Tour Duration: Full Day Tour
Location: New and Old Dhaka
Tour Attractions: Street Photography in mega city Dhaka
Best time to go: October-March
Tour Available: Year Round Except Fridays, Saturdays, and Holidays
Next Scheduled Tour: Contact us
Dhaka is one of the most densely populated city in the world, a residence of more than 16 million people, which is increasing every day. It is full of interesting streets and bazaars containing countless subjects to shoot, especially the older part of the city famously known as Old Dhaka. This is a paradise for both PRO and armature photographers.
If you love street photography and have two days in hand to do a photography tour in Dhaka, this is the first tour you should book. We will take you to the eastern part of new and old Dhaka, and show it’s numerous back-streets and bazaars in search of perfect subjects. You’ll be surprised to see how willingly people pose for you, and no one ever asks for money to do so, unlike some other popular tourist destinations in the world.
- Photograph the numerous backstreets and bazaars of New & Old Dhaka.
- Rickshaw ride on the narrow streets of old Dhaka.
- Taste authentic local food on a local restaurant.
Itinerary of Dhaka (East) Photography Tour
- 07.00 – 07.00 AM: Pick-up from hotel and drive to Kawran Bazar.
- 07.30 – 10.00 AM: Photography at Kawran Bazar – the largest wholesale market of Dhaka city, Tejgaon Railway Station – an interesting train station in Dhaka city, and a wholesale market of chicken and ducks.
- 11.00 – 12.00 AM: Photography at Kaptan Bazar – one of the oldest bazaar of Old Dhaka, and the city’s only legal slaughter house for animals.
- 12.00 – 01.00 PM: Photography at Nawabpur Road – the largest electronics market of Dhaka city, and Dholaikhal – the largest spare-parts market of Dhaka city.
- 01.15 – 02.00 PM: Lunch on a local restaurant with authentic local food.
- 02.00 – 03.30 PM: Photography at Shakhari Bazar – also known as Hindu Street, this is the cultural center of the Hindu community in Old Dhaka, full of temples, jewellery shops, and heritage buildings; and Sadarghat Boat Terminal – the main river station of Dhaka city, and the main entry point for the people arriving from the southern part of the country.
- 05.00 – 05.00 PM: Drop at the hotel. End of Dhaka (East) photography tour.
Price of Dhaka (East) Photography Tour
|Group Size||Tour Price|
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Air-conditioned car and driver.
- English speaking guide.
- All site entrance tickets.
- Breakfast & Lunch on a local restaurant (authentic local food).
- One bottle of drinking water.
- All rickshaw and boat rides.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
Does not include:
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Watch video of Kawran Bazar which you’ll visit on this tour
- It is NOT recommended to book this tour unless you are a serious photographer, and have a strong interest in photographing people and general life. Booking other general tours e.g. Old Dhaka Tour or Old Capital Tour will bring better experience instead.
- There will be no photography lessons from pro photographers on any of our photography tours. A general English speaking guide will be provided on the tour, who will simply take you to all the places listed in the itinerary which are very much photogenic if you have enough interest.
- This is a walking tour. We will simply transport you to and from the start and end location with an air-conditioned car. Rest of the sites will be covered on foot.
- Be prepared to walk a lot, and wear shoes accordingly.
- Itinerary of the tour is just an outline and not fixed. It could be changed depending on the traffic.
- Tour is not available on Fridays, Saturdays, and govt. holidays, because there will be not many activities on these places during weekends and holidays.
- Specialty of Bengali food is they are spicy, which is the main difference with Indian food. Khichuri (made of rice, lentil, and meat) and Biriani (rice and meat cooked specially with added spice) are two of the most famous foods of Old Dhaka – specially Biriani.
- Ladies friendly toilets are almost absent in Dhaka. You’ll be able to find good toilet only in the restaurant.
- Pick-up for this tour will not be available from South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, Hotel FARS, Asia Hotel & Resorts, and nearby area).
- Booking of any of our day tours is possible maximum one week in advance.
- We’ll require the full payment in advance online to book this tour. Details of our online payment system could be found here: How to pay us.