Location: Dhaka, Bagerhat, Sundarban, Sonargaon
Tour Attractions: Tiger, Birds and Other Wildlife Safari, Historic Cities
Best Time To Go: October – March
Tour Availability: September – May / Any day start
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Check Bellow
Experience an exciting journey through the stunning wilderness of the Sundarban Mangrove Forest, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with a thrilling Sundarban Safari, staying on a small houseboat and anchoring on different places each night. Spot the majestic Bengal tigers, spotted deer, clawless otters, salt-water crocodiles, Indian flying foxes, much other wildlife, and many species of birds, including nine different types of kingfishers. Also, visit the historic mosque city of Bagerhat – another UNESCO Site, entirely abandoned Panam City of the Hindu cotton merchants, and megacity Dhaka – the city of madness. A juxtaposed tour to experience craziness, history, archaeology, and serene beauty and peace.
The Sundarbans is the largest mangrove forest on earth. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and designated a wetland site of international importance under the Ramsar Convention. Bagerhat is a 15th-century Muslim city full of great archaeological mosques, among which the Sixty Dome Mosque is the most famous. It is another UNESCO World Heritage Site. Dhaka is a megacity of 22 million people, full of activities, and a paradise for street photography. And Sonargaon is the old capital of medieval Bengal.
Sundarban Safari will take you to visit the key attractions of New & Old Dhaka, see the most significant mosques and a magnificent Hindu temple in Bagerhat, a whole three-day excursion to the Sundarban Mangrove Forest, and see the attraction of the old capital Sonargaon. You’ll visit two UNESCO World Heritage Sites on this tour.
Starting with exploring Dhaka city for a whole day, you’ll board an overnight passenger ferry to Barisal. Arriving at next morning at the destination, you’ll visit the mosques and the Hindu temple of Bagerhat for a whole day. You’ll spend the next three days in Sundarban, return to Dhaka in the evening, and visit the old capital Sonargaon the next day. Sundarban Safari provides an opportunity to enjoy Dhaka’s hustle and bustle, Bagerhat and Sonargaon’s quietness, and the tranquility of Sundarban.
This tour is available to book anytime outside our schedule, year-round. Private tours are available to book throughout the year. Solo travelers can join any of our scheduled tours. You can share rooms with total same-sex strangers if available to save costs. Also can book a Single Supplement if you need private rooms. If you have a midnight flight for your departure, we’ll discount the last night’s accommodation price.
Check out our other Sundarban tour packages of different lengths to suit your requirements.
Highlights of Sundarban Safari
- Immerse yourself in the captivating Sundarbans, the largest mangrove forest on Earth and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, during an extensive three-day exploration.
- Spend your nights on a small houseboat, anchoring in different locations within the Sundarban, ensuring a truly immersive experience.
- Navigate the intricate network of creeks and channels within the Sundarbans aboard a traditional wooden rowing boat, maximizing your chances of spotting wildlife during the magical early mornings and evenings.
- Embark on a guided forest trail, accompanied by armed forest guards, to delve deeper into the heart of the Sundarbans’ lush vegetation and spot more birds and wildlife.
- Visit a dolphin sanctuary dedicated to the conservation of the endangered Ganges and Irrawaddy Dolphin species, offering a rare opportunity to witness these majestic creatures in their natural habitat.
- Indulge in the pristine beauty of the Sundarbans’ finest beach, a secluded gem deep within the forest where you can relax and rejuvenate away from the crowds.
- Visit a fishing village in Sundarban and experience how they live struggling with natural disasters.
- Explore a crocodile and turtle breeding center, where you can observe these fascinating reptiles up close and learn about the conservation efforts being undertaken to protect them.
- Embark on an overnight journey aboard a traditional Bangladeshi passenger ferry, experiencing the authentic rhythms of river life as you traverse the waterways toward your next destination.
- Visit the historical sites of Bagerhat, a 15th-century UNESCO World Heritage Site, including the renowned Sixty Dome Mosque, and delve into the region’s rich cultural and architectural heritage.
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant ambiance of Old Dhaka, exploring its narrow streets on a rickshaw ride and gliding along the bustling Buriganga River on a boat, capturing the essence of the city’s vibrant soul.
- Step back in time as you visit an abandoned city once inhabited by Hindu cotton merchants from the early 19th century, witnessing the remnants of their grandeur and imagining the stories they hold.
A map of 8 days Sundarban Safari Tour in Bangladesh with Nijhoom Tours to experience the largest mangrove forest on earth, the historic city Bagerhat, megacity Dhaka, and the old capital Sonargaon.
Itinerary of Sundarban Safari
Price of Sundarban Safari
- 4+ People Gruop: $1,260 US Per Person
- 2-3 People Group: Please contact us for the price
- Private Tour: Please contact us for the price
- Single Supplement: $110 US
Inclusions and Exclusions
Sundarban Safari Includes:
- All accommodation in hotels and boat cabins as mentioned in the itinerary with complimentary breakfast on a twin-sharing basis.
- $115 US per person forest permit fee for Sundarban.
- All meals, drinking water, tea, and coffee while on the boat at Sundarban for three days on day-4, 5, and 6.
- All internal flights.
- All airport transfers in Bangladesh.
- An air-conditioned car, driver, and an English-speaking guide.
- 1st class cabin on a traditional passenger ferry to Barisal on a twin-sharing basis.
- All boat rides.
- All entrance tickets.
- Before departure, take to the Covid-19 testing center in Dhaka to provide the sample and collect the report if necessary.
- All tips except our guide, driver, and boat crew in Sundarban.
Does not include:
- Any food or drinks other than those mentioned above.
- $25 US fee for video camera in Sundarban (if any).
- Any personal item.
Departures and Availability
Why Sundarban Safari with Nijhoom Tours
How is your Sundarban Safari different than the others?
★ Wildlife Tour: Unlike the traditional cheap picnic parties in Sundarban, ours are wildlife tours. Spotting as much wildlife as possible is our primary focus. We take our clients to places deep inside Sundarban where there will be higher chances to spot wildlife.
★ Small Boats: We use small boats with shallow drafts to go to small channels where bigger ships can not go and can see more wildlife.
★ Silent Boat Trips: Unlike others, we use silent wooden rowing boats without engines to explore the small creeks and channels so we do not scare off the animals. You'll see more birds and animals on our boat trips on the creeks and channels.
★ Safety: The safety of our clients is always our priority. Unlike everyone else, we always use life jackets during boat rides on the small creeks and channels to protect our clients.
★ Food Hygiene: We strictly maintain food hygiene on our boat, about which very few people in Bangladesh have any idea. So unlike others, foreigners getting sick from food is rare on our boat.
★ Cleanliness: Although we use a basic boat, we keep it clean and provide clean bed sheets, pillowcases, towels, and comfortable beds and pillows.
★ Knowledgeable Guides: We provide knowledgeable guides on our tours, who will be able to tell you about the wildlife and the forest.
★ Numerous Positive Reviews: Unlike others, we have numerous positive reviews of our Sundarban Tours on TripAdvisor from our past clients who've had a pleasant and memorable experience of the forest with us. You'll have a great experience on our tour too!
Why book Sundarban Safari with Nijhoom Tours?
★ Great Experience: You’ll have a great experience on our Sundarban Safari, as we are a multi-award-winning local tour operator in Bangladesh with vast local knowledge and the highest quality. We have the highest number of reviews in Bangladesh on TripAdvisor (375+ reviews) from our clients with an average rating of 5 on 5. We’ve been featured in the International Travel News Magazine multiple times, published in California, USA.
★ Support a Local Business: By directly booking with us instead of the giant foreign online platforms like Viator, ToursByLocals, GetYourGuide, TourRadar, Expedia, Kayak, or many others like them dominating the industry with huge marketing budgets, that only sell other local companies' tours and charge them a hefty commission, you are also supporting a local small business instead of a big foreign corporation.
★ Scheduled Tours: We have scheduled tours year-round. You can join any of them and reduce your cost.
★ Fast Communication: We reply fast. Communication with us will be a breeze.
★ Smooth Payment: Making payments with us will be swift for our Sundarban Safari. We offer multiple payment options with credit cards and bank transfers. You can pay us in major local currencies online and avoid paying any charges for making cross-border payments for our tours.
★ Comfortable Car: We'll provide a decent, comfortable, clean car with air-conditioning.
★ Safe Driver: We'll provide a safe driver who will drive you safely in a country where everyone drives like crazy.
★ On-Time Pick-up: We'll not be late to pick you up and give excuses for traffic.
★ No Nuicense: We will not annoy you by taking a few dozen selfies with you on the tour and posting them directly on social media.
Silent cruise with a rowing boat on a Channel in Sundarban with proper safety with Nijhoom Tours. © Photo Credit: Nijhoom Tours.
Experiences of Sundarban Tours with us
Sundarban Safari Also Included In
Sundarban Safari Tour is included in most of our holiday packages. You can book one of these packages too to visit the mosque city of Bagerhat and Sundarban Mangrove Forest:
- Highlights of Bangladesh (11 Days)
- Glories of Bangladesh (14 Days)
- Raas Festival Tour (16 Days)
- Best of Bangladesh (18 Days)
- Discover Bangladesh (28 Days)
FAQs on Sundarban Tours
- Because your best chance to spot wildlife on a Sundarban tour is when you go on a tour with a very small group. This will increase your chance to spot wildlife many times.
- All the traditional tour operators in Bangladesh run tours in Sundarban on a 40-70 people group. Going on a Sundarban tour with a big group like these, people end up seeing very little or no wildlife at all. We organize only small group tours to give you the best experience of Sundarban for your time and money.
- 60% of Sundarban is in Bangladesh part which is denser and more diverse with its wildlife, flora, and fauna.
- You visit a wild forest in Bangladesh, not a national park. Everything you see in Bangladesh part of Sundarban is wild.
- You spend the full three days inside the forest while doing the Sundarban tour with us in Bangladesh. You can spend just one day inside the forest while doing a Sundarban tour from India.
- On a Sundarban tour in India, you stay at a hut in a village outside the forest. In Bangladesh, you stay on our comfortable houseboat with a Western-style toilet deep inside the forest, anchoring in different places every day. There will be armed forest rangers on board for security.
- In India, you visit the forest with an engine boat starting from the village. In Bangladesh, we'll take you to explore the creeks and channels deep inside the forest with a noiseless wooden rowboat. You float on the channels quietly in the tranquil environment and get the best chance to spot wildlife while they do not flee hearing the disturbing noise of the engine.
- Sundarban Tour in Bangladesh with us offers more activities, e.g. walking deep inside the forest, spending time on a beautiful sandy beach at the Bay of Bengal inside the forest while you hardly see any people, watching wildlife from an observation tower overlooking a freshwater pond where animals come to drink, explore creeks and channels with noiseless row-boat to increase your chance to spot wildlife, visit wildlife sanctuaries, and many more.
- Because you reach the forest within 15 minutes of starting from Mongla. If you start from Khulna, half of your day is wasted just to reach the forest and another half day to come back. All the traditional tour operators in Bangladesh run their tours from Khulna, while we run our Sundarban Tour in Bangladesh from Mongla.
- Never do a day tour of Sundarban! You might want to quickly sample Sundarban to save time and money, but it will be a full waste of your time and money as you will end up visiting just an Eco Park and a zoo which will be very disappointing, no matter who you do the tour with! It will be simply a bad taste of the forest. Either do a three days tour or save it for a future trip. There is nothing in between!