According to a circular issued by the Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh, no quarantine is required for anyone traveling to Bangladesh, effective immediately, except for the passengers originated from Armenia, Bulgaria, Estonia, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Mongolia, Palestine, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Ukraine, and originated/transited/visited Botswana, Eswatini, Ghana, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa, and Zimbabwe.
This article was updated on December 3, 2021, based on the Covid-19 rules of the Bangladesh government by issuing the latest circular on December 2, 2021.
Can I travel to Bangladesh now?
Passengers from all countries with an advance visa can travel to Bangladesh now.
What are the current entry requirements in Bangladesh?
All incoming passengers, except the children below 12 years old, shall mandatorily possess RT PCR-based COVID-19 negative certificate. The PCR test shall be done within 48 hours of the flight departure time.
What are the country groups for the incoming passengers in Bangladesh?
Armenia, Bulgaria, Estonia, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Mongolia, Palestine, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, and Ukraine.
All other countries (except Group C).
Botswana, Eswatini, Ghana, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa, and Zimbabwe.
What are the latest quarantine rules for the incoming passengers in Bangladesh?
Quarantine Rules for the Passengers of Group A Countries
- Fully Vaccinated Passengers: 7 days home quarantine.
- Non-Vaccinated Passengers: 7 days institutional quarantine at government nominated facility or hotel at the passenger’s own expense. RT PCR test will be carried out after 7 days and the passenger will be released if the test result is negative.
Quarantine Rules for the Passengers of Group B Countries
- Fully Vaccinated Passengers: No quarantine is required.
- Non-Vaccinated Passengers: 14 days home quarantine.
Quarantine Rules for the Passengers of Group C Countries
- All incoming passengers originated/transited/visited Group C countries within last 14 days, shall have to complete a mandatory 14 days institutional quarantine at government nominated hotels at passengers own expenses.
- RT PCR Test, at passengers own expenses, will be carried out on 7th and 14th day of the quarantine.
- Depending on the RT PCR Test result on 7th day of the quarantine, COVID positive passengers will be separated for further isolation to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and the COVID negative passengers will continue their institutional quarantine until 14 days
- Depending on the RT PCR Test result on 14th day of the quarantine, COVID negative passengers will be released.
Download the Government Circulations
Is the visa on arrival in Bangladesh resumed?
Sadly, the visa on arrival in Bangladesh is still postponed! However, you can take an advance visa from the country of your residence and come to Bangladesh. We can provide you support for getting an advance visa if you are joining any of our tours (except the day tours). Please contact us for more details on this.
Visitors at Sonargaon Museum in Bangladesh on March 6, 2021. © Photo Credit: Raw Hasan.
What are the current travel restrictions in Bangladesh?
There are currently no travel restrictions inside Bangladesh. You can freely go anywhere you like and do whatever you wish.
Are the tourist sites in Bangladesh currently open?
Every tourist site in Bangladesh is currently open. You can visit any site you wish.
- Latest Covid-19 Travel Rules of Bangladesh (Updated Regularly)
- Bangladesh visa on arrival: who can get, rules, and fees
- 101 Things to know about traveling to Bangladesh
- 10 Most curious questions people ask while visiting Bangladesh
- 7 Best things to do in Dhaka for the ultimate experience
- Sundarbans Mangrove Forest: 8 Top things to do for the best experience
- Paddle Steamer (Rocket) in Bangladesh: Schedule, Ticket Price & Other Details
- Traveling by train in Bangladesh: everything you need to know
- How people celebrate the Eid-al-Fitr (Eid) in Bangladesh
- 13 Places to visit in Dhaka not to miss on first trip
- 16 Top Bangladeshi food you must try on your visit
- 10 Most impressive archaeological sites in Bangladesh you can’t miss on your trip
- 10 Most beautiful historical mosque in Bangladesh
- Panam Nagar: An entirely abandoned city of the wealthy Hindu cotton merchants in Bangladesh
- 11 Major tribes (ethnic/indigenous groups) of Bangladesh and their culture
Have you visited Bangladesh recently? How was your experience to enter Bangladesh? Please share with us in the comments, which will help others to know more about the latest travel situation in Bangladesh.
Check out our 1-7 days Bangladesh tour packages and 8-28 days Bangladesh holiday packages to visit Bangladesh with comfort.
Leave a Reply