’ll use a motorized local wooden boat for the journey.
- Back to Sylhet, have lunch, and transfer to railway station / airport.
- Board 15.00 H Parabat Express / catch 14.00 H flight for Dhaka. Our Sylhet guide will help you board the train, find your seats, and say good bye. Arrive Dhaka Airport Railway Station around 22.00 H / 14.40 H for flight, and transfer to your hotel/residence.
- End of the tour.
Price of Sylhet Nature Tour
|Group Size||Classic Package ||Comfort Package||Luxury Package|
|Facilities||Classic Package||Comfort Package||Luxury Package|
|Dhaka - Srimangal Transfer||1st Class Train (5 hrs, non-ac)||Same as Classic Package||Same as Classic Package|
|Accommodation at Srimangal||Nisorgo Eco Resort (Basic bamboo cottage, Complementary breakfast, non-ac room, Western style toilet, Hot water, No Wi-Fi)||Same as Classic Package||Grand Sultan Tea Resort & Golf (Luxurious 5* Resort, Complementary breakfast, air-conditioned room, Western style toilet, Hot water, Wi-Fi, Swimming Pool, Gym)|
|Accommodation at Sylhet||Hotel Britania (Basic hotel, Complementary breakfast, Air-conditioned room, Western style toilet, Hot water, Wi-fi on room)||Hotel Star Pacific (Moderate hotel, Air-conditioned room, Western style toilet, Hot water, Wi-fi on room, Swimming Pool)||Nazimgarh Wilderness Resort (Luxury resort, Air-conditioned room, Western style toilet, Hot water, Wi-fi on room, Swimming pool)|
|Additional Facilities||N/A||N/A||Complementary Kayaking from the resort|
|Sylhet - Dhaka Transfer||1st Class Train (7 hrs, non-ac)||Flight (01 hr.)||Flight (01 hr.)|
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Tour includes:
- Locally hired air-conditioned car and driver at Sylhet, and Tuk-Tuk at Srimangal.
- 04 Nights accommodation at Sylhet and Srimangal on twin sharing basis, with complementary breakfast.
- English Speaking guide.
- Return train/flight tickets.
- Airport/Train Station return transfer at Dhaka. Pickup & drop from Hotel 71 and surrounding Dhaka South area will not be available.
Remarks on Sylhet Nature Tour
- Classic package is not available on Tuesday & Friday, as Tuesday is the off day for the train (Parabat Express).
- For Classic package, it is also possible to fly from Sylhet to Dhaka. Actual ticket price will be added with the tour price if you take that option, which starts from 3,000 BDT per person.
- Price for Comfort and Luxury package depends upon availability of economy class flight tickets. Extra charge will be applicable if return flight ticket costs more than 7,000 BDT per person (actual ticket price – 7,000 BDT per person).
- 1st class train tickets depends on availability. We’ll try our best to get first class tickets for you. But if that is not possible, you’ll have a reserved seat on 2nd class.
- It is common for the train from Sylhet to Dhaka to be 01-02 hrs late. But no matter when it arrives at Dhaka, our driver will be waiting for you in the station to take you to your hotel/residence.
- There will be no accompanying guide on the train.
- Transfer between hotel and railway station in Dhaka is available only for Dhaka North area (Uttara, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara).
- Best time to travel:
- April – November: You’ll see female tribal workers picking tea on the tea gardens, which is very picturesque.
- December – February: Water color at Lalakhal will be blue. During other time, it will be muddy, specially in monsoon. Also you can see people collecting stones from the river on this time.
- June – September: Piain river and Lalakhal will be full of water, and the nature will be most beautiful. Best time of the year to visit.
Reports from Western travelers after their recent visit to Bangladesh, about the security situation in Bangladesh after the restaurant attack in July, 2016.