Tour Duration: 05 Days 04 Nights
Location: Dhaka, Sonargaon, Dhamrai
Tour Attractions: Sights, People, and Culture of Dhaka and around
Best time to go: Round the year
Tour Available: Round the year
Next Scheduled Tour: N/A
[contentblock id=holiday-booking-button price=”$280 USD*”]
Visit all the key attractions inside and around Dhaka, the capital city of Bangladesh. Ride rickshaw, enjoy boat ride on river Buriganga and Meghna. Visit the ancient capital Sonargaon, abandoned merchant city Panam, Folk-arts and Crafts Museum, and the simple life of the farmers on a river island. See people making pottery from many generations on an entire village, and making amazing brass statues in ancient lost wax technique at Dhamrai.
If you have limited time in hand and still want to experience Bangladesh, this is the perfect tour to take. You can visit all the major attractions and experience the activities inside and in the outskirts of Dhaka city. This is an arrival to departure package, including hotel and airport transfers. If you have an evening flight in the last day, price for the last night’s accommodation will be deducted from the tour price.
[pwaplusphp album=”InAndAroundDhaka” images_per_page=”8″ thumbnail_size=”71″]
Itinerary of In and Around Dhaka
- A guide of us will meet you inside the airport, pick you up, and transfer to hotel.
- Overnight at Dhaka
Day-02: New and Old Dhaka
- Today you’ll visit New and Old Dhaka whole day. You’ll visit outside of National Assembly Building (Parliament Building), Dhakeswari Temple, Lalbagh Fort, Khan Muhammed Mridha Mosque, Star Mosque, Armenian Church, Shakhari Bazar (Hindu Street), Ahsan Manzil (Pink Palace), and Sadarghat River Station.
- You’ll also ride rickshaw in the narrow streets of Old Dhaka, have boat ride in the live and vibrant river Buriganga, and taste famous Old Dhaka food on lunch.
- Overnight at Dhaka.
Day-03: Old Capital Sonargaon
- After breakfast, drive to old capital of Bengal region – Sonargaon. Visit Folk-Arts museum, abandoned merchant city Panam, and a beautiful mosque from Sultanade period – Goaldi Mosque.
- You’ll also visit a school fully made of bamboo for the children of the neglected lower class Hindu society (consider bringing some pencil/chocolate for the children as charity). After that we’ll take you to visit a Char (small river island) to experience the traditional life of farmers. Drive to Dhaka (02 hrs).
- Overnight at Dhaka.
Day-04: Pottery Village and Brass Workshop at Dhamrai
- Drive to Dhamrai after breakfast (02 hrs). Take a 30 min boat ride to reach the pottery village. Visit the village and see how they make pottery in traditional way from many of their generations on the entire village. You’ll also get a chance to make your hands dirty trying to make pots there.
- 30 min boat ride and 15 min drive to visit a pottery market and lunch. Pottery is a dying trade in Bangladesh, and the new generation potters are leaving their trade because they can not make enough money to survive. Consider buying some pottery to support them. They are cheap and beautiful.
- Visit a brass workshop to see how they make amazing statues with brass in ancient lost wax technique which is a rare thing now a days anywhere in the world. You can buy some great souvenir from here if you like. Drive to Dhaka (02 hrs).
- Overnight at Dhaka.
- Transfer to airport according to your flight, say good bye.
- End of the tour.
Price of In and Around Dhaka
[table “15” not found /]
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Tour includes:
- Airport return transfer with air-conditioned car.
- 04 Nights accommodation in Dhaka as per package type.
- Air-conditioned car, driver, English speaking guide.
- All site entrance tickets.
- 04 Complementary breakfast from hotel, 03 Lunch on a descent local restaurant (authentic local food).
- All rickshaw and boat rides.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
- Does not include any drink, beverage, or any personal item.
- You should wear modest clothing to enter mosques (long sleeves and legs – half sleeves OK for men). Women should have a scarf to cover their head. Otherwise you can not enter mosques anywhere in Bangladesh. Also you need to off your shoes before entering any mosque or temple.
- Specialty of Bengali food is they are spicy, which is the main difference with Indian food. Khichuri (made of rice, lentil, and meat) and Biriani (rice and meat cooked specially with added spice) are two of the most famous foods of Old Dhaka – specially Biriani.
- We can take you to a western restaurant if you wish (only on a private tour) on your own expenses.
- Only on Saturdays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays all of the sights in Old Dhaka will be open. Ahsan Manzil will be closed on Thursdays and opens after 03.00 pm in Fridays. Lalbagh Fort will be closed on Sundays, and opens after 02.00 pm at Mondays. Rest of the sites are open 07 days a week.
- Folk-Arts Museum at Sonargaon will be closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Ahsan Manzil, Lalbagh Fort, and Folk-Arts Museum will be closed on any government holidays. You can visit them from outside though during these days.
- We will re-arrange the itinerary based on the holidays of different sites.
- There could be incredible traffic in Dhaka some time when everything stops in every intersection. You could be stopped on the same place for a long time without even moving. Be prepared to walk a lot, and wear shoes accordingly. Traffic is little bit lighter on Fridays and Saturdays, being week-ends.
- Pick-up time will be 9.00 am during Fridays, Saturdays, and other govt. holidays, as there would be less traffic on the streets during these days. For hotels located in the southern part of Dhaka city (Hotel 71, FARS, Pacific), pickup time will be at 9.00 am (changeable upon request) for In and Around Dhaka Tour.
- We’ll require the full payment in advance by credit card to book this tour. Details of our online payment system could be found here: Online payment FAQs. No booking is confirmed with us until we receive the advance payment.
Remarks on In and Around Dhaka