Location: Dhaka and Barisal
Tour Attractions: Backstreets, Bazaars, Canal Cruise, Floating Markets, Villages
Best time to go: July – March
Tour Availability: Year Round
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Check Bellow
Barisal, the southern region of Bangladesh, is awash with rivers and canals, part of the Ganges Delta. Hundreds of them flow through this region, resulting in a deliciously lush landscape with more shades of green than you ever imagined. Traveling by boat is the way of life here. In Barisal Backwaters Tour, we’ll take you to explore life in the heart of the Ganges Delta, which will be a unique experience.
Starting with visiting some backstreets and bazaars full of activities in New and Old Dhaka for a whole day, you’ll take an overnight ferry to Barisal and explore its numerous canals and rivers for the next two days on a small country boat. Here you’ll visit different floating markets of rice, rice paddy, guava, timber, and vegetables. Go overland and visit various bazaars, schools, brick kilns, and villages and interact with the locals, and return to Dhaka on the third day.
Barisal is a region where people have hardly ever seen a foreigner. We’ll take you to explore some remote areas in this region beyond the reach of the guidebooks, where you’ll receive a genuine welcome from the locals and experience their authentic life – an experience you can’t have in most parts of the world. This is a highly photogenic tour for anyone keen on photographing the life of people and their lifestyles.
Highlights of Barisal Backwaters Tour
- Visit some backstreets and bazaars of New and Old Dhaka full of activities and highly photogenic.
- Boat ride on the live and vibrant river Buriganga.
- Visit the shipyards of Dhaka.
- Explore the rivers and narrow canals in Barisal and experience life in the heart of the Ganges Delta.
- Visit endless floating markets of different types.
- Go overland and visit different bazaars, brick factories, and schools.
- Walk in the villages, interact with the locals, and see authentic life in Bangladesh.
Itinerary of Barisal Backwaters Tour
Price of Barisal Backwaters Tour
- 4 Pax Gruop: $475 US Per Person
- 2-3 Pax Group: Please contact us for the price
- Single Supplement: $25 US
Inclusions and Exclusions
- All accommodations as mentioned in the itinerary on a twin-sharing basis.
- Breakfast at a local restaurant in Dhaka.
- Dhaka-Barisal passenger ferry tickets.
- 2 Breakfasts and 2 lunches with locally purchased fruits, drinking water, tea, and coffee while on the country boat at Barisal.
- Air-conditioned car in Dhaka and Barisal.
- All boat rides mentioned in the itinerary.
- An English-speaking guide.
- All tips other than our guide, driver, and Barisal boatman.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from the South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, FARS Hotel, Asia Hotel & Resorts, Sky City Hotel, White House Hotel, Ambrosia Guest House, and the nearby area).
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Departures and Availability
|Departure Dates||Total Places||Available Places||Early-Bird Discount|
|Aug 23-25, 2022||5||2+||N/A|
Watch video of brick factories in Barisal which you’ll visit on this tour