Bangladesh is a very beautiful country. It has many sights of historical value and beauty. Some of them are very famous, others people don’t even know about. It cradles the largest mangrove swamp in the world, Buddhist kingdoms dated back to the 3rd century B.C., lush tea plantations, stunning beaches, temples with full of terracotta in the walls, mosques, and it’s people – most generous and open-hearted you’ll meet. In this article, we listed Bangladesh tourist places. If you know about any other site which we’ve missed here, let us know in the comment.
Tourist places in Dhaka City
- Lalbagh Fort – A 17th century fort built by the Mughals.
- Ahsan Manzil (Pink Palace) – Residence of the Dhaka Nawabs built in 19th century.
- Armenian Church – Beautiful church built by the Armenians in 18th century.
- Star Mosque – A beautiful 19th century mosque decorated with star motifs.
- Khan Muhammad Mridha Mosque – Beautiful mosque from early 18th century built by the Mughals.
- Dhakeswari Temple – National Hindu temple of Bangladesh dating back to the 12th century.
- National Assembly building – Finest work of world-renowned American architect Louis Kahn.
- Sadarghat River Port – Main river port of Dhaka city full of activities.
Tourist places around Dhaka City
- Folk-Art and Crafts Museum – Museum showcasing Bangladeshi culture located in Sonargaon.
- Panam Nagar – A fully abandoned city of the Hindu merchants from early 20th century.
- Goaldi Mosque – Historical mosque in Sonargaon built in 16th century.
- Baliati Palace – A mysterious palace of Hindu feudal land-owners from colonial period.
Tourist places in Khulna Division
- Mosque City of Bagerhat – A lost city from 15th century full of beautiful mosques and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Sundarbans – Largest mangrove forest on earth; a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Ramsar Site (internationally important wetland).
Tourist places in Rajshahi Division
- Mahasthangarh – The Oldest known city in Bangladesh, dated back to the 3rd century B.C.
- Gaur – The lost historic city (7th – 16th Century) in India-Bangladesh border.
Tourist places in Rangpur Division
- Tajhat Palace – Palace of Hindu land-owners at Rangpur.
- Kantajew Temple – Most beautiful Hindu temple in Bangladesh located at Dinajpur, every inches of the walls ornamented with terracotta plaques describing epic Hindu stories.
- Nayabad Mosque – 18th Century mosque in Dinajpur, built by the Muslim workers who came to build Kantaji Temple.
Tourist places in Sylhet Division
- Jaflong – Naturally beautiful place located on India-Bangladesh border offering unique photo opportunities.
- Ratargul Swamp Forest – Only fresh-water swamp forest in Bangladesh.
- 13 Best places to visit in Bangladesh you can’t miss
- 16 Top Bangladeshi food you must try on your visit
- 11 Must visiting tourist attractions in Dhaka
- 10 Best archaeological sites in Bangladesh you can’t miss
- 10 Best historical mosques in Bangladesh
- Gaur: The lost historic city in India-Bangladesh border
- Kantaji Temple: History, How to go, Visiting Hours, Entry Fees
- The Mosque City of Bagerhat: History, How to go, What to see
- Sonargaon Travel Guide: Visiting Museum, Panam Nagar, and around
- Bangladesh tourist places: A complete list
- Tribal people of Bangladesh and their culture
- Tajhat Palace: History, How to go, Visiting Hours, Entry Fees
- Jaflong: A beautiful place in Bangladesh with unique photo opportunity
Know about any other tourist places in Bangladesh? Write in the comment. We’ll add that on this list.