Tour Duration: 3-Day, 2-Night
Tour Attractions: Tea Plantations, Tribal Villages, Trekking, Wildlife
Best time to go: April – November
Tour Available: Round the year except Tuesday
Next Scheduled Tour: 1-3 Apr, 13-15 May, 17-19 Jun, 15-17 Jul, 12-14 Aug, 16-18 Sep, 2019 | 27-29 Apr, 11-13 May, 15-17 Jun, 2020
Srimangal is the tea capital of Bangladesh. This hilly area, with tea estates, lemon orchards, pineapple and rubber plantations, is one of the most picturesque and enjoyable parts of the country. For miles around, tea estates form a perennially green carpet on the sloping hills, and it is the one area (besides the Sundarbans) where it is possible to look around and not see another human being. A few days spent around it’s tea estates and exploring nearby villages and forests will almost certainly rank among your most treasured experiences in Bangladesh.
Srimangal Leisure Tour is for people who want to spend their holiday in relaxation and leisure. This tour is not packed with activities and sight seeing. Instead you pass time here slowly enjoying it’s beauty. You wonder in the numerous tea gardens to enjoy their beauty, visit tribal villages to see their lifestyle, trek through Lawachara National Park to discover wildlife and birds. You’ll be fully relaxed in body and soul after this tour.
Itinerary of Srimangal Leisure Tour
- Pick up from hotel at 06.30 H, transfer to Airport Railway Station. Depart for Srimangal at 07.00 H on 709 Parabat Express. Arrive Srimangal around 11.00 H, transfer to the resort.
- In the afternoon, walk through the trails inside tea gardens, visit some pineapple gardens and lemon orchards. Also show you the tea deposit activities on a tea garden before sunset (if available) when female workers gather to deposit their tea leaves which they collected during the whole day, which is photogenic.
- Visit a colony of tea workers if time permits.
- After dinner, we’ll take you to Nilkontho Tea cabin to taste the famous 7 layer tea of Srimangal.
- Overnight at Srimangal (Nisorgo Eco Resort)
- Early morning, go for a rewarding wildlife trekking through the Lawachara National Park. We’ll take the 03 hours trail for the maximum opportunity to see wildlife, specially the Hollock Gibbons for which this forest is famous for.
- In the afternoon visit Baikka Beal, an wetland sanctuary for the migratory birds and paradise for the bird lovers.
- Overnight at Srimangal (Nisorgo Eco Resort)
- Morning is free to do anything you like on your own.
- Transfer to railway station, and depart for Dhaka at 10.31 H on 718 Jayantika Express (Thu Off) / 09.10 H on 774 Kalani Express. Arrive Dhaka around 16.00 H / 13.55 H, transfer to hotel.
- End of the tour.
Price of Srimangal Leisure Tour
|Group Size||Classic Package|
|Dhaka - Srimangal Transfer||1st Class Train
(4 hrs, Air-Conditioned)
|Accommodation at Srimangal||Nisorgo Eco Resort
(Basic bamboo/brick cottage, Complementary breakfast, non-ac/ac room, Western style toilet, Hot water, Wi-Fi on lobby)
Inclusions and Exclusions
- 2 Night accommodation at Srimangal on twin sharing basis, with complementary breakfast.
- Tuk-Tuk for all local travel at Srimangal.
- Dhaka – Srimangal Return train ticket.
- Train Station return transfer at Dhaka.
- English Speaking guide.
- All site entrance tickets.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from outside the North Dhaka area as mentioned bellow.
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Notes on Srimangal Leisure Tour
- Pick-up and drop-off for this tour will be available from North Dhaka area only (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area).
- Tour is not available to start on Tuesday, as Tuesday is the off day for Parabat Express, and Thursday is off day for Jayantika Express (return train).
- 1st class train tickets depends on availability. We’ll try our best to get first class tickets for you. But if that is not possible, you’ll have a reserved seat on 2nd class.
- It is common for the train from Srimangal to Dhaka to be 01-02 hrs late. But no matter when it arrives at Dhaka, our driver will be waiting for you in the station to take you to your hotel/residence.
- Only brick cottages at Nisorgo Eco Resort have air-conditioning. If you need air-conditioning and want to stay on the brick cottages, let us know during booking. Bamboo cottages do not have air-conditioning, but have fan.
- Wearing shorts for both men and women will not be any problem in Srimangal.
- Best time to travel:
- April – November: You’ll see female tribal workers picking tea on numerous tea gardens at Srimangal, which is very picturesque. Best time of the year to travel.
- November – March: Weather is cool and comfortable, and less humid.