Location: New & Old Dhaka
Tour Attractions: Street Photography in mega city Dhaka
Best time to go: October-March
Tour Available: Year Round Except Friday and Holidays
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Check Bellow
Dhaka is a megacity of more than 16 million people – one of the most densely populated cities in the world and full of activities. It has many interesting streets and bazaars, especially in Old Dhaka, which are paradise for photographers who like street and portrait photography.
In the Dhaka (East) Photography Tour, we’ll take you to some of the most interesting back-streets and bazaars of New and Old Dhaka for a whole day in search of some interesting subjects to shoot. You’ll be amazed to see how friendly are people here. They’d love their photos to be taken by you, and will never ask for money, unlike other countries.
If you are passionate about street or portrait photography, this tour will be perfect for you! You can take this tour over and over again in search of some fantastic photos to enrich your portfolio. If you have two days for photography in Dhaka, this is the first tour you should book. If you have just one day, book the Dhaka Photography Tour instead.
- Photograph the activities of megacity Dhaka.
- Visit some of the most interesting back-streets and bazaars of New & Old Dhaka.
- Boat ride on Dhaka’s live and vibrant Buriganga river.
- Visit the shipyards of Dhaka.
- Taste some authentic local food in a local restaurant.
Itinerary of Dhaka (East) Photography Tour
- 07.00 – 07.00 AM: Pick-up from the hotel and drive to Kawran Bazar.
- 07.30 – 08.20 AM: Photography at Kawran Bazar – the largest wholesale market of Dhaka city. Trade happens in this market overnight, which generally gets finished around 8.30 AM. That is the reason for an early start for this tour.
- 08.30 – 09.00 AM: Breakfast at a local restaurant with authentic local food.
- 09.10 – 09.50 AM: Walk through the railway tracks to Tejgaon Railway Station, a small train station in Dhaka city full of people with character. Also, visit the largest wholesale market of chicken and ducks in Dhaka city.
- 10.50 – 11.20 AM: Photography at Kaptan Bazar – one of the oldest bazaars of Dhaka City and the only legal slaughterhouse for the animal in the city.
- 11.20 – 12.20 PM: Photography at Nawabpur Road – the largest electronics market of Dhaka city, and Dholaikhal – the largest spare-parts market of Dhaka city.
- 12.35 – 01.20 PM: Lunch at a local restaurant with authentic local food.
- 01.20 – 01.40 PM: Walk to Sadarghat river station through a narrow street and photograph the activities on the way.
- 01.50 – 02.50 PM: Take a ride on a wooden rowboat and visit the shipyards on the other side of the river Buriganga. These are ship repairing yards, who generally repair and paint the passenger ferries of Sadarghat River Station. Check out our Ship Breaking Yards Tour for a day tour to the infamous ship-breaking yards in Chittagong (250 km away from Dhaka), which people get confused with these repairing yards.
- 04.20 – 04.40 PM: Drop-off at the hotel. End of Dhaka (East) photography tour.
A map of the full-day Dhaka (East) Photography Tour with Nijhoom Tours to capture the activities of Dhaka City
Price of Dhaka (East) Photography Tour
- 1 Person Gruop: $110 US Per Person
- 2 People Group: $85 US Per Person
- 3 People Group: $75 US Per Person
- 4 People Group: $60 US Per Person
- Private Tour: Please contact us for the price
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Pick-up from North Dhaka area (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area), Hotel InterContinental, Hotel Pan Pacific, Best Western Plus Le Vinci Hotel, and Suktara Hotel.
- An air-conditioned car and driver.
- An English-speaking guide.
- All entrance tickets.
- Lunch at a local restaurant with authentic Bangladeshi food.
- Drinking water.
- All rickshaw and boat rides.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
Does not include:
- Pick-up from the South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, FARS Hotel, Asia Hotel & Resort, Ambrosia Guest House, White House Hotel, Hotel Sky City, and the nearby area). If you stay at any of the hotels mentioned above or in the nearby area, you can meet the guide in front of the Best Western Plus Le Vinci Hotel at Kawran Bazar. We’ll drop you off at your hotel at the end of the tour, all right.
- Any food or drinks other than those mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Departures and Availability
Watch a video of Kawran Bazar, the largest wholesale veg market of Dhaka, which you’ll visit on this tour
Important notes on Dhaka (East) Photography Tour
- This tour is NOT available to book on Friday and govt. holidays, because all the bazaars will be closed during these days, so no activity to photograph.
- The itinerary of the Dhaka (East) Photography Tour is just an outline and not fixed. We will adjust it during the tour based on the traffic.
- If booking a private tour, pick-up and drop-off will be available from any part of Dhaka city.
- Dhaka (East) Photography Tour is a complete walking tour. We will transport you to and from the start and end location and one long-distance in the middle with an air-conditioned car. The rest of the sites will be covered on foot. Be prepared to walk a lot and wear shoes accordingly.
- There will be no photography lessons from pro photographers on any of our photography tours. We’ll provide a general English-speaking guide on the tour, who will simply take you to all the places listed in the itinerary, which are very photogenic if you have enough interest.
Boat ride at Buriganga with proper safety on the Dhaka (East) Photography Tour with Nijhoom Tours.
FAQs on Dhaka (East) Photography Tour
How is your Dhaka (East) Photography Tour different than the others?
★ Safety: Customer safety is the priority of our tours. We'll use life jackets during boat rides for the safety of our customers. We'll never overload the boat on the river to save a few bucks. We'll provide a safe driver who will drive you safely in a country where everyone drives like crazy. Our cars will have seatbelts, which almost no one uses in Bangladesh.
★ Comfortable Car: We'll provide a comfortable, decent, clean car with air-conditioning to navigate the hectic Dhaka traffic for long hours. We'll not squeeze you into the middle seats of the car to save money. Everyone will get a comfortable window seat.
★ Food Hygiene: We'll be cautious about food safety on the tour so that you don't become sick from food poisoning, which is common in Bangladesh. We'll take you to restaurants that maintain good hygiene.
★ Numerous Positive Reviews: We have numerous positive reviews of our Dhaka (East) Photography Tour on TripAdvisor from our past clients who've had a pleasant and memorable experience with us. You'll have a great experience on our tour too!
★ Knowledgeable Guide: We'll provide a knowledgeable guide on our Dhaka (East) Photography Tour, who will be able to provide you with the history and other interesting information about the sites on the tour.
★ On-Time Pick-up: We'll not be late to pick you up and give excuses for traffic.
★ No Nuicense: We will not annoy you by taking a few dozen selfies with you on the tour and posting them directly on social media.
Why book Dhaka (East) Photography Tour with Nijhoom Tours?
★ Great Experience: You’ll have a great experience on our Dhaka (East) Photography Tour, as we are a multi-award-winning local tour operator in Bangladesh with vast local knowledge and the highest quality. We have the highest number of reviews in Bangladesh on TripAdvisor (375+ reviews) from our clients with an average rating of 5 on 5. We’ve been featured in the International Travel News Magazine multiple times, published in California, USA.
★ Support a Local Business: By directly booking with us instead of the giant foreign online platforms like Viator, ToursByLocals, GetYourGuide, TourRadar, Expedia, Kayak, or many others like them dominating the industry with huge marketing budgets, that only sell other local companies' tours and charge them a hefty commission, you are also supporting a local small business instead of a big foreign corporation.
★ Scheduled Tours: We have scheduled tours year-round. You can join any of them and reduce your cost.
★ Fast Communication: We reply fast. Communication with us will be a breeze.
★ Smooth Payment: Making payments with us will be swift for our Dhaka (East) Photography Tour. We offer multiple payment options with credit cards and bank transfers. You can pay us in major local currencies online and avoid paying any charges for making cross-border payments for our tours.