Where is Ratargul Swamp Forest located?
Ratargul Swamp Forest is located at the Goain Ghat area of Sylhet Division in Bangladesh.
How to go to the forest?
To visit Ratargul Swamp Forest, you need to go to Sylhet city first. From Sylhet, take a CNG (mini taxi) to Goain Ghat. It will take 2.5 – 3 hours time and 450-500 BDT fare. From Goain Ghat need to reserve a trawler (local engine boat) to the forest. It will take 800-1,400 BDT for a return trip, and less than 1 hour time.
How to explore the forest?
After getting down at the forest station, go to the forest office, take permission, and request them to arrange a boat for you. They’ll arrange a local wooden boat on which you can explore the forest. It is safe for 6-8 people aboard the boat. They’ll take 200-500 BDT depending on how long you need to explore the forest.
Do I need to come back on the same way?
No. On your way back, get down at Goain Ghat and take a CNG for Zaflong. It’ll take 100 BDT on reserve, or 20 BDT each person. From Zaflong ride on a bus to Sylhet. Fare is 20 BDT.
What is the best time to visit the forest?
Monsoon. In July-August, the forest is flooded in water and is the best time to explore by boat. Other time the forest remains dry and you need to walk in clay to explore it.
Is food available in the forest?
No. You’ll find all type of food in Goain Ghat. Have to take from there whatever you need.
Is there any accommodation facilities in the forest?
No. You can stay at Sylhet city and visit Ratargul Swamp Forest as a day trip.
Is there any security issue?
Report and take permission from the forest office first before entering the forest, and request them to arrange a boat. Do not take any boat from outside. You could be a victim of hijacking.
Do not destroy the nature. Do not throw anything in the forest. Bring back with you everything you’ve taken – plastic packets, water bottle, everything.
- 13 Best places to visit in Bangladesh you can’t miss
- 16 Top Bangladeshi food you must try on your visit
- 11 Must visiting tourist attractions in Dhaka you can’t miss
- 10 Best archaeological sites in Bangladesh you can’t miss
- 10 Best historical mosques in Bangladesh
- Sundarbans Travel Guide: Top 8 things to do for the best experience
- Bangladesh tourist places: A complete list
- Tribal people of Bangladesh and their culture
- Panam Nagar: A fully abandoned city of the Hindu merchants in Bangladesh
- Gaur: The lost historic city in India-Bangladesh border
- The Mosque City of Bagerhat: History, How to go, What to see
- Kantaji Temple: History, How to go, Visiting Hours, Entry Fees
- Jaflong: A beautiful place in Bangladesh with unique photo opportunity
- Sonargaon Travel Guide: Visiting Museum, Panam Nagar, and around
- Tajhat Palace: History, How to go, Visiting Hours, Entry Fees
- Bangladesh visa on arrival: who can get, rules, and fees
Have any other question? Ask in the comments. We’d love to answer.
Check out our 1-7 days tour and excursion packages in Bangladesh and 8-28 days holiday packages in Bangladesh to travel Bangladesh with comfort.
Join Our Community!
Join our Facebook group to meet travelers who've visited Bangladesh and know about their Bangladesh experience, ask questions about traveling Bangladesh and get quick answers, and share anything about traveling Bangladesh. Join Let's go to Bangladesh now!