Tour Duration: Full-Day Tour
Tour Attractions: Kantaji Temple, METI School, Santal Village
Best time to go: October-March
Tour Available: Round the year
Next Scheduled Tour: N/A
Kantaji Temple is the most beautiful Hindu Temple in Bangladesh. Built in early 18th century by the Maharaja of Dinajpur, every inches of the temple is wrapped with absolutely stunning terracotta plaques describing epic Hindu stories, which took about thirty years to built by two generations. It is located on a remote part of the country, very difficult to access by road without proper planning.
On Kantaji Temple Day Tour, we will take you to visit Kantaji Temple starting and ending at Dhaka on a single day taking two internal flights. You’ll also visit Nayabad Mosque built on the same period, an amazing school run by an NGO and winning Aga Khan Award for Architecture, and a village of Santal tribe. This tour will be perfect for people who have very limited time and want to experience some amazing sights and attractions of Bangladesh located on the remotest corner of the country on a single day.
Itinerary of Kantaji Temple Day Tour
- 06.30 – 06.30 AM: Our guide and driver will meet you at your hotel lobby in Dhaka to pick you up, and transfer you to airport.
- 07.30 – 10.00 AM: Fly to Saidpur on 7.30 am flight. Arrive Saidpur at 8.30 am, and drive toward Dinajpur on an air-conditioned car.
- 10.00 – 12.00 PM: Visit award winning Dipshikha METI School. Drive toward Kantaji Temple. Have early lunch on a local restaurant on the way with authentic local food.
- 12.30 – 03.30 PM: Visit Kantaji Temple, Nayabad Mosque, and a Santal tribal village.
- 03.30 – 06.10 PM: Drive to Saidpur Airport (1 hr), take 5.10 pm flight back to Dhaka. Arrive Dhaka at 6.10 pm.
- 06.10 – 07.00 PM: Transfer to your hotel, say good bye. End of the tour.
Price of Kantaji Temple Day Tour
|Group Size||Classic Package|
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Dhaka-Saidpur return flight tickets.
- Air-Conditioned car and driver.
- English Speaking guide.
- All site entrance tickets.
- Lunch on a local restaurant with authentic local food.
- Two bottle of drinking water.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from outside the North Dhaka area as mentioned bellow.
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Notes on Kantaji Temple Day Tour
- Pick-up and drop-off for this tour will be available from North Dhaka area only (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area).
- Light breakfast will be served on the flight to Saidpur. Light snacks will be served on the return flight.
- There will be no standard restaurant on the area you’ll will be visiting on the tour other than the place for lunch. Taking some snacks/dry food with you is advised in case you feel hungry.
- Best time to travel: Weather will be cool and comfortable in October to March. Also will be less humid and less chance to rain.
- This tour is advised to book at least three weeks in advance.
- Pick-up for this tour will not be available from South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, Hotel FARS, Asia Hotel & Resorts, and nearby area).
- We’ll require the full payment in advance online to book this tour. Details of our online payment system could be found here: How to pay us.