Tour Duration: 2-Day, 1-Night
Location: Rajshahi, Bagha, and Puthia
Tour Attractions: Mosque, Temples, and Palaces of Bagha and Puthia
Best time to go: October – March
Tour Available: Year round except Saturday & Monday
Next Scheduled Tour: 16-17 Aug, 27-28 Sep, 2019 | 3-4 Apr, 22-23 May, 19-20 Jun, 2020
Puthia is a small village in north-western Bangladesh in Rajshahi, full of dilapidated palaces and bewitching temples. The largest number of historical temples are located here ornate with beautiful terracotta describing epic Hindu stories and the everyday life of people. Bagha Mosque is the most beautiful terracotta mosque in Bangladesh from the 16th century.
In the Temple Village Tour, we’ll take you to visit the beautiful mosque, temples, and places of Bagha and Puthia. Also, you’ll visit the Barendra Research Museum in Rajshahi, the oldest museum of the country full of archaeological artifacts, and learn about the process of making the finest quality Rajshahi Silk by visiting a factory and showroom. Perfect tour to spend two days in Bangladesh exploring some of it’s best archeological sights.
- Visit the bewitching historical temples and the palaces of Puthia.
- Visit the most beautiful terracotta mosque in Bangladesh.
- Visit country’s oldest museum full of archaeological artifacts.
- Learn the process of making the famous Rajshahi silk.
- Get opportunity to buy the finest quality silk products perfect for souvenirs.
Itinerary of Temple Village Tour
- Pick up from hotel/residence at 06.00 H, transfer to Airport Railway Station, and take 769 Dhumketue Express at 06.30 H to Rajshahi. Arrive Rajshahi around 11.50 H, transfer to hotel.
- After check-in, freshen up, and lunch, visit Varendra Research Museum, which is the oldest museum in the country rich in its collection of archaeological artifacts.
- Visit a silk factory in Rajshahi afterward to learn about the whole production of the famous Rajshahi Silk. Approximately 100,000 people are directly or indirectly employed in the silk industry in Rajshahi. We’ll also take you to visit a showroom of silk products, from where you can buy some finest quality silk sari, salwar-kamiz, panjabi, handkerchief, etc.
- Overnight at Rajshahi (Hotel Chez Razzak).
- After breakfast, drive to Bagha (42 km, 1.5 hrs) and visit Bagha Mosque. This magnificent mosque was built in 1523 A.D. by the Sultan of Bengal Nasiruddin Nasrat Shah. Ornet with beautiful terracotta, Bagha Mosque is one of the most beautiful mosques in current day’s Bangladesh.
- Drive to Puthia (21 km, 45 mins) and visit its beautiful temples and palaces. The largest number of historical temples of Bangladesh is located in Puthia most of which were built in the 19th century.
- Drive to Rajshahi (45 mins), have late lunch, late check-out from hotel, and transfer to the train station.
- Return to Dhaka on 760 Padma Express leaving at 16.00 H. Arrive Dhaka around 21.20 H, transfer to hotel/residence.
- End of the tour.
Price of Temple Village Tour
|Group Size||Tour Price|
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Pick-up and drop-off from North Dhaka area (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area only).
- 1 Night accommodation at Rajshahi as described in the itinerary on twin sharing basis, with complementary breakfast and late check-out.
- Dhaka – Rajshahi 1st class return train tickets.
- Air-conditioned car, driver, and English speaking guide.
- All site entrance tickets.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, FARS Hotel, Asia Hotel & Resort, Ambrosia Guest House, White House Hotel, Hotel Sky City, Suktara Hotel, and the nearby area).
- Any food, drinks, or any personal item.
Notes on Temple Village Tour
- Tour is not available to start on Saturday and Monday, as Saturday is the off day for 769 Dhumketue Express and Tuesday is off day for 760 Padma Express.
- 1st class train tickets depending on availability. We’ll try our best to get first class tickets for you. But if that is not possible, you’ll have a reserved seat on 2nd class.
- It is common for the trains in Bangladesh to be 1-2 hrs late.
- Tuk-Tuk will be used as local transport to visit sites inside Rajshahi city on Day-1 and air-conditioned car will be used on Day-2 to visit Bagha and Puthia.
- Best time to travel:
- October – March: Weather will be cool and comfortable, and less humid.
- We’ll require the full payment in advance to book this tour. Details of our online payment system could be found here: Online payment FAQs.