Tour Duration: 03 Days, 02 Nights
Location: Sundarbans Mangrove Forest
Tour Attractions: Wildlife tour in Sundarbans – largest mangrove swamp in the world
Tour Type: Nature and wild-life
Next Scheduled Tour: 22-24 Oct, 26-28 Nov, 2014
Visit the largest mangrove swamp in the world – Sundarbans, one of the wildest and least known environments in all of the southern Asia. Sundarbans Tour will take you deep into the forest to explore wildlife. You get a chance to see Royal Bengal Tigers, spotted deers, claw-less otters, salt-water crocodiles, many species of birds, and many other wildlife.
Our Sundarbans tour starts from Mongla early in the morning, and leave you in the evening at Mongla on the 3rd day after visiting wildlife and jungle at Sundarbans through it’s creeks and canals in Kotka and Kochikhali Wildlife Sanctuary. You’ll stay in our specially designed boat during the whole Sundarbans Tour and explore canals with a wooden country boat.
Tours we organize in Sundarbans are only private tours with 01-08 people. Why you should go on a private tour with us? Because you only get chance to spot wildlife when you go on a private tour with very small group. This will increase your chance to spot wildlife many times. People often go to the forest in cheaper packages with big groups ending on seeing very few or no wildlife at all. So we organize only small group tours to give you the best experience of Sundarbans for your time and money.
Itinerary of Sundarbans Tour
- In the morning, embark our boat at 6.00 am in Mongla and start cruising immediately toward the Sundarbans forest.
- Stop in the forest station to take permission and forest guards, and continue cruising toward Kotka.
- Arrive Kotka in the afternoon. Upon arrival, hiking in the forest to see wildlife and birds.
- Back to the boat in the evening, and overnight stay on the boat in Kotka.
- Early in the morning, explore creeks and canals by country boats to see wild-life and birds in Kotka forest.
- After breakfast hiking deep inside the forest toward Kotka beach. Spend some time in the beach and return to the boat.
- Start cruising toward Kochikhali Wild-life Sanctuary. Upon arrival, hiking in the forest rest of the day.
- Overnight stay on the boat near Kochikhali forest station.
- Early in the morning explore creeks and canals by country boats to see wild-life and birds in Kochikhali.
- After breakfast start our return journey toward Mongla.
- Reach Khulna Mongla in the evening. End of the tour.
Price of Sundarbans Tour
- 05-08 Pax Gruop: 23,000 BDT / $300 USD Per Person
- Smaller than 05 Pax Group: Please contact us
Remarks on Sundarbans Tour
- Our Sundarbans Tour starts and ends at Mongla.
- Tour includes:
- 5,500 BDT Forest entrance fee.
- All meals, drinking water, tea/coffee during your stay on the boat.
- 2 Nights accommodation in the cabins of the boat on twin sharing basis.
- Tour does not include any bus/train ticket, fee for video cameras, drinks other than mineral water, or any item of personal nature.
- We can organize bus/train/air ticket and private transport to reach and back from Mongla, and accommodation at state run Parjatan Hotel Posur in Mongla (best place in the town to stay) for additional payment.
- Sundarbans tour is advised to book at least 3 weeks before the departure date.