Location: Bagerhat, Sundarban
Tour Attractions: Sundarban Mangrove Forest, Mosque City of Bagerhat
Best Time To Go: October – March
Tour Available: September – May / Any day start
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Check Bellow
Join the Bagerhat & Sundarban Tour for a three-day adventure exploring the Sundarban Mangrove Forest. Spot the Bengal tigers, spotted deer, river dolphins, wild boars, clawless otters, monkeys, saltwater crocodiles, and other wildlife and birds in their natural habitat. Immerse in the beauty of the most significant mosques and a splendid Hindu temple in Bagerhat. This tour covers two UNESCO World Heritage Sites, starting and ending at Dhaka. Experience the serenity of Sundarban and the peacefulness of Bagerhat. If you want to discover the Sundarban mangrove Forest and the Mosque City of Bagerhat in the shortest time without visiting Dhaka, then this is the perfect tour for you.
The Sundarbans is the largest mangrove forest on earth. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and designated a wetland site of international importance under the Ramsar Convention. Bagerhat is a 15th-century Muslim city full of great archaeological mosques, among which the Sixty Dome Mosque is the most famous. It is another UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Bagerhat & Sundarban Tour will take you to visit the most significant mosques and a magnificent Hindu temple in Bagerhat and a whole three-day excursion to the Sundarbans Mangrove Forest for a chance to see Bengal tigers, spotted deer, river dolphins, wild boars, clawless otters, monkeys, and saltwater crocodiles together with many other species of wildlife and birds. You’ll visit two UNESCO World Heritage Sites on this tour.
You’ll start by flying to Jessore, driving to Bagerhat, and visiting the mosques and the Hindu temple for a whole day. You’ll spend the next three days in Sundarbans and fly back to Dhaka on the last day evening. This tour will allow you to enjoy the quietness of Bagerhat and the tranquility of Sundarbans in the shortest possible time.
If you want to visit Bagerhat and Sundarbans without visiting Dhaka, this is the tour you should book. Check out our longer Sundarban tour packages, all of which offer a superior experience.
Highlights of Bagerhat & Sundarban Tour
- Immerse yourself in the captivating Sundarban, the largest mangrove forest on Earth and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, during an extensive three-day exploration.
- Spend your nights on a small houseboat, anchoring in different locations within the Sundarban, ensuring a truly immersive experience.
- Navigate the intricate network of creeks and channels within the Sundarban aboard a traditional wooden rowing boat, maximizing your chances of spotting wildlife during the magical early mornings and evenings.
- Embark on a guided forest trail, accompanied by armed forest rangers, to delve deeper into the heart of the Sundarbans’ lush vegetation and spot more birds and wildlife.
- Visit a dolphin sanctuary dedicated to the conservation of the endangered Ganges and Irrawaddy Dolphin species, offering a rare opportunity to witness these majestic creatures in their natural habitat.
- Indulge in the pristine beauty of the Sundarbans’ finest beach, a secluded gem deep within the forest where you can relax and rejuvenate away from the crowds.
- Visit a fishing village in Sundarban and experience how they live struggling with natural disasters.
- Explore a crocodile and turtle breeding center, where you can observe these fascinating reptiles up close and learn about the conservation efforts being undertaken to protect them.
- Visit the historical sites of Bagerhat, a 15th-century UNESCO World Heritage Site, including the renowned Sixty Dome Mosque, and delve into the region’s rich cultural and architectural heritage.
A map of the 4-day Bagerhat & Sundarban Tour with Nijhoom Tours on a small group.
Price of Bagerhat & Sundarban Tour
- 4-6 Pax Gruop: $950 US Per Person
- 2-3 Pax Group: Please contact us for the price
- 7-16 Pax Group on a Medium Boat: Please contact us for a discounted price
- Private Tour: Please contact us for the price
- Single Supplement: $15 US
Inclusions and Exclusions
Bagerhat & Sundarban Tour includes:
- Pick-up and drop-off from the North Dhaka area (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area only).
- All accommodation in hotels and boat cabins as mentioned in the itinerary with complimentary breakfast on a twin-sharing basis.
- $115 US per person forest permit fee for Sundarban.
- All meals, drinking water, tea, and coffee while on the boat at Sundarban for three days on day-2, 3, and 4.
- All internal flights.
- An air-conditioned car, driver, and an English-speaking guide.
- All boat rides.
- All entrance tickets.
- All tips except our guide, driver, and boat crew.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from the South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, FARS Hotel, Asia Hotel & Resort, Ambrosia Guest House, White House Hotel, Hotel Sky City, Suktara Hotel, and the nearby area).
- Any food or drinks other than those mentioned above.
- $25 US fee for video camera in Sundarban (if any).
- Any personal item.
Departures and Availability
|Sep 28-Oct 1, 2023
Why Bagerhat & Sundarban Tour with Nijhoom Tours
How is your Bagerhat & Sundarban Tour different than the others?
★ Wildlife Tour: Unlike the traditional cheap picnic parties in Sundarban, ours are wildlife tours. Spotting as much wildlife as possible is our primary focus. We take our clients to places deep inside Sundarban where there will be higher chances to spot wildlife.
★ Small Boats: We use small boats with shallow drafts to go to small channels where bigger ships can not go and can see more wildlife.
★ Silent Boat Trips: Unlike others, we use silent wooden rowing boats without engines to explore the small creeks and channels so we do not scare off the animals. You'll see more birds and animals on our boat trips on the creeks and channels.
★ Safety: The safety of our clients is always our priority. Unlike everyone else, we always use life jackets during boat rides on the small creeks and channels to protect our clients.
★ Food Hygiene: We strictly maintain food hygiene on our boat, about which very few people in Bangladesh have any idea. So unlike others, foreigners getting sick from food is rare on our boat.
★ Cleanliness: Although we use a basic boat, we keep it clean and provide clean bed sheets, pillowcases, towels, and comfortable beds and pillows.
★ Knowledgeable Guides: We provide knowledgeable guides on our tours, who will be able to tell you about the wildlife and the forest.
★ Numerous Positive Reviews: Unlike others, we have numerous positive reviews of our Sundarban Tours on TripAdvisor from our past clients who've had a pleasant and memorable experience of the forest with us. You'll have a great experience on our tour too!
Why book Bagerhat & Sundarban Tour with Nijhoom Tours?
★ Great Experience: You’ll have a great experience on our Bagerhat & Sundarban Tour, as we are a multi-award-winning local tour operator in Bangladesh with vast local knowledge and the highest quality. We have the highest number of reviews in Bangladesh on TripAdvisor (375+ reviews) from our clients with an average rating of 5 on 5. We’ve been featured in the International Travel News Magazine multiple times, published in California, USA.
★ Support a Local Business: By directly booking with us instead of the giant foreign online platforms like Viator, ToursByLocals, GetYourGuide, TourRadar, Expedia, Kayak, or many others like them dominating the industry with huge marketing budgets, that only sell other local companies' tours and charge them a hefty commission, you are also supporting a local small business instead of a big foreign corporation.
★ Scheduled Tours: We have scheduled tours year-round. You can join any of them and reduce your cost.
★ Fast Communication: We reply fast. Communication with us will be a breeze.
★ Smooth Payment: Making payments with us will be swift for our Bagerhat & Sundarban Tour. We offer multiple payment options with credit cards and bank transfers. You can pay us in major local currencies online and avoid paying any charges for making cross-border payments for our tours.
★ Comfortable Car: We'll provide a decent, comfortable, clean car with air-conditioning.
★ Safe Driver: We'll provide a safe driver who will drive you safely in a country where everyone drives like crazy.
★ On-Time Pick-up: We'll not be late to pick you up and give excuses for traffic.
★ No Nuicense: We will not annoy you by taking a few dozen selfies with you on the tour and posting them directly on social media.
Exploring a channel with a wooden rowing boat with proper safety in searching for wildlife. © Photo Credit: Nijhoom Tours.
Experiences of Sundarban Tours with us
Please reload this page if you do not see any review here.
Bagerhat & Sundarban Tour Also Included In
Bagerhat & Sundarban Tour is included in most of our holiday packages. You can book one of these packages too to visit the mosque city of Bagerhat and Sundarban Mangrove Forest:
- Highlights of Bangladesh (11 Days)
- Glories of Bangladesh (14 Days)
- Raas Festival Tour (16 Days)
- Best of Bangladesh (18 Days)
- Discover Bangladesh (28 Days)
FAQs on Sundarban Tours
- Because your best chance to spot wildlife on a Sundarban tour is when you go on a tour with a very small group. This will increase your chance to spot wildlife many times.
- All the traditional tour operators in Bangladesh run tours in Sundarban on a 40-70 people group. Going on a Sundarban tour with a big group like these, people end up seeing very little or no wildlife at all. We organize only small group tours to give you the best experience of Sundarban for your time and money.
- 60% of Sundarban is in Bangladesh part which is denser and more diverse with its wildlife, flora, and fauna.
- You visit a wild forest in Bangladesh, not a national park. Everything you see in Bangladesh part of Sundarban is wild.
- You spend the full three days inside the forest while doing the Sundarban tour with us in Bangladesh. You can spend just one day inside the forest while doing a Sundarban tour from India.
- On a Sundarban tour in India, you stay at a hut in a village outside the forest. In Bangladesh, you stay on our comfortable houseboat with a Western-style toilet deep inside the forest, anchoring in different places every day. There will be armed forest rangers on board for security.
- In India, you visit the forest with an engine boat starting from the village. In Bangladesh, we'll take you to explore the creeks and channels deep inside the forest with a noiseless wooden rowboat. You float on the channels quietly in the tranquil environment and get the best chance to spot wildlife while they do not flee hearing the disturbing noise of the engine.
- Sundarban Tour with us offers more activities, e.g. walking deep inside the forest, spending time on a beautiful sandy beach at the Bay of Bengal inside the forest while you hardly see any people, watching wildlife from an observation tower overlooking a freshwater pond where animals come to drink, explore creeks and channels with noiseless row-boat to increase your chance to spot wildlife, visit wildlife sanctuaries, and many more.
- Because you reach the forest within 15 minutes of starting from Mongla. If you start from Khulna, half of your day is wasted just to reach the forest and another half day to come back. All the traditional tour operators in Bangladesh run their tours from Khulna, while we run our Sundarban Tour from Mongla.
- Never do a day tour of Sundarban! You might want to quickly sample Sundarban to save time and money, but it will be a full waste of your time and money as you will end up visiting just an Eco Park and a zoo which will be very disappointing, no matter who you do the tour with! It will be simply a bad taste of the forest. Either do a three days tour or save it for a future trip. There is nothing in between!