Tour Duration: Full Day Tour
Location: Old Dhaka
Tour Attractions: Street Photography in mega city Dhaka
Best time to go: October-March
Tour Available: Year Round Except Fridays, Saturdays, and Holidays
Next Scheduled Tour: Contact us
Dhaka is one of the most densely populated city in the world, a residence of more that 16 million people, which is increasing every day. It is full of interesting streets and bazaars containing countless subjects to shoot, specially the older part of the city famously known as Old Dhaka. This is a paradise for both PRO and armature photographers.
If you love street photography, and have two days in hand to do photography tour in Dhaka, this is the second tour you should book. We will take you to the western part of old Dhaka, and show it’s numerous back-streets and bazaars in search of perfect subjects. You’ll be surprised to see how willingly people pose for you, and no one ever ask for money to do so, unlike some other popular tourist destinations in the world.
- Photograph the numerous backstreets and bazaars of Old Dhaka.
- Rickshaw ride on the narrow streets of old Dhaka.
- Boat ride on Dhaka’s live and vibrant Buriganga river.
- Taste authentic local food on a local restaurant.
Itinerary of Dhaka (West) Photography Tour
- 09.00 – 09.00 AM: Pick-up from hotel and drive to Old Dhaka.
- 10.30 – 12.00 PM: Photography at Swarighat – an interesting boat station beside Buriganga river. Take a boat ride to a village market on the other side of the river, and back to Swarighat.
- 12.00 – 01.00 PM: Photography at Chawk Bazar – the most interesting market of Dhaka city where you can get almost anything you need. This is the largest wholesale market for street vendors who come here from every corner of the country. Also visit Mowlovi Bazar – another interesting general wholesale market in Old Dhaka.
- 01.30 – 02.00 PM: Lunch on a local restaurant with authentic local food.
- 02.30 – 04.30 PM: Photography at Tanti Bazar – the largest jewellery market of Old Dhaka, Islampur Road – the largest wholesale clothing market of the city, and Babu Bazar – another interesting area of Dhaka including Babu Bazar Bridge on Buriganga river.
- 06.00 – 06.00 PM: Drop at the hotel. End of Dhaka (East) photography tour.
Price of Dhaka (West) Photography Tour
|Group Size||Tour Price|
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Air-conditioned car and driver.
- English speaking guide.
- All site entrance tickets.
- Lunch on a local restaurant (authentic local food).
- One bottle of drinking water.
- All rickshaw and boat rides.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
Does not include:
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
- It is NOT recommended to book this tour unless you are a serious photographer, and have a strong interest on photographing people and general life. Booking other general tours e.g. Old Dhaka Tour or Old Capital Tour will bring better experience instead.
- There will be no photography lessons from pro photographers on any of our photography tours. A general English speaking guide will be provided on the tour, who will simply take you to all the places listed in the itinerary which are very much photogenic if you have enough interest.
- This is a walking tour. We will simply transport you to and from the start and end location with an air-conditioned car. Rest of the sites will be covered on foot.
- Be prepared to walk a lot, and wear shoes accordingly.
- Itinerary of the tour is just an outline and not fixed. It could be changed depending on the traffic.
- Tour is not available on Fridays, Saturdays, and govt. holidays, because there will be not much activities on these places during weekends and holidays.
- Specialty of Bengali food is they are spicy, which is the main difference with Indian food. Khichuri (made of rice, lentil, and meat) and Biriani (rice and meat cooked specially with added spice) are two of the most famous foods of Old Dhaka – specially Biriani.
- Ladies friendly toilets are almost absent in Dhaka. You’ll be able to find good toilet only in the restaurant.
- Booking of any of our day tours is possible maximum one week in advance.
- We’ll require the full payment in advance online to book this tour. Details of our online payment system could be found here: How to pay us.