Location: Old Dhaka
Tour Attractions: Street Photography in mega city Dhaka
Best time to go: October-March
Tour Available: Year Round Except Friday and Holidays
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Check Bellow
Dhaka is a megacity of more than 16 million people – one of the most densely populated cities in the world and full of activities. It has many interesting streets and bazaars, especially in Old Dhaka, which are paradise for photographers who like street and portrait photography.
In the Dhaka (West) Photography Tour, we’ll take you to some of the most interesting backstreets and bazaars of Old Dhaka for a whole day in search of some interesting subjects to shoot. You’ll be amazed to see how friendly are people here. They’d love their photos to be taken by you, and will never ask for money, unlike other countries.
If you are passionate about street or portrait photography, this tour will be perfect for you! You can take this tour over and over again in search of some fantastic photos to enrich your portfolio. If you have two days for photography in Dhaka, this is the second tour you should book. If you have just one day, book the Dhaka Photography Tour instead.
- Photograph the activities of megacity Dhaka.
- Visit some of the most interesting back-streets and bazaars of Old Dhaka.
- Photograph the activities inside the terminal of Sadarghat River Station.
- Photograph the century-old paddlewheel steamers.
- Get an ariel view of river Buriganga and photograph the activities from above.
- Taste some authentic local food in a local restaurant.
Itinerary of Dhaka (West) Photography Tour
- 09.00 – 09.00 AM: Pick-up from the hotel and drive to Old Dhaka.
- 10.30 – 10.50 AM: Photography at Showarighat – a busy boat station on river Buriganga, which is used for transportation of the goods sold at the nearby Chawk Bazar and Moulovi Bazar, and people living on the other side of the city.
- 10.50 – 11.30 AM: Photography at Chawk Bazar – the most exciting market of Dhaka city where you can get almost anything you need. This is the largest wholesale market for street vendors who come here from every corner of the country to purchase the products for their shops. Also, visit Mowlovi Bazar – the largest wholesale market in Dhaka city for grocery items.
- 11.50 – 12.20 PM: Photography at Islampur Road – the largest wholesale clothing market of Dhaka city, and Sakhari Bazar – a heritage street that is famous for the culture and heritage of the Hindu community of Dhaka city, also known as the Hindu Street.
- 12.30 – 01.15 PM: Lunch at a local restaurant with authentic local food.
- 01.15 – 01.35 PM: Walk to Sadarghat River Station and photograph the activities on the way.
- 01.35 – 01.50 PM: Photography inside the terminal at Sadarghat River Station, one of the largest river stations in Asia in the context of transporting the number of passengers and full of activities. About one hundred passenger ferries leave from this station to the southern part of Bangladesh every day.
- 02.00 – 02.40 PM: Photography at the largest wholesale fruit market of Dhaka city; and Badamtoli Steamer Ghat, where you can photograph the century-old paddle steamers left by the British, lovingly called the Rocket.
- 02.55 – 03.25 PM: Climb the Babu Bazar bridge from where you can get an areal view of river Buriganga, and photograph the activities on and below the bridge.
- 05.40 – 06.00 PM: Drop-off at the hotel. End of Dhaka (West) photography tour.
A map of the full-day Dhaka (West) Photography Tour with Nijhoom Tours to capture the activities of Dhaka City
Price of Dhaka (West) Photography Tour
- 1 Person Gruop: $110 US Per Person
- 2 People Group: $85 US Per Person
- 3 People Group: $75 US Per Person
- 4 People Group: $60 US Per Person
- Private Tour: Please contact us for the price
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Pick-up from North Dhaka area (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area), Hotel InterContinental, Hotel Pan Pacific, Best Western Plus Le Vinci Hotel, and Suktara Hotel.
- An air-conditioned car and driver.
- An English-speaking guide.
- All entrance tickets.
- Lunch at a local restaurant with authentic Bangladeshi food.
- Drinking water.
- All rickshaw and boat rides.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
Does not include:
- Pick-up from the South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, FARS Hotel, Asia Hotel & Resort, Ambrosia Guest House, White House Hotel, Hotel Sky City, and the nearby area). If you stay at any of the hotels mentioned above or in the nearby area, you can meet the guide in front of the Best Western Plus Le Vinci Hotel at Kawran Bazar. We’ll drop you off at your hotel at the end of the tour, all right.
- Any food or drinks other than those mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Departures and Availability
Contact us for the Latest Schedule
Important notes on Dhaka (West) Photography Tour
- This tour is NOT available to book on Friday and govt. holidays, because all the bazaars will be closed during these days, so no activity to photograph.
- The itinerary of the Dhaka (West) Photography Tour is just an outline and not fixed. We will adjust it during the tour based on the traffic.
- If booking a private tour, pick-up and drop-off will be available from any part of Dhaka city.
- Dhaka (West) Photography Tour is a complete walking tour. We will transport you to and from the start and end location and one long-distance in the middle with an air-conditioned car. The rest of the sites will be covered on foot. Be prepared to walk a lot and wear shoes accordingly.
- There will be no photography lessons from pro photographers on any of our photography tours. We’ll provide a general English-speaking guide on the tour, who will simply take you to all the places listed in the itinerary, which are very photogenic if you have enough interest.