Bangladesh is a wonderful country. It has many sights of historical value and beauty. Some of them are very famous, and other people don’t even know about it. It cradles the largest mangrove swamp in the world, Buddhist kingdoms dated back to the 3rd century B.C., lush tea plantations, stunning beaches, temples with full of terracotta in the walls, mosques, and it’s people – most generous and open-hearted you’ll meet. In this article, we listed Bangladesh tourist places. If you know about any other site which we’ve missed here, let us know in the comment.
Lalbagh Fort in Old Dhaka. ©Photo Credit: Raw Hasan
Tourist places in Dhaka City
- Lalbagh Fort – A 17th century fort built by the Mughals.
- Ahsan Manzil (Pink Palace) – Residence of the Dhaka Nawabs built in 19th century.
- Armenian Church – Beautiful church built by the Armenians in 18th century.
- Star Mosque – A beautiful 19th century mosque decorated with star motifs.
- Khan Muhammad Mridha Mosque – Beautiful mosque from early 18th century built by the Mughals.
- Dhakeswari Temple – National Hindu temple of Bangladesh dating back to the 12th century.
- National Assembly building – Finest work of world-renowned American architect Louis Kahn.
- Sadarghat River Port – Main river port of Dhaka city full of activities.
Abandoned city Panam Nagar in Sonargaon. ©Photo Credit: Raw Hasan
Tourist places around Dhaka City
- Panam Nagar – A fully abandoned city of the Hindu merchants from early 20th century.
- Folk-Art and Crafts Museum – Museum showcasing Bangladeshi culture located in Sonargaon.
- Goaldi Mosque – Historical mosque in Sonargaon built in 16th century.
- Baliati Palace – A mysterious palace of Hindu feudal land-owners from colonial period.
Deer in Sundarbans. ©Photo Credit: Raw Hasan
Tourist places in Khulna Region
- Mosque City of Bagerhat – A lost city from 15th century full of beautiful mosques and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Sundarbans – Largest mangrove forest on earth; a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Ramsar Site (internationally important wetland).
Gobinda Temple in Puthia. ©Photo Credit: Raw Hasan
Tourist places in Rajshahi Region
- Puthia – Village full of temples where the largest number of historical temples are located.
- Gaur – The lost historic city (7th – 16th Century) in India-Bangladesh border.
- Mahasthangarh – The Oldest known city in Bangladesh, dated back to the 3rd century B.C.
Front view of Tajhat Palace. ©Photo Credit: Raw Hasan
Tourist places in Rangpur Region
- Kantajew Temple – Most beautiful Hindu temple in Bangladesh located at Dinajpur, every inches of the walls ornamented with terracotta plaques describing epic Hindu stories.
- Tajhat Palace – Palace of Hindu land-owners at Rangpur.
- Nayabad Mosque – 18th Century mosque in Dinajpur, built by the Muslim workers who came to build Kantaji Temple.
Tea plantations of Srimangal. ©Photo Credit: Raw Hasan
Tourist places in Sylhet Region
- Jaflong – Naturally beautiful place located on India-Bangladesh border offering unique photo opportunities.
- Ratargul Swamp Forest – Only fresh-water swamp forest in Bangladesh.
- 13 Best places to visit in Bangladesh you can’t miss
- 16 Top Bangladeshi food you must try on your visit
- 11 Must visiting tourist attractions in Dhaka you can’t miss
- 10 Best archaeological sites in Bangladesh you can’t miss
- 10 Best historical mosques in Bangladesh
- Sundarbans Travel Guide: Top 8 things to do for the best experience
- Bangladesh tourist places: A complete list
- Tribal people of Bangladesh and their culture
- Panam Nagar: A fully abandoned city of the Hindu merchants in Bangladesh
- Gaur: The lost historic city in India-Bangladesh border
- The Mosque City of Bagerhat: History, How to go, What to see
- Kantaji Temple: History, How to go, Visiting Hours, Entry Fees
- Jaflong: A beautiful place in Bangladesh with unique photo opportunity
- Sonargaon Travel Guide: Visiting Museum, Panam Nagar, and around
- Tajhat Palace: History, How to go, Visiting Hours, Entry Fees
- Bangladesh visa on arrival: who can get, rules, and fees
Know about any other tourist places in Bangladesh? Write in the comment. We’ll add that on this list.
Check out our 1-7 days tour and excursion packages in Bangladesh and 8-28 days holiday packages in Bangladesh to travel Bangladesh with comfort.