Location: Old Dhaka, Bagerhat, and Khulna
Tour Attractions: Life in Old Dhaka, 60 Dome Mosque
Best time to go: October – March
Tour Availability: Every Day – Year Round
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Check Bellow
An overnight journey from Dhaka to Barisal/Hularhat on a passenger ferry, including full-day sightseeing at New & Old Dhaka, and visiting 60 Dome Mosque and Kodla Moth at Bagerhat. Greatest opportunity to discover the riverine beauty of Bangladesh in this Dhaka & Bagerhat Tour, recommended by popular travel guides including Bradt and LonelyPlanet.
On this tour, we take you to visit the New & Old Dhaka the whole day and embark on a passenger ferry in the evening. After a relaxing overnight journey, we take you to visit the 15th-century Muslim city Bagerhat the next day. You Return to Dhaka on the 3rd day by train/flight. This tour is all about relaxing and enjoying the natural beauty and archaeological sites in Bangladesh.
You can easily combine this tour with visiting India. Instead of returning to Dhaka, we can transfer you to Benapole/Petrapole border to cross over to Kolkata which is very close to Khulna.
- Overnight journey on a passenger ferry to Barisal/Hularhat.
- Explore new and Old Dhaka the whole day.
- Rickshaw ride on narrow streets of Dhaka.
- Boat ride on live and vibrant river Buriganga.
- Explore UNESCO world heritage city Bagerhat for whole day.
- Ride a Bangladeshi train – a unique experience.
Itinerary of Dhaka & Bagerhat Tour
- A guide of ours will meet you at your hotel lobby at 09.00 H to pick you up, and will head toward Old Dhaka. You’ll visit key tourist attractions in New and Old Dhaka the whole day, including Dhakeshwari Temple, Lalbagh Fort, Khan Mohammad Mridha Mosque, Armenian Church, Star Mosque, Ahsan Manzil, and Sadarghat River Station.
- Stop for lunch at a descent local restaurant in Old Dhaka, and continue site-seeing.
- Enjoy a short boat ride at river Buriganga in the evening on a wooden boat to feel the rithom of the live and vibrant river and enjoy sunset.
- Embark a passenger ferry at Sadarghat River Station at 18.00 H. A memorable overnight journey in the passenger ferry to Barisal.
- Overnight at the passenger ferry (Sleeping cabin)
- Disembark from the passenger ferry at Barisal/Hularhat early in the morning.
- Drive towards Bagerhat (1-3 hrs) in an air-conditioned car and visit the Mosque City of Bagerhat, a 15th-century Muslim city once called Khalifatabad, which is the present-day Bagerhat and is a UNESCO protected world heritage site.
- You’ll visit most of the remaining mosques from the lost city the whole day, including the Sixty Dome Mosque, Nine Dome Mosque, Rono Bijoypur Mosque, and Singair Mosque. Also, we’ll take you to visit the shrine of Khan Jahan Ali, the saint general of Turkish origin who came to spread Islam in this region and founded this great city; and Kodla Moth – a very beautiful Hindu temple from the 17th century. Drive to Khulna (1 hr).
- Overnight at Khulna (Hotel City Inn).
- Classic Package:
After breakfast, transfer to Khulna Railway Station. Depart for Dhaka on 08.40 H Chitra Express. Arrive Dhaka around 18.00 H.
Drive toward Jessore at 09.00 H (2 hrs). Fly to Dhaka on 12.05 H flight (1 hr).
- Transfer to hotel from train station / airport at Dhaka.
- End of the tour.
Price of Dhaka & Bagerhat Tour
|Group Size||Classic Package||Comfort Package|
|Facilities||Classic Package||Comfort Package|
|Dhaka - Barisal/Hularhat Transfer||Sleeping cabin on passenger ferry.||Same as Classic Package|
|Hotel at Khulna||City Inn Hotel||Same as Classic Package|
|Khulna - Dhaka Transfer||1st Class Chair on Train (Air-Conditioned, 10 hrs)||Khulna - Jessore by air-conditioned car (2 hrs), 12.05 H Flight from Jessore (1 hr)|
Inclusions and Exclusions
- All site entrance tickets.
- Rickshaw and boat ride in Dhaka.
- 1st class cabin on the passenger ferry on twin sharing basis.
- Breakfast at a local restaurant in Barisal.
- Air-conditioned car for sight seeing at Bagerhat and transfer to hotel at Khulna.
- One night accommodation in Khulna on twin sharing basis with complementary breakfast.
- 1st class train ticket from Khulna to Dhaka (Classic Package).
- Khulna – Jessore Airport transfer on air-conditioned car, and Jessore – Dhaka economy class flight ticket (Comfort Package).
- Airport / Train Station to Hotel transfer in Dhaka by air-conditioned car (For Dhaka North area only – Gulshan, Banani, Baridhara, Nikunja, and Uttara).
- All tips except our guide and driver.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from outside the North Dhaka area as mentioned bellow.
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Important Notes on Dhaka & Bagerhat Tour
- Pick-up and drop of for this tour will be available from North Dhaka area only (Gulshan, Banani, Baridhara, Nikunja, and Uttara area).
- The Classic package of this tour is not available to start on Saturday, because Monday is the holiday for the train from Khulna to Dhaka. If you do not plan to return to Dhaka or want to fly back to Dhaka (Comfort Package), you can start the tour on Saturday.
- 1st class tickets of train depends on availability. You might have to travel in the 2nd class if the 1st class is not available.
- In case of traveling on the 2nd class of train, you’ll have a reserved seat.
- Booking this tour at least three weeks in advance is advised.
Departures and Availability
- No scheduled departures. You can book anytime.