Location: Natore, Puthia, Bagha, Rajshahi, Gaur, Kusumba, Paharpur, Bogra, Rangpur, Dinajpur
Tour Attractions: Archaeology & Life of Northwestern Bangladesh
Best Time To Go: October – March
Tour Availability: Year Round / Any Day Start
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Check Bellow
Embark on a journey to uncover the rich archaeological treasures of the entire northwest region on our Discover Rajshahi Tour. Visit an 8th-century Buddhist monastery, a designated UNESCO World Heritage site. Marvel at the grandeur of medieval mosques, their architectural beauty speaking volumes about the region’s Islamic history. Walk through the region’s finest temples and palaces, each a symbol of artistic prowess and a window into a time gone by. Experience the authentic and vibrant life of a Santhal tribal village, offering a unique insight into their centuries-old traditions. This tour is your gateway to explore northwestern Bangladesh’s rich cultures and captivating heritage.
Starting with visiting the palace of Natore, you’ll move to the little village of Puthia, full of beautiful Hindu temples and a grand palace. The largest number of historical temples in Bangladesh are located here. Next, you’ll visit a border island on the River Padma (Ganges) and experience how people live under the guns of the border forces of two neighboring countries.
Afterward, visit the oldest museum in Bangladesh, showcasing the best archeological artifacts in the country. And see the grand mosque of Bagha – the finest surviving terracotta mosque from medieval Bengal. Spend a whole day afterward exploring the remaining of Gaur, the rich medieval capital of the entire Bengal, now split between India and Bangladesh. You’ll visit the most significant structures from Sultanate and Mughal periods in Bangladesh side. Also, witness the activities of people and trucks crossing the border, which nowadays is an important land border.
Continue your journey on the Discover Rajshahi Tour by visiting the pre-Mughal Kusumba Mosque wrapped in astonishing stone carvings, followed by visiting a village of the Santhal tribe and experiencing their culture, which is different than the mainstream Bengali people. And visiting Sompur Mahavihara, the second-largest Buddhist monastery south of the Himalayas from the 8th century. Afterward, explore the remains of Mahasthangarh, the oldest known city in Bangladesh from at least the 3rd century B.C.
Moving toward the far north of Bangladesh, you’ll visit Tajhat Palace, one of the most beautiful palaces from the British colonial period, and a nearby charming Hindu temple. And visit Kantajew Temple, Bangladesh’s most beautiful Hindu temple, wrapped in stunning terracotta, describing epic Hindu stories and life in the 18th century. Also, visit Nayabad Mosque, a typical Mughal mosque near the temple, and a school run by a non-profit organization that received the prestigious Agha Khan Award For Architecture for the sustainable architecture of one of their mud-buildings before flying back to Dhaka.
The Discover Rajshahi Tour is not just a journey but an adventure for history and archaeology enthusiasts. It’s a deep dive into Bangladesh’s cultural heritage and history, promising an enriching experience filled with knowledge and memorable impressions. If history and archaeology pique your interest, our Discover Rajshahi Tour is your ideal choice to explore the best of Bangladesh’s archaeological sights and life in northwestern Bangladesh.
Highlights of Discover Rajshahi Tour
- Discover Mahasthangarh, Bangladesh’s oldest known city from the 3rd century BC.
- Visit a UNESCO-listed Buddhist monastery, the second-largest south of the Himalayas, from the 8th century.
- Explore Gauda, the lost wealthy capital of medieval Bengal.
- See the most beautiful terracotta Hindu temple in Bangladesh, every inch of which is wrapped in stunning terracotta describing epic Hindu stories.
- Admire the terracotta and stone carvings of the medieval mosques from the 14th & 15th centuries.
- Explore some of the finest palaces in Bangladesh from the British colonial period.
- Discover the country’s best archaeological museums showcasing the best archaeological artifacts.
- Experience life on a border island of the River Ganges, split between India and Bangladesh.
- Experience the unique culture of the Santhal tribe in a village visit.
- Visit a school winning the Agha Khan Award for Architecture.
- Witness the lively activities on a land border between India and Bangladesh.
- Photograph the vibrant scenes at northwestern Bangladesh’s largest bazaar.
A map of the 6-day Discover Rajshahi Tour with Nijhoom Tours to experience northwestern Bangladesh.
Itinerary of Discover Rajshahi Tour
Price of Discover Rajshahi Tour
- 4+ People Gruop: $1,020 US Per Person
- 2-3 People Group: Please contact us for the price
- Private Tour: Please contact us for the price
- Single Supplement: $110 US
Inclusions and Exclusions
Discover Rajshahi Tour Includes:
- Pick-up and drop-off from the North Dhaka area (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area only).
- All accommodations as mentioned in the itinerary with complimentary breakfast on a twin-sharing basis.
- All internal flights.
- An air-conditioned car, and driver.
- An English-speaking guide.
- All entrance tickets.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from the South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, FARS Hotel, Asia Hotel & Resort, Ambrosia Guest House, White House Hotel, Hotel Sky City, Suktara Hotel, and the nearby area).
- Any food or drinks other than those mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Departures and Availability
Also Included In
Discover Rajshahi Tour is included in our longer holiday packages. You can book one of these packages too to enjoy this tour: