Location: New & Old Dhaka
Tour Attractions: Life & Sights of Megacity Dhaka
Best Time to Go: October-March
Tour Available: Year Round / Any Day
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Check Bellow
Join us for an unforgettable day tour to discover the vibrant and lively Dhaka City, the capital city of Bangladesh. Our Dhaka City sightseeing tour package will take you to the top attractions of both the New and Old Dhaka, including the outside of the National Assembly Building, Lalbagh Fort, Ahsan Manzil (Pink Palace), Star Mosque, Armenian Church, and more. Experience the local lifestyle and culture by walking and riding a rickshaw on the narrow backstreets of Old Dhaka. Hop on a rowing boat to enjoy the busy activities of the Sadarghat waterfront. Have the ultimate experience of what Dhaka City has to offer—the first Dhaka City tour to book for any traveler.
This tour will show you most of New and Old Dhaka’s famous tourist sights and attractions, as suggested in popular guidebooks like Bradt and LonelyPlanet, and beyond their recommendations! If you are visiting Bangladesh for the first time, this is the first tour you should book to experience Dhaka city’s life, sights, and activities. Dhaka City Tour is our most popular day tour package covering a large number of sights and activities to provide you with an authentic experience of the hectic Dhaka city, especially Old Dhaka, and taste some of its authentic food that your hotel’s restaurant will not provide!
Our Dhaka City Tour package can be booked at any time of the year. You can join an already scheduled tour with the others and reduce costs, book a group tour on your preferred date and keep it open for others to join and reduce your price, or book a private tour just for you. Contact us now for a detailed itinerary of the tour. See below how our Dhaka City Tour differs from the others and why you should book with us.
- Visit the key tourist sights, attractions, and activities of both the New and Old Dhaka.
- Walk on the backstreets of Old Dhaka and experience its hustle and bustle.
- Enjoy a rickshaw ride on the narrow streets of old Dhaka, where cars can’t reach.
- Experience the activities of Dhaka’s busy waterfront on a rowing boat in the Buriganga River.
- Taste some authentic Bangladeshi food at a local restaurant.
A map of the full-day Dhaka sightseeing tour with Nijhoom Tours to visit the highlights of Dhaka City.
Itinerary of Dhaka City Tour
Contact us for the Detailed Itinerary
Price of Dhaka City Tour
- 1 Person Gruop: $120 US Per Person
- 2 People Group: $95 US Per Person
- 3 People Group: $85 US Per Person
- 4 People Group: $70 US Per Person
- Private Tour: Please contact us for the price
Inclusions and Exclusions
- An air-conditioned car and driver.
- An English-speaking guide.
- All entrance tickets.
- Lunch at a local restaurant with authentic Bangladeshi food.
- Drinking water.
- All rickshaws and boat rides.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
Does not include:
- Any food or drinks other than those mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Departures and Availability
|Departure Dates||Total Places||Available Places||Booking Status|
|Sat, May 20, 2023||6||4+||Available|
Boat ride at River Buriganga with proper safety on a Dhaka City Tour with Nijhoom Tours.
Why Book Dhaka City Tour With Nijhoom
How is your Dhaka City Tour different than the others?
★ Safety: Customer safety is the priority of our tours. We'll use life jackets during boat rides for the safety of our customers. We'll never overload the boat on the river to save a few bucks. We'll provide a safe driver who will drive you safely in a country where everyone drives like crazy. Our cars will have seatbelts, which almost no one uses in Bangladesh.
★ Comfortable Car: We'll provide a comfortable, decent, clean car with air-conditioning to navigate the hectic Dhaka traffic for long hours. We'll not squeeze you into the middle seats of the car to save money. Everyone will get a comfortable window seat.
★ Food Hygiene: We'll be cautious about food safety on the tour so that you don't become sick from food poisoning, which is common in Bangladesh. We'll take you to restaurants that maintain good hygiene.
★ Numerous Positive Reviews: We have numerous positive reviews of our Dhaka City Tour on TripAdvisor from our past clients who've had a pleasant and memorable experience with us. You'll have a great experience on our tour too!
★ Knowledgeable Guide: We'll provide a knowledgeable guide on our Dhaka City Tour, who will be able to provide you with the history and other interesting information about the sites on the tour.
★ On-Time Pick-up: We'll not be late to pick you up and give excuses for traffic.
★ No Nuicense: We will not annoy you by taking a few dozen selfies with you on the tour and posting them directly on social media.
Why book Dhaka City Tour with Nijhoom Tours?
★ Great Experience: You’ll have a great experience on our Dhaka City Tour, as we are a multi-award-winning local tour operator in Bangladesh with vast local knowledge and the highest quality. We have the highest number of reviews in Bangladesh on TripAdvisor (375+ reviews) from our clients with an average rating of 5 on 5. We’ve been featured in the International Travel News Magazine multiple times, published in California, USA.
★ Support a Local Business: By directly booking with us instead of the giant foreign online platforms like Viator, ToursByLocals, GetYourGuide, TourRadar, Expedia, Kayak, or many others like them dominating the industry with huge marketing budgets, that only sell other local companies' tours and charge them a hefty commission, you are also supporting a local small business instead of a big foreign corporation.
★ Scheduled Tours: We have scheduled tours year-round. You can join any of them and reduce your cost.
★ Fast Communication: We reply fast. Communication with us will be a breeze.
★ Smooth Payment: Making payments with us will be swift for our Dhaka City Tour. We offer multiple payment options with credit cards and bank transfers. You can pay us in major local currencies online and avoid paying any charges for making cross-border payments for our tours.
Watch a video of Sadarghat waterfront, which you’ll visit on this tour
- Dhaka City Tour is available to book year-round, any day of the week.
- All the sites on this Dhaka sightseeing tour will remain open on Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Ahsan Manzil will be closed on Thursday and open after 03.00 pm on Friday. Lalbagh Fort will be closed on Sunday and open after 02.00 pm on Monday. The rest of the sites will remain open seven days a week.
- There will be a heavy rush of local tourists at Ahsan Manzil on Friday afternoon, being the weekend.
- Ahsan Manzil and Lalbagh Fort will remain closed on public holidays. You can look at them from the outside, though, during these days.
- Dhaka was officially ranked as the second least livable city in the world. There could be incredible traffic in Dhaka sometimes when everything stops at every intersection. You could be stopped in the same place for a long time without even moving. Traffic is lighter on Friday and Saturday mornings, being weekends (which is also changing in recent years).
- Be prepared to walk a lot on this tour, and wear shoes accordingly. You need to remove shoes to enter the mosques and temples on the tour.
Decorated interior wall of Star Mosque on our New & Old Dhaka Sightseeing Tour. © Photo Credit: Tina Manley.