Tour Duration: 3-Day, 2-Night
Location: Jaflong and Lalakhal in Sylhet
Tour Attractions: Tea gardens, Tribal Village, Boat ride on river and canal
Best time to go: June – September
Tour Available: Any day of the week / Year round
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Contact us
Jaflong is one of the most attractive tourist spots in the Sylhet division, located at the border between Bangladesh and the Indian state of Meghalaya, overshadowed by subtropical mountains and rain-forests, beside the river Piain. It is a scenic spot nearby amidst tea gardens and the rare beauty of rolling stones from hills. It is famous for its stone collection activities and is home to the Khasia tribe. Lalakhal is a blue water canal at Sylhet surrounded by mountains of Meghalaya, about 1-hour drive from Jaflong.
In this tour, we take you on a pleasant boat ride at Lalakhal and Piain river, visit tea gardens and Khasia tribal villages, and photograph the stone collection activities in Jaflong. You can see how Khasias grow betel leaves and nuts, which is their main profession, and taste some too if you are adventurous! Also can photograph how people collect stones from the river and take them to crushers manually, on which business sixty percent of the population in that area is somehow involved. A highly photogenic tour.
Itinerary of Jaflong & Lalakhal Tour
- Pick up from the hotel at 10.30 H and transfer to Airport. Take the 12.00 H Flight to Sylhet. Arrive Sylhet around 12.40 H, transfer you to the hotel.
- After check-in, freshen up, and lunch, we’ll give you a walking tour of Sylhet city. We’ll take you to visit the century-old Kin Bridge built on the colonial period which is one of the main entrance to the city, Surma river, and the shrine of Shah Jalal where you’ll see many interesting people.
- Overnight at Sylhet (Noorjahan Grand Hotel)
- Pick-up at 9.00 H from hotel, and a scenic drive toward Jaflong (58 km, 02 hrs). Here you’ll pass your time idly enjoying the beauty of Jaflong. You’ll get an opportunity to photograph the stone collection activities on the river where they collect stones manually and take into crushers, which is highly photogenic. We will take you to the river on a local boat to photograph the stone collecting activities.
- Lunch on a decent restaurant run by Nazimgarh Resort overlooking the river.
- Visit the village of Khashia tribe and see their lifestyle. You can visit their gardens and see how they grow betel leaves. Return to Sylhet in the evening.
- Overnight at Sylhet (Noorjahan Grand Hotel)
- Check-out from hotel and start at 8.00 H, drive to Sarighat (37 km, 01 hr). Upon arrival, transfer to the boat.
- Enjoy boat ride on the blue-water canal Lalakhal. We’ll take you to the end of the canal close to Indian border and back, which will be about 2.5 hrs ride in total. We’ll use a motorized local wooden boat for the journey. Transfer to airport.
- Depart for Dhaka on 14.00 H flight. Arrive Dhaka around 14.40 H, and transfer you to your hotel.
- End of the Tour.
Price of Jaflong & Lalakhal Tour
|Group Size||Comfort Package|
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Locally hired air-conditioned car and driver at Sylhet.
- 2 Night accommodation at Sylhet on twin sharing basis, with complementary breakfast.
- Dhaka-Sylhet economy class flight tickets.
- All boat rides.
- Airport return transfer in Dhaka.
- English Speaking guide.
- All site entrance tickets.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from outside the North Dhaka area as mentioned bellow.
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Notes on Jaflong & Lalakhal Tour
- Pick-up and drop-off for this tour will be available from North Dhaka area only (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area).
- Price for Comfort package depends on the availability of economy class flight tickets. An extra charge will be applicable if the return flight ticket costs more than 7,000 BDT per person (actual ticket price – 7,000 BDT per person).
- Best time to travel:
- April – November: You’ll see female tribal workers picking tea on the tea gardens at Jaflong and Lalakhal, which is very picturesque.
- December – February: Water color at Lalakhal will be blue. During other time, it will be muddy, specially in monsoon. Also you can see people collecting stones from the river on this time.
- June – September: Piain river and Lalakhal will be full of water. Best time of the year to visit.
Join Our Community!
Join our Facebook group to meet travelers who've visited Bangladesh and know about their Bangladesh experience, ask questions about traveling Bangladesh and get quick answers, and share anything about traveling Bangladesh. Join Let's go to Bangladesh now!