Location: Sonargaon, the old capital of Bengal
Tour Attractions: Panam Nagar, Folk-arts Museum, River Island, School
Best time to go: October-March
Tour Available: Year Round Except Sunday & Thursday
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Check Bellow
Sonargaon & Panam City Tour to visit the old capital Sonargaon which flourished as the region’s major inland port and commerce center during the pre-Muslim period. See the remaining of Bangladesh’s old capital, the Folk Arts & Crafts Museum, the abandoned city Panam Nagar, a school for the children of a lower caste Hindu community, and life at a sandbank island on the mighty river Meghna in this day tour.
In the museum, many folklore items are displayed, where you’ll discover this country’s heritage. It is surrounded by gardens and pools, making it a very calm place. In Panam Nagar, you’ll wander in an abandoned city of the Hindu cotton merchants from the early 19th century, while visiting Goaldi Mosque will take you back to the Sultanate period in Bengal. At the river island, you’ll see the simple life of farmers in this country. Sonargaon & Panam City Tour is a must-doing tour if you are visiting Bangladesh.
Highlights of Sonargaon & Panam City Tour
- Visit an entirely abandoned city of the Hindu cotton merchants from the early 19th century.
- Visit the tomb of an independent Sultan of Bengal in the 14th century, whose capital was Sonargaon.
- Visit a pre-Mughal mosque from the 16th century.
- Visit the newly renovated Boro Sardar Bari, a massive mansion from the same Panam Nagar period.
- Visit the Folk-arts and Crafts Museum and know the country’s heritage.
- Visit a school for children of a lower caste Hindu community.
- Ride a boat on the mighty river Meghna.
- Experience village life on a sandbank island of river Meghna.
A map of full-day Sonargaon & Panam City Tour to Bangladesh Old Capital with Nijhoom Tours
Itinerary of Sonargaon & Panam City Tour
Contact us for the Detailed Itinerary
Price of Sonargaon & Panam City Tour
- 1 Person Gruop: $130 US Per Person
- 2 People Group: $95 US Per Person
- 3 People Group: $85 US Per Person
- 4 People Group: $70 US Per Person
- Private Tour: Please contact us for the price
Inclusions and Exclusions
- An air-conditioned car and driver.
- An English-speaking guide.
- All entrance tickets.
- Lunch at a local restaurant with authentic Bangladeshi food.
- Drinking water.
- All rickshaw and boat rides.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
Does not include:
- Any food or drinks other than those mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Departures and Availability
|Departure Dates||Total Places||Available Places||Early-Bird Discount|
|Mon, Mar 13, 2023||12||8+||Ended|
Crossing river Meghna with proper safety on the Sonargaon & Panam City Tour with Nijhoom Tours.
FAQs on Sonargaon & Panam City Tour
Why book Sonargaon & Panam City Tour with Nijhoom Tours?
Because you’ll have a great experience on our Sonargaon & Panam City Tour, as we are a multi-award-winning local tour operator in Bangladesh with vast local knowledge and the highest quality. We have the highest number of reviews in Bangladesh on TripAdvisor (350+ reviews) from our clients with an average rating of 5 on 5. We’ve been featured in International Travel News Magazine multiple times, published in California, USA. By directly booking with us instead of the OTA platforms that sell other companies’ tours and charge them a hefty commission, you are also supporting a local small business instead of the big foreign corporations.
How is your Sonargaon & Panam City Tour different than the others?
Customer safety and comfort are the priority of our tours. We'll always use life vests during boat rides for the safety of our customers. We'll put at most 5 pax on the boats at Meghna and never overload them to save a few bucks. We'll provide a safe driver and a comfortable, decent, clean car with air-conditioning to navigate the hectic Dhaka traffic for long hours. We'll not squeeze you into the middle seats of the vehicles to save money. Everyone will get a comfortable window seat. We'll be cautious about food safety on the tour so that you don't become sick from food poisoning, which is common in Bangladesh. We'll take you to restaurants that maintain good hygiene. We'll not be late to pick you up and give excuses for the traffic. Nor will we annoy you by taking a few dozen selfies with you on the tour and posting them directly on social media. We'll provide a knowledgeable guide with a good manner on our Sonargaon & Panam City Tour, who will be able to tell you in detail about all the sites on the tour. Communication with us will be a breeze. Paying us will be hassle-free. With us, it will be a pleasant and memorable experience for you.
Tour Availability & Site Opening Hours
- Sonargaon & Panam City Tour is available to book any day of the week except Sunday & Thursday, year-round.
- Panam Nagar will be closed on Sunday and will open after 02.00 pm on Monday. That is why we do not offer this tour on Sunday, as Panan Nagar is one of Sonargaon & Panam City Tour’s highlights.
- Sonargaon Folk-arts and Crafts Foundation, which contains the Boro Sardar Bari and the Folk-arts and Crafts Museum, will be closed on Thursday.
- There will be a heavy rush of local tourists at Panam Nagar and Sonargaon Folk-arts and Crafts Foundation on Friday, being the weekend.
- Panam Nagar will remain closed on any government holiday.
Tour Price & Payment
- The price of the tour mentioned in the price chart above is the starting price for the group tour, assuming you want to join with other people on the tour. This price will go down according to the price chart when more people join the tour later.
- We will try to include other people on the tour once you book a group tour and refund you in cash BDT accordingly during the tour if we find anyone. We take a maximum of 6 people on our tours.
- The price for an exclusive private tour will be different than what is provided on the chart above. We’ll not include anyone else on the tour in case of booking a private tour. Contact us for the price if you do not want to join with anyone else on the tour.
- We’ll require full payment in advance to book this tour. You can pay us online on a secured website with any Visa or MasterCard. Details of our online payment system could be found here: How to pay us.
Food and Drinks
- Although you’ll find many attractive street foods during the tour, they, in general, are prepared in difficult hygiene conditions. That is why we do not recommend tasting any street food during the tour. Do it at your own risk if you want to try some. However, the guide will be able to suggest any safe street food on a case-by-case basis.
- The specialty of Bengali food is they are spicy, which is the main difference from Indian food. Khichuri (made of rice, lentil, and meat) and Biryani (rice and meat cooked specially with added spice) are two of the most famous foods – especially Biryani.
- Options for vegetarian and vegan food on the tour are limited. Rice, lentils, and some fried vegetables are the options for vegans. Fish and egg curry can be added for vegetarians. Consider bringing some personal food with you if you are a vegan.
- The itinerary of the tour is just an outline and not fixed. We will adjust it during the tour based on the traffic.
- Dhaka is officially ranked as the second least livable city in the world. There could be incredible traffic in Dhaka sometimes when everything stops at every intersection. You could be stopped in the same place for a long time without even moving. Be patient while traveling in the car.
- Be prepared to walk a lot on the tour, and wear shoes accordingly.
- Ladies-friendly public toilets are difficult to find in Bangladesh. You’ll be able to find a suitable toilet only in the restaurant and in a couple of other places. Any time you need to use a toilet, tell your guide in advance. He will arrange a nearby place for you.
- Villagers on the river island we’ll be visiting are conservative. You should dress modestly on this tour. Wearing short pants/skirts, and sleeveless t-shirts/blouses will not be appropriate for the ladies. Bare shoulders and midriffs should be covered with shawls.