Tour Duration: Full Day Tour
Location: Old Dhaka
Tour Attractions: Street Photography in mega city Dhaka
Best time to go: October-March
Tour Available: Year Round Except Fridays, and Holidays
Next Scheduled Tour: Contact us
Dhaka is a megacity of more than 16 million people – one of the most densely populated cities in the world and full of activities. It has many interesting streets and bazaars, especially in Old Dhaka, which are paradise to photographers who like street and portrait photography.
In the Dhaka (West) Photography Tour, we’ll take you to some of the most interesting back-streets and bazaars of Old Dhaka for a whole day in search of some interesting subjects to shoot. You’ll be amazed to see how friendly are people here. They’d love their photos to be taken by you, and will never ask for money, unlike other countries.
If you are passionate about street or portrait photography, this tour will be perfect for you! You can take this tour over and over again in search of some fantastic photos to enrich your portfolio. If you have two days for photography in Dhaka, this is the second tour you should book. If you have just one day, book the Dhaka Photography Tour instead.
- Photograph the activities of megacity Dhaka.
- Visit some of the most interesting back-streets and bazaars of Old Dhaka.
- Photograph the activities inside the terminal of Sadarghat River Station.
- Photograph the century-old paddlewheel steamers.
- Get an ariel view of river Buriganga and photograph the activities from above.
- Taste some authentic local food in a local restaurant.
Itinerary of Dhaka (West) Photography Tour
- 09.00 – 09.00 AM: Pick-up from the hotel and drive to Old Dhaka.
- 10.30 – 10.50 AM: Photography at Showarighat – a busy boat station on river Buriganga, which is used for transportation of the goods sold at the nearby Chawk Bazar and Moulovi Bazar, and people living on the other side of the city.
- 10.50 – 11.30 AM: Photography at Chawk Bazar – the most exciting market of Dhaka city where you can get almost anything you need. This is the largest wholesale market for street vendors who come here from every corner of the country to purchase the products for their shops. Also, visit Mowlovi Bazar – the largest wholesale market in Dhaka city for grocery items.
- 11.50 – 12.20 PM: Photography at Islampur Road – the largest wholesale clothing market of Dhaka city, and Sakhari Bazar – a heritage street that is famous for the culture and heritage of the Hindu community of Dhaka city, also known as the Hindu Street.
- 12.30 – 01.15 PM: Lunch at a local restaurant with authentic local food.
- 01.15 – 01.35 PM: Walk to Sadarghat River Station and photograph the activities on the way.
- 01.35 – 01.50 PM: Photography inside the terminal at Sadarghat River Station, one of the largest river stations in Asia in the context of transporting the number of passengers and full of activities. About one hundred passenger ferries leave from this station to the southern part of Bangladesh every day.
- 02.00 – 02.40 PM: Photography at the largest wholesale fruit market of Dhaka city; and Badamtoli Steamer Ghat, where you can photograph the century-old paddle steamers left by the British, lovingly called the Rocket.
- 02.55 – 03.25 PM: Climb Babu Bazar bridge from where you can get an areal view of river Buriganga, and photograph the activities on and below the bridge.
- 05.40 – 06.00 PM: Drop-off at the hotel. End of Dhaka (West) photography tour.
Price of Dhaka (West) Photography Tour
|Group Size||Tour Price|
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Pick-up and drop-off from your hotel in Dhaka.
- Air-conditioned car and driver.
- English speaking guide.
- Lunch on a local restaurant with authentic local food.
- Two 500ml bottles of mineral drinking water.
- All site entrance tickets.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
Does not include:
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
- This tour is not available to book on Fridays, Saturdays, and govt. Holidays, because all the bazaars will be closed during weekends and holidays.
- Booking of any of our day tours in Dhaka is possible maximum one week in advance. An exception could be made in case of a group of 5 people or more, depending on our schedule.
- It is NOT recommended to book this tour unless you are a serious photographer, and have a keen interest in photographing people and street life. Booking other general day tours e.g., Old Dhaka Tour or Old Capital Tour, will bring better experience instead. You’ll get plenty of photo opportunities on these tours too.
- There will be no photography lessons from pro photographers on any of our photography tours. A general English speaking guide will be provided on the tour, who will simply take you to all the places listed in the itinerary, which are very much photogenic if you have enough interest.
- The price of the tour mentioned in the price chart above is the starting price for the group tour, assuming you want to join with other people on the tour. This price will go down according to the price chart when more people join the tour later.
- We will try to include other people on the tour once you book a group tour, and refund you in cash BDT accordingly during the tour if we find anyone. We take a maximum of 6 people on our tours.
- The price for an exclusive private tour will be different than what is provided on the chart above. We’ll not include anyone else on the tour in case of booking a private tour. Contact us for the price if you do not want to join with anyone else on the tour.
- We’ll require the full payment in advance to book this tour. You can pay us online on a secured website with any Visa or MasterCard. Details of our online payment system could be found here: How to pay us.
- Although you’ll find many attractive street foods during the tour, they, in general, are prepared in a difficult hygiene condition. That is why we do not recommend tasting any street food during the tour. Do it at your own risk if you want to try some. However, the guide will be able to suggest any safe street food on a case-by-case basis.
- The specialty of Bengali food is they are spicy, which is the main difference between Indian food. Khichuri (made of rice, lentil, and meat) and Biryani (rice and meat cooked specially with added spice) are two of the most famous foods of Old Dhaka, especially Biryani.
- The itinerary of the tour is just an outline and not fixed. It will be adjusted during the tour based on the traffic.
- Dhaka officially ranked as the second least livable city in the world. There could be incredible traffic in Dhaka sometimes when everything stops at every intersection. You could be stopped in the same place for a long time without even moving. Be patient while traveling in the car.
- This is a complete walking tour. We will transport you to and from the start and end location with an air-conditioned car. The rest of the sites will be covered on foot. Be prepared to walk a lot and wear shoes accordingly.
- Ladies-friendly toilets are almost absent in Dhaka. You’ll be able to find a suitable bathroom only in the restaurant and in a couple of other places. Any time you need to use a toilet, tell your guide in advance. He will arrange a nearby place for you.