Location: Srimangal, Barisal, Sundarbans, Dhaka, Sonargaon
Tour Attractions: Raas festival of the Manipuri tribe
Maximum no of Participants: 12
Early-Bird Discount: $50 US pp until Apr 30, 20222
Next Scheduled Tour: Oct 29-Nov 13, 2022
Raas Lila is part of the traditional story of Hindu god Krishna, where he danced with Radha and her Shakhis (friends) for a whole night. Raas festival is celebrated in different places of Bangladesh, among which the celebration of the Manipuri tribal community is extraordinary. They perform a folk dance drama based on the scenes from Raas Lila. Solo and group dancing are combined with singing, chanted recitation, and instrumental accompaniment. They wear very colorful traditional tribal clothes during the performance.
In the Raas Festival Tour, we’ll take you to enjoy the colorful Raas festival of the Manipuri tribe. You will attend all the festival events and visit some beautiful tea plantations where tourists don’t go. Visit some authentic villages of 4 different tribes outside the tourist trails. Also, experience life in the heart of the Ganges Delta, which is entirely based on water. Visit some floating markets, bazaars, villages, brick factories, schools, and interact with the locals.
Have an excursion to Sundarbans, the largest mangrove forest on earth, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and an internationally important wetland under the Ramsar convention. You’ll get an opportunity to see the Bengal tigers in the wild, river dolphins, clawless otters, salt-water crocodiles, many species of birds, and other wildlife.
A highly photogenic tour, this will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience no tour operator in Bangladesh offers – not even us on our regular tours! Seats are limited. We’ll take a maximum of 12 travelers on this tour. Secure your place before they are gone!
Get a $50 US per person early-bird discount by booking within Apr 30, 2022. Free cancellation and date change options if your country or Bangladesh is under lockdown or Bangladesh enters the Red List of your country during the tour. No fear of losing your money. Contact us now for more details of the tour!
Highlights of Raas Festival Tour
- Enjoy the colorful Raas festival of the Manipuri tribe.
- Walk on the trails of beautiful tea plantations where tourists don’t go.
- Visit some authentic villages of 4 different tribes outside the tourist trails.
- Full-day tour of Old Dhaka, including a boat ride on the busy Buriganga river.
- Photograph the activities of the busiest bazaars, backstreets, and river ports of New & Old Dhaka.
- Visit Panam Nagar, an abandoned city of wealthy cotton merchants from the 19th century.
- Visit floating markets, bazaars, schools, brick factories, and explore numerous rivers and canals by boat in the heart of the Ganges Delta.
- Visit historical sites at Bagerhat, a UNESCO world heritage city from the 15th century, including the Sixty Dome Mosque.
- Spend three full days deep inside the Sundarbans on a small houseboat, anchoring in different places each night.
- Visit the wildlife sanctuaries inside the Sundarbans.
- Explore creeks and canals inside the Sundarbans on a wooden rowing boat for the maximum chance of spotting wildlife in the early morning and evening.
- Walk on a trail inside the Sundarbans accompanied by armed forest rangers.
- Enjoy the best and the cleanest beach in Bangladesh deep inside the forest, hardly meeting any other tourists.
- Spot wildlife from an observation tower overlooking an open area where animals come to eat and drink.
- Visit a fishing village to experience the life of the fishermen of the Sundarbans.
- Experience the heritage of the Jamdani weaving tradition in Bangladesh, a UNESCO declared Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
Itinerary of Raas Festival Tour
Price of Raas Festival Tour
- 4-12 Pax Gruop: $2,290 US Per Person
- Single Supplement: $250 US
Inclusions and Exclusions
- All airport transfers in Bangladesh.
- All domestic flights.
- All accommodations in hotels and boat cabins as mentioned in the itinerary with complimentary breakfast on a twin sharing basis, with late checkout on the last day until 18.00 H.
- 3 Lunches, 2 dinners, drinking water, tea, and coffee on the boat at Sundarbans.
- 2 Lunches with the locally purchased fruits and snacks, tea, and coffee while at the boat in Barisal.
- 1st Class sleeping cabin on the passenger ferry from Dhaka to Barisal on a twin-sharing basis.
- All boat rides.
- All entrance tickets.
- Air-conditioned car, driver, and an English-speaking guide.
- 5,500 BDT per person fee of the Sundarbans forest permit.
- All tips except our guide and boat crew in Sundarbans.
- All taxes.
Does not include:
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- $15 US fee for video camera in Sundarbans (if any).
- Any personal item.