Tour Duration: 3-Day, 2-Night
Location: Old Dhaka, Bagerhat, and Khulna
Tour Attractions: Old Dhaka, Rocket Steamer, 60 Dome Mosque
Best time to go: October – March
Tour Available: Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday – Year Round
Next Scheduled Tour: 29 Sep-1 Oct, 2019 | 15-17 Apr, 22-24 Apr, 6-8 May, 27-29 May, 3-5 Jun, 17-19 Jun, 2020
Overnight journey from Dhaka to Hularhat on a first-class cabin of century-old Rocket Steamer, including full-day sightseeing at Old Dhaka, and visiting 60 Dome Mosque and Kodla Moth at Bagerhat. Greatest opportunity to discover the riverine beauty of Bangladesh in this Rocket Steamer Tour, recommended by popular travel guides including Bradt and LonelyPlanet.
On this tour, we take you to visit Old Dhaka the whole day and embark paddle steamer called Rocket in the evening. After a relaxing overnight journey, we take you to visit the 15th-century Muslim city Bagerhat the next day. You Return to Dhaka in the 3rd day by train/flight. This tour is all about relaxing and enjoying the natural beauty and archaeological sites in Bangladesh.
You can easily combine this tour with visiting India. Instead of returning to Dhaka we can transfer you to Benapole/Petrapole border to cross over to Kolkata which is very close from Khulna. The cost for returning to Dhaka will be deducted on that case. If you have a plan to visit Sundarbans, you can book our Rocket and Sundarbans Tour or Sundarbans Excursion with Rocket instead.
- Overnight journey on century old paddle wheel steamer called Rocket.
- Explore new and Old Dhaka the whole day.
- Rickshaw ride on narrow streets of Dhaka.
- Boat ride on live and vibrant river Buriganga.
- Explore UNESCO world heritage city Bagerhat for whole day.
- Ride a Bangladeshi train – a unique experience.
Itinerary of Rocket Steamer Tour
- A guide of us will meet you at your hotel lobby at 09.00 H to pick you up, and will head toward Old Dhaka. You’ll visit key tourist attractions in New and Old Dhaka the whole day, including Dhakeshwari Temple, Lalbagh Fort, Khan Mohammad Mridha Mosque, Armenian Church, Star Mosque, Ahsan Manzil, and Sadarghat River Station.
- Stop for lunch at a descent local restaurant in Old Dhaka, and continue site-seeing.
- Enjoy a short boat ride at river Buriganga in the evening on a wooden boat to feel the rithom of the live and vibrant river and enjoy sunset.
- Embark Rocket Steamer at Sadarghat River Station at 18.00 H. A memorable overnight journey in Rocket Steamer to Hularhat.
- Overnight at Rocket (1st class sleeping cabin)
- Enjoy the riverine beauty of Bangladesh from Rocket Steamer in the morning. Disembark from Rocket at Hularhat around 09.00 H.
- Drive towards Bagerhat (01 hr) in an air-conditioned car and visit the Mosque City of Bagerhat, a 15th century Muslim city once called Khalifatabad, which is the present day Bagerhat and is an UNESCO protected world heritage site.
- You’ll visit most of the remaining mosques from the 15th-century city Khalifabad the whole day, including the 60 Dome Mosque, 09 Dome Mosque, Rono Bijoypur Mosque, and Singair Mosque. Also, we’ll take you to visit the shrine of Khan Jahan Ali, the saint general from Turkey who came to spread Islam in this country and founded this great city, and Kodla Moth – a very beautiful Hindu temple from the 17th century. Drive toward Khulna (01 hr).
- Overnight at Khulna.
- Classic Package:
After breakfast, transfer to Khulna Railway Station. Depart for Dhaka on 08.40 H Chitra Express. Arrive Dhaka around 18.00 H.
Drive toward Jessore at 09.00 H (2 hrs). Fly to Dhaka on 12.05 H flight (01 hr).
- Transfer to hotel from train station / airport at Dhaka.
- End of the tour.
Price of Rocket Steamer Tour
|Group Size||Classic Package||Comfort Package|
|Facilities||Classic Package||Comfort Package|
|Dhaka - Hularhat Transfer||1st Class cabin on Rocket.||Same as Classic Package|
|Hotel at Khulna||City Inn Hotel||Same as Classic Package|
|Khulna - Dhaka Transfer||1st Class Chair on Train (Air-Conditioned, 10 hrs)||Khulna - Jessore by air-conditioned car (02 hrs), 12.05 H Flight from Jessore (01 hr)|
Inclusions and Exclusions
- All site entrance tickets.
- Rickshaw and boat ride in Dhaka.
- 1st class cabin ticket of Rocket on twin sharing basis.
- Breakfast on Rocket.
- Air-conditioned car for sight seeing at Bagerhat and transfer to hotel at Khulna.
- One night accommodation in Khulna on twin sharing basis with complementary breakfast.
- 1st class train ticket from Khulna to Dhaka (Classic Package).
- Khulna – Jessore Airport transfer on air-conditioned car, and Jessore – Dhaka economy class flight ticket (Comfort Package).
- Airport / Train Station to Hotel transfer in Dhaka by air-conditioned car (For Dhaka North area only – Gulshan, Banani, Baridhara, Nikunja, and Uttara).
- All tips except our guide and driver.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from outside the North Dhaka area as mentioned bellow.
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Important Notes on Rocket Steamer Tour
- Pick-up and drop of for this tour will be available from North Dhaka area only (Gulshan, Banani, Baridhara, Nikunja, and Uttara area).
- This tour is not available to start on Friday and Saturday, because Friday is the weekly holiday for Rocket departing from Dhaka, and Monday is a holiday for the train from Khulna.
- In Monday and Thursday, a traditional ferry comes in service instead of the paddle boat. If you book for these days, you have to travel on the traditional ferry instead of a paddle steamer.
- 1st class tickets of Rocket and train depends on availability. You might have to travel in the 2nd class if the 1st class is not available. The only difference between the 1st and 2nd class on the Rocket is, 2nd class is located on the back side and has no air-conditioning. Other facilities are the same. Passengers of the 2nd class can use all the facilities of 1st class, e.g. dining area, sitting area on the front side.
- Best Rockets leaves on Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. You should plan this tour covering these days to have a better experience of Rocket. Considering the whole itinerary, Tuesday and Wednesday will be the best day to start this tour.
- If for some unexpected reason Rocket ticket is not available at all, we’ll take you up to Barisal by a traditional ferry (overnight part), and from Barisal to Hularhat on the Rocket (daytime journey part) or by car.
- In case of traveling on the 2nd class of train, you’ll have a reserved seat.
- Booking this tour at least 03 weeks in advance is advised.
Reviews of Rocket Steamer Tour
Also available on
Rocket Steamer Tour is included in most of our holiday packages. You can book one of these packages too to enjoy this tour:
- Rocket & Sundarbans Tour (6-Day)
- Sundarbans Safari Tour (8-Day)
- World Heritage Tour (10-Day)
- Highlights of Bangladesh (11-Day)
- Glories of Bangladesh (14-Day)
- Best of Bangladesh (18-Day)
- Exploring Bangladesh (24-Day)
- Discover Bangladesh (28-Day)