Location: Dhaka, Bagerhat, Sundarbans, Srimangal
Tour Attractions: Sundarbans Mangrove Forest, Tea Plantations, Sixty Dome Mosque
Best time to go: October – March
Tour Availability: Year round / Any day start
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Check Bellow
Discover Bangladesh’s unique beauty and rich cultural heritage by visiting its top attractions and must-see sights. Explore the world-renowned Sundarbans, home to majestic Bengal tigers and the largest mangrove forest on earth. Visit the 15th-century world heritage city Bagerhat, the lively capital city Dhaka, and the abandoned city of Panam Nagar, once home to wealthy Hindu cotton merchants. Explore the picturesque tea plantations of Srimangal, where you can interact with tribal communities, taste 7-layer tea, and trek inside Lawachhara National Park to spot the rare Hulluck Gibbons. This tour is the perfect way to experience Bangladesh’s diverse beauty and gain a deeper understanding of its people and history.
Starting with visiting megacity Dhaka’s key sites and attractions, including a boat ride in river Buriganga during the sunset and a rickshaw ride in the narrow streets of Old Dhaka, you’ll board an overnight ferry to Barisal and visit the historical mosques in Bagerhat the next day, including the magnificent Sixty Dome Mosque and the 17th-century Hindu memorial Kodla Moth located outside the world heritage city.
After that, you’ll spend three days in the world-renowned Sundarbans, the largest mangrove forest on earth and home to the majestic Bengal tigers. You’ll stay on a comfortable houseboat and explore the creeks and canals of the forest with a noiseless rowing boat in search of wildlife, walk through the forest, and enjoy its beautiful beaches.
Next, explore the picturesque tea capital of Bangladesh, Srimangal, where you can visit the endless tea plantations, hike through the breathtaking Lawachara National Park in search of endangered Hoolock Gibbons, and interact with tribal communities by visiting some remote villages of different tribes.
The tour concludes with a visit to Sonargaon, the historic city once the Bengal Sultanate’s capital. You’ll visit the museum showcasing the area’s textile heritage, the wealthy Hindu cotton merchants abandoned city of Panam Nagar, and a sandbank island of Meghna to experience the simple life of the farmers.
“Highlights of Bangladesh” is the perfect tour for travelers who want to experience Bangladesh’s unique charm and beauty while gaining a deeper understanding of its people, culture, and history.
- Visit 2 UNESCO World Heritage Sites and marvel at their cultural significance.
- Immerse yourself in the breathtaking beauty of the legendary Sundarbans, Earth’s largest mangrove forest, teeming with diverse wildlife.
- Discover the rich history of Bagerhat, a UNESCO World Heritage City from the 15th century, where the magnificent Sixty Dome Mosque stands as a testament to its glorious past.
- Indulge in the serene ambiance of Srimangal’s endless tea plantations, where you can unwind amidst picturesque landscapes and savor the flavors of freshly brewed tea.
- Trek through Lawachhara National Park in Srimangal, a haven for the endangered Hoolock Gibbons, as you traverse its verdant trails and encounter other fascinating wildlife.
- Engage with diverse tribal communities in Srimangal, immersing yourself in their unique lifestyles and traditions, and gaining a deeper appreciation for their cultural heritage.
- Experience the vibrant pulse of megacity Dhaka, exploring its bustling streets, vibrant markets, and iconic landmarks.
- Enjoy a memorable boat ride on the Buriganga River at sunset, soaking in the city’s enchanting atmosphere.
- Discover the intriguing allure of an abandoned city once inhabited by Hindu cotton merchants, and delve into its captivating history from the early 19th century, unraveling the stories of its glorious past.
A map of 11 days Highlights of Bangladesh Tour with Nijhoom Tours to visit the highlighted sights and attractions you can’t miss on your first visit.
Itinerary of Highlights of Bangladesh
Contact us for the Detailed Itinerary
Price of Highlights of Bangladesh
- 4+ People Gruop: $1,720 US Per Person
- 2-3 People Group: Please contact us for the price
- Private Tour: Please contact us for the price
- Single Supplement: $180 US
Inclusions and Exclusions
- All airport transfers in Bangladesh.
- All internal flights.
- All accommodation in hotels and boat cabins as mentioned in the itinerary with complimentary breakfast on a twin sharing basis.
- $115 US per person forest permit fee for Sundarbans.
- All meals, drinking water, tea, and coffee while on the boat at Sundarbans for three days on day-4, 5, and 6.
- An air-conditioned car, driver, and an English-speaking guide.
- 1st class cabin on a traditional passenger ferry to Barisal/Hularhat on a twin-sharing basis.
- All boat rides.
- All entrance tickets.
- Before departure, take to the Covid-19 testing center in Dhaka to provide the sample and collect the report if necessary.
- All tips except our guide, driver, and boat crew in Sundarban.
Does not include:
- Any food or drinks other than those mentioned above.
- $25 US fee for video camera in Sundarban (if any).
- Any personal item.
Departures and Availability
|Departure Dates||Total Places||Available Places||Early-Bird Discounts|
|Sep 1-11, 2023|
★ Why Best Value & Experience
|12||8+||$150 pp Off-Season Discount|
|Jan 25-Feb 4, 2024||6||2+||-|