Tour Duration: 1-Day Tour
Tour Attractions: Chittagong Ship Breaking Yard in Bangladesh (Ship Graveyard)
Best Time to Go: Year Round
Tour Available: Sun, Mon, Wed, Thu (Classic) / Sat-Thu (Comfort)
Next Scheduled Tour: Not Available To Book
Chittagong Ship Breaking Yard Tour will enable you to visit the Chittagong ship graveyard from Dhaka in the shortest possible time.
The Chittagong shipbreaking yard is the final resting place (ship graveyard) of large commercial vessels from all over the world. Old ships are purchased and then decommissioned by workers who salvage what they can before reducing these great monsters into piles of scrap metal.
A controversial place, for a number of environmental and labor issues, and many foreign tourists wish to visit and see for themselves. The yards and workers there were famously photographed by renowned photographer Sebastião Salgado and featured in his photo book ‘Workers’.
On the Chittagong ship Breaking Yard Tour, you will visit the Chittagong ship graveyard together with other interesting places in Chittagong in a single day. Starting and ending at Dhaka, you’ll fly to Chittagong in the morning, visit the attractions there for the whole day and return to Dhaka in the evening by an express train or on a flight.
Highlights of Chittagong Ship Breaking Yard Tour
- Visit Chittagong ship breaking yard (ship graveyard) and experience the ship breaking activities.
- Visit shipwreck shops for an opportunity to buy some interesting souvenirs.
- Visit Chittagong fishing port – an interesting place full of activities.
- Visit Chittagong Commonwealth World War II Cemetery.
- Ride the best express train of the country.
Itinerary of Chittagong Ship Breaking Yard Tour
- 06.00 – 06.30 AM: Pick-up from hotel in Dhaka and transfer to airport.
- 07.15 – 08.10 AM: Fly to Chittagong.
- 08.40 – 09.20 AM: Visit the fishing port of Chittagong. This is the main hub of the fishing industry in Chittagong and full of activities. A good place for photography.
- 09.30 – 10.00 AM: Late breakfast on a local restaurant with authentic local food. Drive toward Chittagong ship breaking yard (ship graveyard) area.
- 10.30 – 01.00 PM: Visit the ship graveyard by a boat through the river and experience the ship breaking activities.
- 01.15 – 01.45 PM: Visit some shipwreck shops where everything coming from the old ships are sold. A good place to buy some souvenirs. Drive toward Chittagong city.
- 02.30 – 03.15 PM: Lunch on a local restaurant with authentic local food.
- 03.30 – 04.00 PM: Visit Chittagong Commonwealth War Cemetery – a burial-ground of the soldiers who died in the Second World War in the eastern front.
- 05.00 – 10.10 PM: Return to Dhaka on Sonar Bangla Express, the best express train in Bangladesh.
- 04.25 – 05.20 PM: Fly to Dhaka. We’ll adjust the itinerary on this case to catch the flight.
- Transfer to hotel from train station / airport in Dhaka upon arrival, say goodbye. End of the tour.
- Air-conditioned car and driver.
- English speaking guide.
- All site entrance tickets.
- Boat ride to visit Chittagong ship breaking yards.
- Lunch and breakfast on a local restaurant with authentic local food.
- One bottle of drinking water.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
- Pick-up and drop-off outside the North Dhaka area (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area).
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
- Pick-up and drop-off for this tour will not be available from the South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, Hotel FARS, Asia Hotel & Resorts, and nearby area).
- Classic package is not available to book on Saturday, Tuesday, or Friday. Comfort package is not available to book only on Friday.
- Light breakfast will be provided on the flight to Chittagong by the airlines.
- We’ll take you to visit the Chittagong ship graveyard only from the river by boat. It will not be possible to visit the ship breaking yard overland.
- Bring a raincoat for protection from the ocean spray during the boat ride on the tour and avoiding being wet.
- Specialty of Bengali food is they are spicy, which is the main difference with Indian food. Khichuri (made of rice, lentil, and meat) and Biriani (rice and meat cooked specially with added spice) are two of the most famous foods in Bangladesh – especially Biryani.
- Booking this tour at least two weeks in advance is advised.
- We’ll require the full payment in advance online to book this tour. Details of our online payment system could be found here: How to pay us.
Price of Chittagong Ship Breaking Yard Tour
Inclusions and Exclusions
Does not include:
Departures and Availability
Contact us for the Latest Schedule
FAQs on Chittagong Ship Breaking Yard Tour
Why book Chittagong Ship Breaking Yard Tour with Nijhoom Tours?
★ Great Experience: You’ll have a great experience on our Chittagong Ship Breaking Yard Tour, as we are a multi-award-winning local tour operator in Bangladesh with vast local knowledge and the highest quality. We have the highest number of reviews in Bangladesh on TripAdvisor (375+ reviews) from our clients with an average rating of 5 on 5. We’ve been featured in the International Travel News Magazine multiple times, published in California, USA.
★ Support a Local Business: By directly booking with us instead of the giant foreign online platforms like Viator, ToursByLocals, GetYourGuide, TourRadar, Expedia, Kayak, or many others like them dominating the industry with huge marketing budgets, that only sell other local companies' tours and charge them a hefty commission, you are also supporting a local small business instead of a big foreign corporation.
★ Scheduled Tours: We have scheduled tours year-round. You can join any of them and reduce your cost.
★ Fast Communication: We reply fast. Communication with us will be a breeze.
★ Smooth Payment: Making payments with us will be swift for our Chittagong Ship Breaking Yard Tour. We offer multiple payment options with credit cards and bank transfers. You can pay us in major local currencies online and avoid paying any charges for making cross-border payments for our tours.
How is your Chittagong Ship Breaking Yard Tour different than the others?
★ Safety: Customer safety is the priority of our tours. We'll use life jackets during boat rides for the safety of our customers. We'll never overload the boat on the river to save a few bucks. We'll provide a safe driver who will drive you safely in a country where everyone drives like crazy. Our cars will have seatbelts, which almost no one uses in Bangladesh.
★ Comfortable Car: We'll provide a comfortable, decent, clean car with air-conditioning to navigate the hectic Dhaka traffic for long hours. We'll not squeeze you into the middle seats of the car to save money. Everyone will get a comfortable window seat.
★ Food Hygiene: We'll be cautious about food safety on the tour so that you don't become sick from food poisoning, which is common in Bangladesh. We'll take you to restaurants that maintain good hygiene.
★ Knowledgeable Guide: We'll provide a knowledgeable guide on our Chittagong Ship Breaking Yard Tour, who will be able to provide you with the history and other interesting information about the sites on the tour.
★ On-Time Pick-up: We'll not be late to pick you up and give excuses for traffic.
★ No Nuicense: We will not annoy you by taking a few dozen selfies with you on the tour and posting them directly on social media.
★ Numerous Positive Reviews: We have numerous positive reviews of our Chittagong Ship Breaking Yard Tour on TripAdvisor from our past clients who've had a pleasant and memorable experiences with us. You'll have a great experience on our tour too!