Location: Dhaka City
Tour Attractions: Best architectural buildings of Dhaka City
Best time to go: October-March
Tour Available: Year Round
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Check Bellow
Dhaka Architecture Tour will take you to visit some of the best architectural buildings in Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh, on a day tour. You’ll see two Aga Khan Award for Architecture winning buildings in Bangladesh, the National Assembly Building by the world-famous US architect Louis Kahn and the Bait Ur Rouf Mosque by one of the best modern-day architects in Bangladesh, Marina Tabassum. Also, visit a few other contemporary architectural buildings in Dhaka, designed by some of the best architects in Bangladesh. If you are interested in architecture and want to see some of the best architectural buildings in Bangladesh, this is the tour you should book.
The tour’s highlight is visiting inside and outside the National Assembly Building of Louis Khan in Bangladesh, one of his masterpieces. We’ll arrange a special permit to visit inside the building and show you the most important sections of it, e.g., the parliament house, library, and the prayer room. You’ll have lunch in the Bangladesh National Assembly Building cafeteria to spend more time in the building than allowed for a visit. Also, have a good look at the building from the outside, including the South Plaza, the Presidential Plaza, the residence block of the parliament members, and the artificial lake surrounding the National Assembly Building Complex.
Another highlight of our Dhaka Architecture Tour is Bait Ur Rouf Mosque, designed by Marina Tabassum. The mosque design challenges the status quo by creating an interior space rich with light and shadow while possessing a robust simplicity that allows for deep reflection and contemplation in prayer. You’ll also visit some other contemporary architectural buildings in Dhaka designed by some of the best architects in Bangladesh. This tour will give you an overview of some of the best modern architecture in Bangladesh.
Dhaka Architecture Tour package can be booked at any time of the year. You can join an already scheduled tour with the others and reduce costs, book a group tour on your preferred date and keep it open for others to join and reduce your price, or book a private tour just for you. Contact us now for a detailed itinerary of the tour. See below how our Dhaka Architecture Tour differs from the others and why you should book with us.
Highlights of Dhaka Architecture Tour
- Visit some of the best contemporary architectural buildings in Bangladesh, two of which are the Aga Khan Award for Architecture winners.
- Visit inside and outside the Bangladesh National Assembly Building, designed by world-famous US architect Louis Kahn – a masterpiece of the architect.
- Have lunch at the Bangladesh National Assembly Building cafeteria.
- Visit Bait Ur Rouf Mosque, designed by Marina Tabassum – an Aga Khan Award for Architecture winner.
- Visit some other contemporary architectural buildings in Dhaka designed by some of the best modern-day architects in Bangladesh.
A map of the full-day Dhaka Architecture Tour with Nijhoom Tours to visit the most impressive contemporary architectural buildings of Dhaka City.
Itinerary of Dhaka Architecture Tour
Price of Dhaka Architecture Tour
- 1 Person Gruop: $160 US Per Person
- 2 People Group: $130 US Per Person
- 3 People Group: $120 US Per Person
- 4+ People Group: $110 US Per Person
- Private Tour: Please contact us for the price
Inclusions and Exclusions
Dhaka Architecture Tour includes:
- Pick-up and drop-off from the North Dhaka area (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area only).
- An air-conditioned car and driver.
- An English-speaking guide.
- Permit for visiting inside the Bangladesh National Assembly Building of Louis Kahn.
- All entrance tickets.
- Lunch inside the Bangladesh National Assembly Building Cafeteria.
- Drinking water.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from the South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, FARS Hotel, Asia Hotel & Resort, Ambrosia Guest House, White House Hotel, Hotel Sky City, Suktara Hotel, and the nearby area).
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Interior view of Louis Kahn’s Bangladesh National Assembly Building. © Photo Credit: The Tale of Tomorrow.
Departures and Availability
- Dhaka Architecture Tour is available to book any day of the week, year-round, except Fridays, Saturdays, and government holidays.
- Cameras, cell phones, recorders, players or similar electronic devices, arms & ammunitions, sharp-edged tools, and food are not allowed inside the Bangladesh National Assembly Building. You’ll only be able to take photographs of the building from the outside during the Dhaka architecture tour.
- We’ll need a ten days notice to arrange the permit for visiting inside the Bangladesh National Assembly Building.
Column-free prayer hall with random circular roof openings allows daylight at Bait Ur Rouf Mosque designed by Marina Tabassum. © Photo Credit: Aga Khan Trust for Culture / Rajesh Vora.
FAQs on Dhaka Architecture Tour
Why book Dhaka Architecture Tour with Nijhoom Tours?
Because you’ll have a great experience on our Dhaka Architecture Tour, as we are a multi-award-winning local tour operator in Bangladesh with vast local knowledge and the highest quality. We have the highest number of reviews in Bangladesh on TripAdvisor (350+ reviews) from our clients with an average rating of 5 on 5. We’ve been featured in International Travel News Magazine multiple times, published in California, USA. By directly booking with us instead of the OTA platforms that sell other companies’ tours and charge them a hefty commission, you are also supporting a local small business instead of the big foreign corporations.
How is your Dhaka Architecture Tour different than the others?
Communication with us will be a breeze. Making payment will be swift for our Dhaka Architecture Tour. We'll provide a knowledgeable guide on our Dhaka Architecture Tour, who will be able to tell you in detail about all the sites on the tour. We'll be cautious about hygiene on the tour so that you don't become sick from food poisoning, which is very common in Bangladesh. We'll take you to restaurants that maintain good hygiene. We'll provide a decent, comfortable, clean car with air-conditioning and a safe driver, and be careful about your safety on the tour. We'll not be late to pick you up and give excuses of traffic. Nor will we annoy you by taking a few dozen selfies with you on the tour and posting them directly on social media.