Tour Duration: Full Day Tour
Location: New & Old Dhaka
Tour Attractions: Street Photography in mega city Dhaka
Best time to go: Round the year
Tour Available: Round the year except Fridays, Saturdays, and Holidays
Next Scheduled Tour: N/A
Dhaka is a mega city of more than 150 million people – one of the most densely populated city in the world. It has many interesting streets, specially in Old Dhaka, which are heaven for photographers. In this Dhaka photography tour, we’ll take you to the streets of old Dhaka for photography where you’ll find thousands of perfect subjects to shoot.
We’ll use mainly rickshaws to transport you from one street to another in Old Dhaka on this Dhaka photography tour, and you’ll walk on these streets and look for the perfect subject to shoot the whole day. You’ll be amazed to see how friendly are people here. They’ll pose for your photo and no one will ever ask for money unlike other countries. If you are interested in street or portrait photography, this tour will be perfect for you. You can take this tour over and over again in search for a perfect photo.
- Photograph the numerous backstreets and bazaars of New & Old Dhaka.
- Rickshaw ride on the narrow streets of old Dhaka.
- Boat ride on Dhaka’s live and vibrant Buriganga river.
- Taste authentic local food on a local restaurant.
Itinerary of Dhaka Photography Tour
- 07.00 – 07.00 AM: Pick-up from hotel and drive to Kawran Bazar.
- 07.30 – 08.30 AM: Photography at Kawran Bazar – the largest wholesale market of Dhaka city. Trade happens on this market overnight, which normally get finished around 8.30 AM. That is the reason of an early pick-up for this tour.
- 08.30 – 09.00 AM: Breakfast on a local restaurant with local food.
- 09.00 – 10.00 AM: Photography at Tejgaon Railway Station – an interesting train station in Dhaka city, and at a wholesale market of chicken and ducks.
- 11.00 – 12.30 PM: Photography at Swarighat – an interesting boat station beside Buriganga river. Take a boat ride to a village market on the other side of the river, and back to Swarighat.
- 12.30 – 01.30 PM: Photography at Chawk Bazar – the most interesting market of Dhaka city where you can get almost anything you need. This is the largest wholesale market for street vendors who come here from every corner of the country. Also visit Mowlovi Bazar – another interesting general wholesale market in Old Dhaka.
- 01.45 – 02.15 PM: Lunch on a local restaurant with local food (Biriani).
- 02.45 – 03.30 PM: Photography at Islampur Road – the largest wholesale clothing market of Dhaka city, and Sakhari Bazar – a heritage street which is famous for the culture and heritage of the Hindu community of Dhaka city, also known as Hindu Street.
- 05.00 – 05.00 PM: Drop at the hotel. End of Dhaka photography tour.
Price of Dhaka Photography Tour
- 1 Pax Tour: 8,000 BDT / $104 US
- 2 Pax Group: 5,000 BDT / $65 US Per Person
- 3 Pax Group: 4,500 BDT / $58 US Per Person
- 4 Pax Group: 4,000 BDT / $52 US Per Person
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Air-conditioned car and driver.
- English speaking guide.
- All site entrance tickets.
- Breakfast & Lunch on a local restaurant (authentic local food).
- One bottle of drinking water.
- All rickshaw and boat rides.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
Does not include:
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Watch video of Kawran Bazar which you’ll visit on this tour
- It is NOT recommended to book this tour unless you are a serious photographer, and have a strong interest on photographing people and general life. Booking other general tours e.g. Old Dhaka Tour or Old Capital Tour will bring better experience instead.
- There will be no photography lessons from pro photographers on any of our photography tours. A general English speaking guide will be provided on the tour, who will simply take you to all the places listed in the itinerary which are very much photogenic if you have enough interest.
- This is a walking tour. We will simply transport you to and from the start and end location with an air-conditioned car. Rest of the sites will be covered on foot.
- Be prepared to walk a lot, and wear shoes accordingly.
- Itinerary of the tour is just an outline and not fixed. It could be changed depending on the traffic.
- Tour is not available on Fridays, Saturdays, and govt. holidays, because there will be not much activities on these places during weekends and holidays.
- Specialty of Bengali food is they are spicy, which is the main difference with Indian food. Khichuri (made of rice, lentil, and meat) and Biriani (rice and meat cooked specially with added spice) are two of the most famous foods of Old Dhaka – specially Biriani.
- Ladies friendly toilets are almost absent in Dhaka. You’ll be able to find good toilet only in the restaurant.
- Pick-up for this tour will not be available from South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, Hotel FARS, Asia Hotel & Resorts, and nearby area).
- Booking of any of our day tours is possible maximum one week in advance.
- We’ll require the full payment in advance online to book this tour. Details of our online payment system could be found here: How to pay us.