Location: Barisal, Sundarban, Rajshahi, Sreemangal, CHT, Cox’s Bazar
Tour Attractions: Best attractions of Bangladesh with offbeat paths
Best time to go: October – March
Tour Availability: September – May / Any day start
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Check Bellow
Bangladesh holiday package to experience the best places and attractions in Bangladesh recommended by popular travel guides like BRADT and Lonely Planet, and beyond their recommendations! Focusing primarily on the people and culture of Bangladesh, this tour takes you to explore more offbeat destinations outside the capabilities of the guidebooks. It ends with a couple of days of beach leisure before returning home. If you want to discover the hidden gems of Bangladesh beyond the reach of regular tourists, this is the perfect tour for you.
Starting with visiting Dhaka, you will experience life on the Ganges Delta in Barisal. From there, take a traditional Bangladeshi passenger ferry, and spend three days inside Sundarban Mangrove Forest, visiting the fantastic Mosque City of Bagerhat en route. Next few days, you’ll explore the rich archaeological sites in Rajshahi and Rangpur divisions – beautiful Hindu temples, Jaminder palaces, Buddhist monasteries from ancient times, and historic mosques from the medieval period, before returning to Dhaka.
After that, you’ll visit the tea region of Bangladesh – Sreemangal, and Sylhet to visit its numerous tea gardens, Lawachara National Park, and tribal villages, and enjoy a boat ride on beautiful rivers and canals. From there, you go to the Chittagong Hill-Tracts area, home to many tribal groups in Bangladesh.
Starting with visiting the Ship Breaking Yards of Chittagong, you’ll have a pleasant boat ride at beautiful Kaptai Lake and Sangu River, explore the beautiful hills of Bandarban, and experience the lifestyle of its many tribal groups. Later, relax for a few days on Cox’s Bazar’s beaches and discover some of its hidden gems before heading home.
This tour is available to book anytime outside our schedule, year-round. Private tours are available to book for a group of two people minimum. Solo travelers can join any of our scheduled tours. If available, you can share rooms with total same-sex strangers to save costs. Also can book a Single Supplement if you need private rooms. If you have a midnight flight for your departure, we’ll discount the last night’s accommodation price.
- Visit all 3 UNESCO World Heritage sites in Bangladesh.
- Experience life and culture on Ganges Delta.
- Visit floating markets, bazaars, schools, and brick factories, and explore numerous rivers and canals by boat in Barisal.
- Explore the largest mangrove forest on earth – Sundarban, for a full 3 days.
- Visit historical sites at Bagerhat, a UNESCO world heritage city from the 15th century, including 60 Dome Mosque.
- Visit Sompur Mahabihara, a Buddhist monastery from the 8th century and another UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Visit the beautiful mosques of the rich historic city of Gaur, the ancient capital of the whole of Bengal from the medieval period.
- Visit beautiful temples, palaces, and historic mosques of Rajshahi and Rangpur.
- Visit a Santal tribal village and experience their lifestyle.
- Visit Kantaji Temple – the most beautiful temple in Bangladesh, every inch ornamented with terracotta plaques.
- Spend three days at Sreemangal, the tea capital of Bangladesh, in the middle of endless tea plantations.
- Trek inside Lawachhara National Park and visit tribal villages.
- Walk through the trails inside the tea gardens.
- Bird watching on Baikka Beal, a wetland and sanctuary for migratory birds, a paradise for bird lovers.
- Experience the stone collection activities in Jaflong, which are highly photogenic.
- Full day tour of Old Dhaka including rickshaw ride on narrow streets and a boat ride on Dhaka’s busy Buriganga river.
- Experience the simple life of farmers on the islands of Meghna and Jamuna rivers.
- Visit beautiful hills and tribal villages in the Chittagong Hill-Tracts area.
- Boat ride on beautiful Kaptai Lake at Rangamati.
- Experience the massive fishing industry of Cox’s Bazar by visiting its fishing port, fish market, fishing village, and dry fishing yards.
- Leisure on the longest unbroken sandy beach in the world.
A map of 28 days Discover Bangladesh Tour with Nijhoom Tours to visit the best sights and attractions in Bangladesh, beyond the capabilities of the guide books.
Itinerary of Discover Bangladesh
Price of Discover Bangladesh
- 4+ People Gruop: $4,990 US Per Person
- 2-3 People Group: Please contact us for the price
- Private Tour: Please contact us for the price
- Single Supplement: $600 US
Inclusions and Exclusions
- All airport transfers in Bangladesh.
- All internal flights.
- All accommodation in hotels and boat cabins as mentioned in the itinerary with complimentary breakfast on a twin-sharing basis.
- Lunch with locally purchased fruits on the boat at Barisal on Day-3 and Day-4.
- All meals, drinking water, tea, and coffee while on the boat at Sundarban for three days on day-6, 7, and 8.
- $115 US per person forest permit fee for Sundarban.
- An air-conditioned car, driver, and an English-speaking guide.
- 1st class cabin on a traditional passenger ferry to Barisal on a twin-sharing basis.
- All boat rides.
- All entrance tickets.
- Before departure, take to the Covid-19 testing center in Dhaka to provide the sample and collect the report if necessary.
- All tips except our guide, driver, and boat crew in Sundarban.
Does not include:
- Any food or drinks other than those mentioned above.
- $25 US fee for video camera in Sundarban (if any).
- Any personal item.
Departures and Availability
|Departure Dates||Total Places||Available Places||Early-Bird Discount|
|Jan 3-30, 2024||12||8+||$150 US pp Until Jan 3, 2023|
|Jan 1-28, 2025||12||8+||$150 US pp Until Jan 1, 2024|