Location: New & Old Dhaka
Tour Attractions: Street Photography in mega city Dhaka
Best time to go: October-March
Tour Available: Year Round Except Friday and Holidays
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Check Bellow
Dhaka Photography Tour we’ll take you to some of the most interesting backstreets and bazaars of New and Old Dhaka for a whole day searching for some interesting subjects to shoot. You’ll be amazed to see how friendly people are here. They’d love their photos to be taken by you and will never ask for money, unlike other countries.
Dhaka is a megacity of more than 16 million people – one of the most densely populated cities in the world and full of activities. It has many interesting backstreets and bazaars, especially in Old Dhaka, which are a paradise for photographers who like street and portrait photography.
If you are passionate about street or portrait photography, this tour will be perfect for you! You can take this tour over and over again in search of some fantastic photos to enrich your portfolio. Book this tour if you have just one day. For two days, book the Dhaka (East) Photography Tour & Dhaka (West) Photography Tour instead, which includes the same places with other sites.
- Visit some of the most interesting backstreets and bazaars of New and Old Dhaka, full of activities.
- Visit some of the busiest ports of river Buriganga and photograph the activities.
- Visit an interesting railway station in the center of Dhaka City.
- Visit the photogenic shipyards of Dhaka.
- Ride a rowing boat on the river Buriganga.
- Taste some authentic Bangladeshi food in a local restaurant.
Itinerary of Dhaka Photography Tour
- 07.00 – 07.00 AM: Pick-up from the hotel and drive to Kawran Bazar.
- 07.30 – 08.10 AM: Photography at Kawran Bazar – the largest wholesale vegetable market of Dhaka city. Trade starts in this market around midnight, which generally gets finished around 8.30 AM. That is the reason for an early start on this tour.
- 08.10 – 08.40 AM: Walk to Tejgaon Railway Station, a small train station in the center of Dhaka city, which very few people know. You’ll occasionally find some interesting people here with a character.
- 08.50 – 09.30 AM: Breakfast at a local restaurant with authentic Bangladeshi food.
- 10.10 – 10.30 AM: Photography at Showarighat – a busy port on river Buriganga, used for transportation of the goods sold at the nearby Chawk Bazar and Moulavi Bazar, and people living on the other side of the river who come to work on these Bazaars.
- 10.30 – 11.10 AM: Photography at Chawk Bazar – the wholesale market of Dhaka city for cheap cosmetics, toys, shoes, and many other things. This is the largest wholesale market for street vendors who come here from every corner of the country to purchase their products. Also, visit Mowlovi Bazar – the largest wholesale market in Dhaka city for groceries and spices.
- 11.30 – 12.10 PM: Photography at Islampur Road – the largest wholesale clothing market of Dhaka city, and Shakhari Bazar – a heritage street that is famous for the culture and heritage of the Hindu community of Dhaka city, also known as the Hindu Street.
- 12.25 – 01.10 PM: Lunch at a local restaurant with authentic Bangladeshi food.
- 01.10 – 01.30 PM: Walk to a port of the river Buriganga through a narrow street and photograph the activities on the way.
- 01.40 – 02.20 PM: Take a ride on a wooden rowing boat to cross the river Buriganga, and visit the Shipyards on the other side of the river. These are ship repairing and building yards, which generally repair and paint the passenger and cargo ferries. Check out our Chittagong Ship Breaking Yards Tour for a day tour to the infamous ship-breaking yards in Chittagong (250 km away from Dhaka), which people get confused with these repairing yards.
- 02.20 – 02.30 PM: Back to the other side of the river, and start our return journey toward the hotel.
- 04.00 – 04.30 PM: Drop-off at the hotel. End of Dhaka photography tour.
A map of the full-day Dhaka Photography Tour with Nijhoom Tours to capture the activities of Dhaka City
Price of Dhaka Photography Tour
- 1 Person Gruop: $110 US Per Person
- 2 People Group: $85 US Per Person
- 3 People Group: $75 US Per Person
- 4 People Group: $60 US Per Person
- Private Tour: Please contact us for the price
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Pick-up from North Dhaka area (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area), Hotel InterContinental, Hotel Pan Pacific, Best Western Plus Le Vinci Hotel, and Suktara Hotel.
- An air-conditioned car and driver.
- An English-speaking guide.
- All entrance tickets.
- Lunch at a local restaurant with authentic Bangladeshi food.
- Drinking water.
- All rickshaw and boat rides.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
Does not include:
- Pick-up from the South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, FARS Hotel, Asia Hotel & Resort, Ambrosia Guest House, White House Hotel, Hotel Sky City, and the nearby area). If you stay at any of the hotels mentioned above or in the nearby area, you can meet the guide in front of the Best Western Plus Le Vinci Hotel at Kawran Bazar. We’ll drop you off at your hotel at the end of the tour, all right.
- Any food or drinks other than those mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Departures and Availability
Watch a video of Kawran Bazar, the largest wholesale vegetable market of Dhaka, which you’ll visit on this tour
Important notes on Dhaka Photography Tour
- This tour is NOT available to book on Friday and govt. holidays, because all the bazaars will be closed during these days, so no activity to photograph.
- The itinerary of the Dhaka Photography Tour is just an outline and not fixed. We will adjust it during the tour based on the traffic.
- If booking a private tour, pick-up and drop-off will be available from any part of Dhaka city.
- Dhaka Photography Tour is a complete walking tour. We will transport you to and from the start and end location and one long-distance in the middle with an air-conditioned car. The rest of the sites will be covered on foot. Be prepared to walk a lot and wear shoes accordingly.
- There will be no photography lessons from pro photographers on any of our photography tours. We’ll provide a general English-speaking guide on the tour, who will simply take you to all the places listed in the itinerary, which are very photogenic if you have enough interest.
Boat ride at Buriganga with proper safety on the Dhaka Photography Tour with Nijhoom Tours.
FAQs on Dhaka Photography Tour
Why book Dhaka Photography Tour with Nijhoom Tours?
Because you’ll have a great experience on our Dhaka Photography Tour, as we are a multi-award-winning local tour operator in Bangladesh with vast local knowledge and the highest quality. We have the highest number of reviews in Bangladesh on TripAdvisor (350+ reviews) from our clients with an average rating of 5 on 5. We’ve been featured in International Travel News Magazine multiple times, published in California, USA. By directly booking with us instead of the OTA platforms that sell other companies’ tours and charge them a hefty commission, you are also supporting a local small business instead of the big foreign corporations.
How is your Dhaka Photography Tour different than the others?
Customer safety and comfort are the priority of our tours. We'll always use life vests during boat rides for the safety of our customers. We'll put at most 3 pax on the boats at Buriganga and never overload them to save a few bucks. We'll provide a safe driver and a comfortable, decent, clean car with air-conditioning to navigate the hectic Dhaka traffic for long hours. We'll not squeeze you into the middle seats of the vehicles to save money. Everyone will get a comfortable window seat. We'll be cautious about food safety on the tour so that you don't become sick from food poisoning, which is common in Bangladesh. We'll take you to restaurants that maintain good hygiene. We'll not be late to pick you up and give excuses for the traffic. Nor will we annoy you by taking a few dozen selfies with you on the tour and posting them directly on social media. We'll provide a knowledgeable guide with a good manner on our Dhaka Photography Tour, who will be able to tell you in detail about all the sites on the tour. Communication with us will be a breeze. Paying us will be hassle-free. With us, it will be a pleasant and memorable experience for you.