Location: Puthia, Bagha, Rajshahi, Sonamasjid, Kusumba, Paharpur, Bogra
Tour Attractions: Best archaeological sights of Rajshahi
Best Time To Go: October – March
Tour Availability: Year Round / Any Day Start Except Sunday
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Check Bellow
Explore the best archaeological sights of Rajshahi. Start your journey in the serene temple village of Puthia and the historic Bagha Mosque. The highlight of your exploration will be Gauda, the former capital of Bengal, renowned for its impressive architectural wonders. Continue to the medieval Kusumba Mosque and the 8th-century Somapura Mahavihara at Paharpur. Experience the unique culture of a Santhal tribal village and explore the largest wholesale bazaar in northwestern Bangladesh. Your adventure culminates at Mahasthangarh, an ancient site of immense significance, providing a deep dive into the rich history and vibrant life of northwest Bangladesh.
Your adventure begins in the serene temple village of Puthia. Wander around the stunning terracotta temples of the Rajbari complex, adorned with intricate carvings. From Puthia, you will proceed to the historic Bagha Mosque, an iconic edifice that stands as a testament to the pre-Mughal architectural style. This beautiful mosque is distinguished by its remarkable brickwork, terracotta ornamentation, and an atmosphere of tranquility.
Next, you will journey to Gauda, the former capital of ancient and medieval Bengal. Split between present-day India and Bangladesh, this once-thriving city’s past grandeur and historical importance remain evident in its remaining architectural gems on the Bangladesh side of the border. While in Gauda, you’ll also see the busy activities of the current-day land port in the middle of the ancient city.
Your exploration of northwestern Bangladesh continues with a visit to the Kusumba Mosque, a medieval masterpiece crafted from black basalt stone. This stunning mosque offers a silent testament to the region’s bygone era. Not far from here is the 8th-century Somapura Mahavihara at Paharpur, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Known as one of the most important Buddhist archaeological sites globally, this place once flourished as a renowned center of learning.
The tour then takes you to a Santhal tribal village, where you’ll get a unique opportunity to engage with the local community. Witness their traditional lifestyle, and learn about their unique customs. The experience promises a rich cultural immersion that provides a deeper understanding of Bangladesh’s diverse ethnic groups.
The final stop of your adventure is at Mahasthangarh, the oldest archaeological site in Bangladesh, which dates back to the 3rd century BC. You can discover the ancient city’s ruins, visit the Mahasthangarh Museum, and admire the Gokul Medh Temple. This enlightening exploration of Mahasthangarh is a perfect conclusion to your tour, providing you with a wealth of knowledge about the rich history, lively culture, and impressive architecture of northwestern Bangladesh.
- Explore Gauda, the lost wealthy capital of medieval Bengal.
- Discover Mahasthangarh, Bangladesh’s oldest known city from the 3rd century BC.
- Visit a UNESCO-listed Buddhist monastery, the second-largest south of the Himalayas, from the 8th century.
- Admire the terracotta and stone carvings of two Islamic medieval mosques.
- Discover Puthia’s colonial-era Hindu temples adorned with stunning terracotta and the palace.
- Experience the unique culture of the Santhal tribe in a village visit.
- Witness the lively activities on a land border between India and Bangladesh.
- Photograph the vibrant scenes at northwestern Bangladesh’s largest bazaar.
A map of the 4-day Exploring Rajshahi Tour with Nijhoom Tours to experience the very best of northwestern Bangladesh.
Itinerary of Exploring Rajshahi
Price of Exploring Rajshahi
- 4+ People Gruop: $610 US Per Person
- 2-3 People Group: Please contact us for the price
- Private Tour: Please contact us for the price
- Single Supplement: $75 US
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Pick-up and drop-off from the North Dhaka area (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area only).
- All accommodations as mentioned in the itinerary with complimentary breakfast on a twin-sharing basis.
- An air-conditioned car, and driver.
- An English-speaking guide.
- All entrance tickets.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from the South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, FARS Hotel, Asia Hotel & Resort, Ambrosia Guest House, White House Hotel, Hotel Sky City, Suktara Hotel, and the nearby area).
- Any food or drinks other than those mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Departures and Availability
Also Included In
Exploring Rajshahi Tour is included in our longer holiday packages. You can book one of these packages too to enjoy this tour: