Location: Puthia, Bagha, Rajshahi, Kusumba, Paharpur, Bogra
Tour Attractions: Best archaeological sites of Rajshahi
Best Time To Go: October – March
Tour Availability: Year Round / Any Day Start Except Sunday
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Check Bellow
Immerse in Rajshahi region’s rich history and vibrant culture on our Best of Rajshahi tour. Explore the temple-studded village of Puthia and the medieval Bagha and Kusumba Mosque, exhibiting intricate terracotta and stone craftsmanship. Marvel at the grandeur of the 8th-century Somapura Mahavihara in Paharpur, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Visit a Santhal tribal village to experience indigenous lifestyles. Thrive in the bustling energy of northwestern Bangladesh’s largest wholesale vegetable market. Conclude with the ancient city of Mahasthangarh. This tour encapsulates the best of Rajshahi in a short span, offering a rich, immersive experience.
The journey begins in the serene village of Puthia, home to a cluster of remarkable temples, each with its unique architectural design. Here, you’ll admire the ornate terracotta work and learn about the religious history that has shaped this peaceful community. The exploration continues to the medieval Bagha and Kusumba Mosques. Marvel at the exquisite stone and terracotta work that adorns these historical mosques. Discover the rich Islamic heritage and architectural beauty preserved through the centuries.
Next, we will take you to the Somapura Mahavihara in Paharpur, a UNESCO World Heritage site. This 8th-century Buddhist monastery complex stands as a testament to the grandeur of the past. Wander around the extensive ruins, and feel the ancient wisdom echoing through the corridors. Experience a slice of tribal life in a Santhal village afterward, where tradition and culture are beautifully preserved. Learn about their unique customs, rituals, and way of life. You’ll find their close-knit community life and rich cultural heritage fascinating.
We will also guide you through the thrumming heart of northwestern Bangladesh’s largest wholesale vegetable market. Experience the hustle and bustle, witness the vibrant colors and freshness of the local produce, and gain an authentic insight into the daily life of the local traders.
Finally, we will conclude the tour at Mahasthangarh, one of Bangladesh’s earliest urban archaeological sites. Explore the ruins of this ancient city, learn about its historical significance, and enjoy a panoramic view of the surrounding countryside. This enriching journey through Rajshahi promises to leave you with memories of a lifetime and a deep appreciation of its cultural heritage.
- Journey through time as you explore Mahasthangarh, Bangladesh’s oldest city from the 3rd century BC.
- Marvel at a UNESCO World Heritage Site – the second-largest Buddhist monastery south of the Himalayas, from the 8th century.
- Admire the terracotta and stone carvings of two medieval Islamic mosques.
- Discover Puthia’s colonial-era Hindu temples adorned with stunning terracotta and the palace.
- Experience the unique culture of the Santhal tribe in a village visit.
- Capture the bustling energy and vibrant scenes of the largest bazaar in northwestern Bangladesh, a treasure trove for photography enthusiasts.
A map of the 3-day Best of Rajshahi Tour with Nijhoom Tours to experience the very best of northwestern Bangladesh.
Itinerary of Best of Rajshahi
Price of Best of Rajshahi
- 4+ People Gruop: $455 US Per Person
- 2-3 People Group: Please contact us for the price
- Private Tour: Please contact us for the price
- Single Supplement: $60 US
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Pick-up and drop-off from the North Dhaka area (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area only).
- All accommodations as mentioned in the itinerary with complimentary breakfast on a twin-sharing basis.
- An air-conditioned car, and driver
- An English-speaking guide.
- All entrance tickets.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from the South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, FARS Hotel, Asia Hotel & Resort, Ambrosia Guest House, White House Hotel, Hotel Sky City, Suktara Hotel, and the nearby area).
- Any food or drinks other than those mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Departures and Availability
Also Included In
Best of Rajshahi Tour is included in our longer holiday packages. You can book one of these packages too to enjoy this tour: