Tour Duration: 4-Day, 3-Night
Location: Chittagong Hill-Tracts
Tour Attractions: Best attractions of Chittagong
Best time to go: October – March
Tour Available: Year Round
Next Scheduled Tour: 9-12 April, 2020
Chittagong is the most diverse region of Bangladesh and contains some of the lesser-visited highlights of the country. Stretching from the world’s longest unbroken sandy beach to the hill country bordering Burma. One thousand meters high and a thousand stories thick, Chittagong is the home of numerous indigenous groups. If you’ve spent time absorbing the ruler-straight horizons elsewhere in Bangladesh, it will be a pleasure to stare at the ruffled peaks and valleys and experience the fascinating lifestyle of the indigenous groups who live here. A boat ride on the beautiful Kaptai lake or a journey through Sangu river will be a memory of a lifetime for anyone.
On the Best of Chittagong tour, we’ll take you to experience some of the highlights of the Chittagong region. Starting with a pleasant boat ride at Kaptai lake, you’ll visit it’s beautiful Buddhist temples, visit tribal villages and bazaars and see how their lifestyle differs from other parts of Bangladesh. Then experience the beauty of Sangu river on a boat trip and visit the controversial ship-breaking yards before heading back to Dhaka.
A memorable experience on one of the most fascinating areas of Asia unknown to the outside world.
- Visit beautiful hills of Chittagong Hill-Tracts.
- Visit tribal villages and Bazaars of Chittagong Hill-Tracts.
- Ride boat on beautiful Kaptai lake in Rangamati.
- Ride boat on Sangu river, the most naturally beautiful river in Bangladesh.
- Visit the controversial Chittagong Ship Breaking Yards.
Itinerary of Best of Chittagong
- Pick-up at 5.30 H from hotel and transfer to airport. Fly to Chittagong at 7.15 H. Arrive Chittagong at 8.10 H, drive to Rangamati (102 km, 3.5 Hrs).
- Enjoy boat ride at Kaptai Lake rest of the day, and visit a Buddhist temple before sunset. Visit some tribal handicraft markets in the evening.
- Overnight at Rangamati (Parjatan Hotel)
- Drive to Bandarban after breakfast (82 km, 3.5 Hrs). Visit a small tribal museum en route.
- Visit Golden Temple, Nilachal, and other popular tourist sites in Bandarban rest of the day. To reach Golden Temple, you need to climb a 60m / 200ft hill through paved stairs.
- Overnight at Bandarban (Hillside Resort)
- Visit villages of different tribes in the morning to see their lifestyle. You’ll be able to see how they hand-make their own clothes, and also will be able to buy some if you like from small outlets directly run by the tribal people, which will be big support for them.
- Boat ride at beautiful Sangu river in the evening, which is the most naturally beautiful river in Bangladesh.
- Overnight at Bandarban (Hillside Resort)
- Drive to Chittagong Ship Breaking Yards (103 km, 4 hrs) after breakfast. Visit ship breaking activities with a boat from the river for a couple of hours. This is a graveyard of the giant commercial scrap vessels brought from all over the world, which are converted to pieces of steel here. You’ll also visit shops of scrap materials coming from those ships, which is a good place to collect souvenirs.
- Drive to Chittagong airport (40 km, 1.5 hrs). Visit Commonwealth World War – II Cemetery en route at Chittagong if time permits.
- Fly to Dhaka on 16.20 H flight. Arrive Dhaka around 17.15 H, transfer to hotel, say goodbye!
- End of the Tour.
Price of Best of Chittagong
|Group Size||Tour Price|
Inclusions and Exclusions
- All airport transfers in Dhaka and Chittagong.
- Dhaka-Chittagong return flight tickets.
- 3 Nights accommodation in hotels as mentioned in the itinerary with complementary breakfast on twin sharing basis.
- All boat rides mentioned on the itinerary.
- All site entrance tickets.
- Air-conditioned car, driver, and English speaking guide.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, FARS Hotel, Asia Hotel & Resorts, and the nearby area).
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- Any personal item.
Pin this image to share this tour! Hover mouse for the Pinterest button.
Important Notes on Best of Chittagong
- Pick-up and drop-off for this tour will be available from the North Dhaka area only (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area). If you stay outside this area, you have to meet the guide at the airport on the first day of the tour and have to arrange your own transfer from the airport to your hotel after the tour.
- Local transport inside the Hill-Tracts area will be by tuk-tuk. All the long-distance transfers, however, will be done by air-conditioned vehicle.
- Booking this tour at least three weeks in advance is advised.
- Some level of physical fitness will be required for this tour, as the Chittagong Hill-Tracts area is a hilly region and some walks are involved on the tour.
- Best time to travel:
- October – March: Weather will be cool and comfortable, and less humid.
- We’ll require the full payment in advance to book this tour. Details of our online payment system could be found here: How to pay us.