Tour Duration: 4-Day, 3-Night
Location: Dhaka, Barisal, and Bagerhat
Tour Attractions: Floating Markets, Bazaars, Villages, Mosques, Temple
Best time to go: July – March
Tour Available: Round the year
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Contact us
Experience the life and culture on the backwaters of Barisal, the southern division of Bangladesh which is awash with rivers and canals and is the heart of Ganges Delta, the largest delta in the world, where traveling by boat is the way of life. Also, visit the UNESCO World Heritage City in Bagerhat, and spend a day exploring the life and sights on mega city Dhaka, one of the most densely populated cities in the world.
On Backwater and Bagerhat tour, you’ll start with exploring the life and sights of Dhaka City for a whole day and board a traditional ferry in the evening. The next day, explore the rivers, canals, floating markets, bazaars, and villages in Barisal to experience the unique lifestyle in Ganges Delta. Explore the historical mosques and a beautiful temple in Bagerhat next day, and return to Dhaka on train or flight afterward. This tour is all about experiencing the traditional lifestyle in Bangladesh.
You can easily combine this tour with visiting India. Instead of returning to Dhaka we can transfer you to Benapole/Petrapole border to cross over to Kolkata which is very close from Khulna.
Highlights of Backwater & Bagerhat Tour
- Visit some backstreets and bazaars of New and Old Dhaka full of activities and highly photogenic.
- Visit the historical mosques in the UNESCO World Heritage City Bagerhat, including the Sixty Dome Mosque.
- Explore the rivers and narrow canals in Barisal and experience life in the heart of the Ganges Delta.
- Visit endless floating markets of different types.
- Go overland and visit different bazaars, brick factories, and schools.
- Enjoy a boat ride on river Buriganga during sunset.
- Visit the shipyards of Dhaka.
- Visit the magnificent Kodla Moth – a 17th-century Hindu memorial outside the World Heritage City.
- Walk in the villages, interact with the locals, and see authentic life in Bangladesh.
A map of the 4-day Backwater & Bagerhat Tour with Nijhoom Tours covering the life in the Ganges Delta and historic city Bagerhat.
Itinerary of Backwater & Bagerhat Tour
Price of Backwater & Bagerhat Tour
- 4 Pax Gruop: $440 US Per Person
- 2-3 Pax Group: Please contact us for the price
- Single Supplement: Free of Charge
Inclusions and Exclusions
- 3 Night accommodation on hotels and boat cabin as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All breakfasts.
- 2 lunch with locally purchased fruits, drinking water, tea/coffee while on country boat at Barisal.
- Air-Conditioned car for visiting Dhaka and Bagerhat.
- Tuk-Tuk and Rickshaw as transport in Barisal.
- All boat rides mentioned in the itinerary.
- English speaking guide.
- All tips other than our guide, driver, and boat man.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from outside the North Dhaka area as mentioned bellow.
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Watch video of brick factories in Barisal which you’ll visit on this tour