Location: Chittagong, Rangamati, Bandarban
Tour Attractions: Life in the Chittagong Hill Tracts region
Best Time To Go: October – March
Tour Available: Year Round / Any day start
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Check Bellow
Chittagong Hill Tracts Tour will take you on a journey into the extraordinary landscapes of the Chittagong Hill Tracts in Bangladesh, a land known for its hilly topography, contrasting the nation’s usual plains. Home to diverse indigenous groups, this tour offers a rich tapestry of unique cultures and traditions. Your voyage will immerse you into the heart of tribal villages, showcasing daily life and customs and the vibrant tribal bazaars, a sensory feast of sights, sounds, and aromas reflecting the local culture. Also, enjoy a tranquil boat ride on the scenic Kaptai Lake and Sangu River, where the stunning vistas of lush greenery, majestic hills, and serene waters encapsulate the region’s enchanting spirit.
Starting in Dhaka, you’ll embark on an early morning flight to Chittagong. There, you will visit the War Cemetery, a historical site paying homage to those who lost their lives during World War II. A scenic drive from Chittagong will then lead you to Rangamati, a vibrant area known for its rich tribal culture.
In Rangamati, your senses will be awakened at a tribal bazaar dominated by the Chakma tribe and full of activities. Also, visit the Rajban Bihar, one of the largest Buddhist monasteries in Bangladesh, reflecting the spiritual essence of the area. Following this, the Chittagong Hill Tracts Tour will take you on a serene boat ride across Kaptai Lake, where the region’s natural beauty truly comes alive, before proceeding to Bandarban.
The following day is reserved for immersing yourself in the lifestyles of the indigenous tribes of Bandarban. These tribal villages are unique, each with its customs, traditions, and lifestyle. The exploration offers an opportunity to interact with the tribes and understand their way of life more intimately.
The next day starts with a peaceful boat ride on the Sangu River. Feel the early morning serenity of the river, lined with lush forests on both sides. Also, visit a Marma tribal village and experience its unique lifestyle. After a refreshing lunch, drive back to Chittagong and take a flight to Dhaka, concluding a tour that enriches and leaves you with unforgettable memories.
Highlights of Chittagong Hill Tracts Tour
- Visit the villages of different tribes in the Chittagong Hill-Tracts and experience their cultures, which are different from the mainstream Bengali people.
- Visit various tribal bazaars and meet people from different indigenous groups in Chittagong Hill-Tracts, in traditional outfits, which are rare to see at other times.
- Visit tribal handicraft markets and get an opportunity to directly buy authentic textiles from the tribal people in Chittagong Hill-Tracts, who hand-weaved them on their looms.
- Have pleasant boat rides on the beautiful Lake Kaptai and River Sangu and enjoy the activities there.
- Visit the World War II Cemetery in Chittagong.
A map of the 4-day Chittagong Hill Tracts Tour with Nijhoom Tours.
Itinerary of Chittagong Hill Tracts Tour
Price of Chittagong Hill Tracts Tour
- 4+ Pax Gruop: $695 US Per Person
- 2-3 Pax Group: Please contact us for the price
- Private Tour: Please contact us for the price
- Single Supplement: $75 US
Inclusions and Exclusions
Chittagong Hill Tracts Tour Includes:
- Arranging foreigners’ permits for visiting Rangamati and Bandarban.
- Pick-up and drop-off from the North Dhaka area (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area only).
- All accommodations as mentioned in the itinerary with complimentary breakfast on a twin-sharing basis.
- All internal flights.
- An air-conditioned car, and driver.
- An English-speaking guide.
- All entrance tickets.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from the South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, FARS Hotel, Asia Hotel & Resort, Ambrosia Guest House, White House Hotel, Hotel Sky City, Suktara Hotel, and the nearby area).
- Any food or drinks other than those mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Departures and Availability
|September 18-21, 2023
|$75 Off-Season Discount
Also Included In
Chittagong Hill Tracts Tour is included in our longer holiday packages. You can book one of these packages too to enjoy this tour: