Tour Duration: Full Day Tour
Tour Attractions: Chittagong Ship Breaking Yards
Best Time to Go: Year Round
Tour Available: Sun, Mon, Wed, Thu (Classic) / Sat-Thu (Comfort)
Next Scheduled Tour: Contact us
The Chittagong ship breaking yards are the final resting places of large commercial vessels from all over the world. Old ships are purchased and then decommissioned by workers who salvage what they can before reducing these great monsters into piles of scrap metal.
A controversial place, for a number of environmental and labor issues, many foreign tourists wish to visit and see for themselves. The yards and workers there were famously photographed by renowned photographer Sebastião Salgado and featured in his photo book ‘Workers’.
On the Chittagong ship-breaking yards tour, you will visit the Chittagong ship-breaking yards together with other interesting places in Chittagong in a single day. Starting and ending at Dhaka, you’ll fly to Chittagong in the morning, visit the attractions there for the whole day and return to Dhaka in the evening by an express train or by plane.
This tour will enable you to visit the Chittagong ship-breaking yards from Dhaka in the shortest possible time.
- Visit Chittagong ship breaking yards and experience the ship breaking activities.
- Visit shipwreck shops for the opportunity to buy some interesting souvenirs.
- Visit Chittagong fishing port – an interesting place full of activities.
- Visit Chittagong Commonwealth World War II Cemetery.
- Ride the best express train of the country.
Itinerary of Chittagong Ship Breaking Yards Tour
- 06.00 – 06.30 AM: Pick-up from hotel in Dhaka and transfer to airport.
- 07.15 – 08.10 AM: Fly to Chittagong.
- 08.40 – 09.20 AM: Visit the fishing port of Chittagong. This is the main hub of the fishing industry in Chittagong and full of activities. A good place for photography.
- 09.30 – 10.00 AM: Late breakfast on a local restaurant with authentic local food. Drive toward Chittagong ship breaking yards area.
- 10.30 – 01.00 PM: Visit the ship breaking yards by a boat through the river and experience the ship breaking activities.
- 01.15 – 01.45 PM: Visit some shipwreck shops where everything coming from the old ships are sold. A good place to buy some souvenirs. Drive toward Chittagong city.
- 02.30 – 03.15 PM: Lunch on a local restaurant with authentic local food.
- 03.30 – 04.00 PM: Visit Chittagong Commonwealth War Cemetery – a burial-ground of the soldiers who died in the Second World War in the eastern front.
- 05.00 – 10.10 PM: Return to Dhaka on Sonar Bangla Express, the best express train in Bangladesh.
- 04.25 – 05.20 PM: Fly to Dhaka. We’ll adjust the itinerary on this case to catch the flight.
- Transfer to hotel from train station / airport in Dhaka upon arrival, say good bye. End of Chittagong Ship Breaking Yards Day Tour.
- Air-conditioned car and driver.
- English speaking guide.
- All site entrance tickets.
- Boat ride to visit Chittagong ship breaking yards.
- Lunch and breakfast on a local restaurant with authentic local food.
- One bottle of drinking water.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
- Pick-up and drop-off outside the North Dhaka area (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area).
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
- Pick-up and drop-off for this tour will not be available from South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, Hotel FARS, Asia Hotel & Resorts, and nearby area).
- Classic package is not available to book on Saturday, Tuesday, or Friday. Comfort package is not available to book only on Friday.
- Light breakfast will be provided on the flight to Chittagong by the airlines.
- We’ll take you to visit the Chittagong ship-breaking yards only from the river by a boat. It will not be possible to visit the ship-breaking yards overland.
- Bring a raincoat for the protection from the ocean spray during the boat ride on the tour and avoiding being wet.
- Specialty of Bengali food is they are spicy, which is the main difference with Indian food. Khichuri (made of rice, lentil, and meat) and Biriani (rice and meat cooked specially with added spice) are two of the most famous foods in Bangladesh – especially Biryani.
- Booking this tour at least two weeks in advance is advised.
- We’ll require the full payment in advance online to book this tour. Details of our online payment system could be found here: How to pay us.
Price of Chittagong Ship Breaking Yards Tour
|Group Size||Classic Package||Comfort Package|