Tour Duration: 3-Day, 2-Night
Location: Rajshahi, Puthia, Kusumba, Paharpur, Sariakandi
Tour Attractions: Best archaeological sites of Rajshahi
Best time to go: October – March
Tour Available: Round the year except Saturday & Wednesday
Next Scheduled Tour: N/A
Despite being a very small country compared to it’s neighbors, Bangladesh has many impressive archaeological sites to offer. Most of them are located in Rajshahi division, the north-western part of the country. In this tour we will take you to visit the best archaeological sites of the Rajshahi division on the shortest possible time.
We’ll start by visiting the temple village Puthia where the highest number of historical temples are located. After that you’ll visit Kusumba Mosque, a beautiful stone-built mosque from medieval period, and Somapura Mahavihara – the second largest monastery south of Himalayas from 8th century and a UNESCO world heritage site. Visit a village of Santal tribe to experience their lifestyle and a bazaar full of activities en route.
Also we will take you to experience the life on the chars (river islands) of mighty river Jamuna at Sariakandi. Here you can see how people live struggling against the nature because of continuous landslides by the river. This is the tour you need to do to experience the best of what the Rajshahi division has to offer.
Itinerary of Best of Rajshahi
- Pick up from hotel at 06.00 H, transfer to Airport Railway Station, and take 769 Dhumketue Express at 06.30 H to Rajshahi. Arrive Rajshahi around 11.50 H, transfer to hotel.
- After check-in, freshen up, and lunch, drive to Puthia (22 km, 30 mins) and visit its beautiful temples and palaces. Largest number of historical temples of Bangladesh are located in Puthia. Back to Rajshahi in the evening.
- Overnight at Rajshahi (Hotel Nice)
- After breakfast, drive to Kusumba (50 km, 1.5 hrs). Visit Kusumba Mosque, a beautiful stone-built mosque from medieval period. This is one of the six remaining stone-built mosques from the Sultanate period in Bengal, which is very well preserved.
- Drive to Paharpur (60 km, 1.5 hrs) and visit Somapura Mahavihara, a Buddhist monastery from 8th century and a UNESCO world heritage site. This is the most impressive archaeological site in Bangladesh.
- Drive to Bogra (70 km, 02 hrs). Visit a Santal tribal village en route to experience their lifestyle; also visit a local bazaar.
- Overnight at Bogra (Hotel Naz Garden)
- After breakfast, drive to Sariakandi (42 km, 1 hr). Visit some chars (river islands) of river Jamuna and see how people live on those small islands struggling with the natural disasters.
- Drive back to Bogra, have lunch.
- Drive to Dhaka (180 km, 7 hrs), drop at your hotel/residence in the later evening.
- End of the tour.
Price of Best of Rajshahi
|Group Size||Classic Package|
Inclusions and Exclusions
- 2 Night accommodation at Rajshahi and Bogra described in the itinerary on twin sharing basis, with complementary breakfast.
- Dhaka – Rajshahi and Bogra – Dhaka 1st class train ticket.
- Air-conditioned car, driver, English speaking guide.
- All site entrance tickets.
- Transfer to train station at Dhaka (Dhaka North only – Gulshan, Banani, Baridhara, Uttara area).
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from outside the North Dhaka area as mentioned bellow.
- Any food, drinks, or any personal item.
Important Notes on Best of Rajshahi
- Pick-up and drop-off for this tour will be available from North Dhaka area only (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area).
- Tour is not available to start on Saturday and Wednesday, as Saturday is the off day for 769 Dhumketue Express and Friday is off day for 752 Lalmoni Express. It is possible to start the tour on Wednesday, on which case we will drive you to Dhaka on Day-3 from Bogra, which is not recommended as there will be tremendous traffic on the road and road condition is bad.
- 1st class train tickets depend on availability. We’ll try our best to get first class tickets for you. But if that is not possible, you’ll have a reserved seat on 2nd class.
- It is common for the trains in Bangladesh to be 1-2 hrs late.
- Wearing shorts will not be allowed to enter Kusumba Mosque. Women need to wear long sleeves while visiting the mosques. In other places, wearing shorts will not be any problem.
- Best time to travel:
- October – March: Weather will be cool and comfortable, and less humid.
- We’ll require the full payment in advance to book this tour. Details of our online payment system could be found here: Online payment FAQs.