Tour Duration: 3-Day, 2-Night
Location: Rajshahi, Puthia, Kusumba, Paharpur, Sariakandi
Tour Attractions: Best archaeological sites of Rajshahi
Best time to go: October – March
Tour Available: Year round except Saturday
Next Scheduled Tour: 11-13 July, 2019
Experience life and sights of north-western Bangladesh where the best archaeological sights of the country are located. Start with visiting Puthia, a village full of bewitching temples ornate with beautiful terracotta describing epic Hindu stories. After that, visit Kusumba Mosque, a beautiful stone-built mosque from the 16th century, and Somapura Mahavihara – the second largest Buddhist monastery south of Himalayas from 8th century and a UNESCO world heritage site.
Also, visit a Santhal tribal village and experience their lifestyle, and the largest bazaar in north-western Bangladesh, which is full of activities and a great place for photography. Afterward, ride a traditional boat and visit a char (sandbank island) of river Jamuna (Brahmaputra) at Sariakandi to experience how people live there struggling with the natural disasters. A tour to experience the very best that north-western Bangladesh has to offer.
- Visit the bewitching historical temples and the palaces of Puthia.
- Visit a beautiful stone-built mosque from the 16th century.
- Visit an 8th century Buddhist monastery, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Experience the lifestyle of the Santhal tribe by visiting a village of them.
- Visit the largest bazaar of north-western Bangladesh full of activities.
- Visit a Char (sandbank island) of river Brahmaputra to experience how people live there struggling with natural disasters.
Itinerary of Best of Rajshahi
- Pick up from hotel at 06.00 H, transfer to Airport Railway Station, and take 769 Dhumketue Express at 06.30 H to Rajshahi. Arrive Rajshahi around 11.50 H, transfer to hotel.
- After check-in, freshen up, and lunch, drive to Puthia (22 km, 30 mins) and visit its beautiful temples and palaces. Largest number of historical temples of Bangladesh are located in Puthia. Back to Rajshahi in the evening.
- Overnight at Rajshahi (Hotel Chez Razzak)
- After breakfast, drive to Kusumba (50 km, 1.5 hrs). Visit Kusumba Mosque, a beautiful stone-built mosque built in 1558-59 AD. This is one of the six remaining stone-built mosques from the Sultanate period in greater Bengal, which is very well preserved.
- Drive to Paharpur (60 km, 1.5 hrs) and visit Somapura Mahavihara, a Buddhist monastery from the 8th century and a UNESCO world heritage site. This is the most impressive archaeological site in Bangladesh.
- Drive to Bogra (70 km, 02 hrs). Visit a Santal tribal village en route to experience their lifestyle; also visit the largest bazaar of the region full of activities.
- Overnight at Bogra (Hotel Naz Garden)
- After breakfast, drive to Sariakandi (42 km, 1 hr). Visit some chars (sandbank islands) of river Jamuna (Brahmaputra) and see how people live on those small islands struggling with the natural disasters.
- Drive back to Bogra, have lunch.
- Drive to Dhaka (180 km, 7 hrs), drop off at your hotel/residence in the late evening.
- End of the tour.
Price of Best of Rajshahi
|Group Size||Classic Package|
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Pick-up and drop-off from North Dhaka area (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area only).
- 2 Nights accommodation at Rajshahi and Bogra as described in the itinerary on twin sharing basis, with complementary breakfast.
- Dhaka – Rajshahi 1st class train ticket.
- Air-conditioned car, driver, and English speaking guide.
- All site entrance tickets.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, FARS Hotel, Asia Hotel & Resort, Ambrosia Guest House, White House Hotel, Hotel Sky City, Suktara Hotel, and the nearby area).
- Any food, drinks, or any personal item.
Important Notes on Best of Rajshahi
- Tour is not available to start on Saturday, as Saturday is the off day for 769 Dhumketue Express. However, it is possible to start the tour on Saturday, on which case we will drive you to Rajshahi instead of taking the train and visit Puthia on the way.
- 1st class train tickets depending on availability. We’ll do our best to get the first class tickets for you. But if that is not possible, you’ll have a reserved seat on the 2nd class.
- It is common for the trains in Bangladesh to be 1-2 hrs late.
- Wearing shorts will not be allowed to enter Kusumba Mosque. Women need to wear long sleeves and cover head with a scarf while visiting any mosque. In other places, wearing shorts will not be any problem.
- Best time to travel:
- October – March: Weather will be cool and comfortable, and less humid.
- We’ll require the full payment in advance to book this tour. Details of our online payment system could be found here: Online payment FAQs.