Tour Duration: Full-Day Tour
Tour Attractions: Tea Plantations, Tribal Villages, Trekking, Wildlife
Best time to go: April-November
Tour Available: Year Round
Next Scheduled Tour: Contact us
Srimangal is the tea capital of Bangladesh. This hilly area, with tea estates, lemon orchards, pineapple and rubber plantations, is one of the most picturesque and enjoyable parts of the country. For miles around, tea estates form a perennially green carpet on the sloping hills, and it is the one area (besides the Sundarbans) where it is possible to look around and not see another human being. A few days spent around it’s tea estates and exploring nearby villages and forests will almost certainly rank among your most treasured experiences in Bangladesh.
Srimangal Day Tour is for people who are already in Srimangal and want to experience the very best of Srimangal on a single day. On this tour you can visit Lawachhara National Park, visit tribal villages, walk inside the trails through tea plantations, visit pinnaple gardens and lemon orchards, taste the famous 7 layer tea, and visit handicraft shops of the Monipuri tribe. Best tour to experience Srimangal on the shortest possible time.
Itinerary of Srimangal Day Tour
- 09.00 – 09.00 AM: Our guide and driver will meet you at your hotel lobby in Srimangal to pick you up, and start driving toward the Lawachhara National Park. Attraction of Lawachhara National Park is endangered Hulluck Gibbons, birds, and many other endangered wildlife.
- 09.15 – 12.15 PM: Rewarding wildlife trekking through the Lawachara National Park. We’ll take the 03 hours trail for the maximum opportunity to see wildlife.
- 12.30 – 01.00 PM: Lunch on a local restaurant with authentic local food.
- 01.30 – 02.30 PM: Taste the famous 7 Layer Tea of Srimangal on the original shop of it’s inventor. Also visit the handicraft shops of the Monipuri tribe, which is a good place to buy some souvenirs.
- 02.45 – 04.15 PM: Walk through the trails inside tea gardens, and visit some pineapple gardens and lemon orchards. Also visit a colony of tea workers, and a village of Tripura tribe.
- 04.30 – 04.30 PM: Drop at the hotel, say good bye. End of the tour.
Price of Srimangal Day Tour
|Group Size||Classic Package|
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Tuk-Tuk for all local travel at Srimangal.
- All site entrance tickets.
- Lunch on a local restaurant with authentic local food.
- One bottle of drinking water.
- English Speaking guide.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
Does not include:
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Notes on Srimangal Day Tour
- It is possible to start this tour from Dhaka taking the 7.00 H Parabat Express and reaching Srimangal at 11.00 H, return from Srimangal at 17.00 H Parabat Express reaching Dhaka at 22.00 H, and see half of the sights listed on the tour. We’ll pick you up from North Dhaka area and drop you there after the tour. Additional $50 US per person will be charged for this service for a minimum of 02 people group.
- You can also drive to Srimangal and back from Dhaka on the same day on flexible hours as you prefer and see the sights in between. $160 US additional charge will be required on the total price for this (2-4 Pax Group). It will take about 06 hours to reach Srimangal from Dhaka.
- 500 BDT Will be charged extra with the total price for pick-up and drop-off from Dusai Resort.
- Wear comfortable shoes suitable for trekking inside the forest.
- Wearing shorts for both men and women will not be any problem in Srimangal.
- Best time to travel:
- April – November: You’ll see female tribal workers picking tea on numerous tea gardens at Srimangal, which is very picturesque. Best time of the year to travel.
- November – March: Weather is cool and comfortable, and less humid.
- We’ll require the full payment in advance online to book this tour. Details of our online payment system could be found here: How to pay us.