Tour Duration: 3-Day, 2-Night
Location: Mongla, Bangladesh
Tour Attractions: Wildlife tour to the Sundarbans Mangrove Forest
Best time to go: October – March
Tour Available: Round the year
Next Scheduled Tour: N/A
Explore Sundarbans, the largest mangrove forest in the world and one of the wildest and least known environments in all of the southern Asia. Sundarbans Tour will take you deep into the forest to explore wildlife. You get a chance to see Royal Bengal Tigers, spotted deer, claw-less otters, salt-water crocodiles, many species of birds, and many other wildlife.
This tour starts and ends at Mongla. You can book our 6 day Rocket & Sundarbans Tour or 8 day arrival to departure Sundarbans Excursion with Rocket tour for the convenience and an even better experience.
- Spend full 03 day deep inside Sundarbans on a house boat anchoring in different places.
- Visit wildlife sanctuaries in Sundarbans.
- Explore creeks and canals inside Sundarbans on a wooden boat to spot wildlife early morning.
- Walk on a trail inside the forest accompanied with armed forest guards.
- Spot wildlife from watch tower overlooking a field where they come to eat grass and drink.
Itinerary of Sundarbans Tour
- Our guide will meet you on the entrance of Parjatan Hotel at 7.00 H, transfer you to our waiting boat, and head toward Sundarbans immediately. Breakfast will be served on the boat. You’ll be inside the forest within 15 minutes of starting the journey. Stop on a forest station on the way to complete formalities, and continue toward Kochikhali.
- We’ll go through many small canals and rivers with our small boat where big boats can not go because of their size and the canals being shallow. Taking you through these rewarding narrow canals is the main point of this private tour on a small boat, where is your best chance to spot a tiger and many wildlife.
- Stop at Harbaria Eco Park and walk on it’s 30 mins trail for the first experience of Sundarbans. People on day tours at Sundarbans end up visiting up to this point, doing which we never recommend.
- Before sunset, explore a small canal on a noiseless wooden row boat in search of wildlife. They come to drink water in the evening and morning on the creeks and canals. You’ll seat on the boat quietly and float by on a breath-taking environment listening to many birds singing, and the calls of many animals. We’ll reach Kochikhali in the evening and stop for the night hold.
- Stay overnight on the boat in a sleeping cabin, anchoring in the middle of the river in front of Kochikhali forest station.
- Today is going to be your busiest day at Sundarbans.
- Ride a noiseless wooden row boat on a canal in the morning in search of wildlife.
- Back to the main boat, and have breakfast at 07.30 H. Start walking toward Jamtola beach, which is the quietest, nicest, and the cleanest beach in Bangladesh. Enjoy the beach for an hour, and walk toward Jamtola tourist spot. Total trail will be about 10 km. Transfer to our waiting boat which already arrived here from Kochikhali through an inside canal.
- Lunch on the boat and have an hour of rest.
- Visit Kotka Wildlife Sanctuary, and if high tide, have a rewarding boat ride on a canal near the sanctuary.
- Go to the watch tower at Kotka before the sunset and seat quietly for half an hour. This is a feeding ground of animals. Lots of deer and other wild animals come here in the evening to eat grass and drink water. You never know what surprises can be waiting for you here!
- After sunset, start the boat for our onward location to another suitable forest station for the night hold, based on the tide.
- Stay overnight on the boat in a sleeping cabin, anchoring in the middle of the river in front of the forest station.
- Go for a boat ride on the noiseless wooden row boat at 06.00 H and explore a canal near the forest station. Return to the main boat at 07.30 H and have breakfast. We’ll start our return journey toward Mongla from here through other small rivers and canals.
- Visit a fishing village and Koromjal Crocodile Breeding Center on the way, reach Mongla in the late afternoon, say good bye.
- End of the tour
Price of Sundarbans Tour
- 5+ Pax Gruop: 30,000 BDT / $390 US Per Person
- 2-4 Pax Group: Please contact us for the price
Inclusions and Exclusions of Sundarbans Tour
- Accommodation on the boat in a sleeping cabin on twin sharing basis.
- 5,500 BDT forest permission fee.
- All meals, drinking water, tea, and coffee while on the boat at Sundarbans for three day.
- English speaking guide.
- All tips other than our guide and boat crew.
Does not include:
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- 1,200 BDT fee for video camera in Sundarbans (if any).
- Any personal item.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Because your best chance to spot wildlife on a Sundarbans tour is when you go on a tour with very small group. This will increase your chance to spot wildlife many times.
- All the established tour operators in Bangladesh run tours in Sundarbans on a 30-40 people group. Going on a Sundarbans tour with a big group like these, people end up seeing very little or no wildlife at all. We organize only small group tours of maximum 06 people to give you the best experience of Sundarbans for your time and money.
- 60% of Sundarbans is in Bangladesh part which is more diverse with it’s wildlife, floral, and fauna.
- You visit an wild forest in Bangladesh, not a national park. Everything you see in Bangladesh part of Sundarbans is wild.
- You spend full 03 day inside the forest while doing the Sundarbans tour with us in Bangladesh. You can spend just 01 day inside the forest while doing Sundarbans tour from India.
- On a Sundarbans tour in India, you stay at a hut on a village outside the forest. In Bangladesh, you stay on our comfortable house boat with western style toilet deep inside the forest anchoring in different places each day. There will be armed forest guards on board for security.
- In India, you visit the forest with an engine boat starting from the village. In Bangladesh, we’ll take you to explore the creeks and canals deep inside the forest with a noiseless wooden row boat. You float on the canals quietly in the tranquilizing environment, and get the best chance to spot wildlife while they do not flee hearing disturbing noise of the engine.
- Sundarbans tour in Bangladesh with us offers more activities, e.g. walking deep inside the forest, spending time on a beautiful sandy beach at Bay of Bengal inside the forest while you hardly see any people, watching wildlife from an watch tower in a dense raw forest, explore creeks and canals with noiseless row boat to increase your chance to spot wildlife, visit wildlife sanctuaries, etc.
- Because you reach the forest within 10 minutes of starting from Mongla. If you start from Khulna, half of your day is wasted just to reach the forest, and another half day to come back. All the established tour operators run their tour from Khulna, while we run our tours from Mongla.
- Never do a day tour of Sundarbans! You might want to quick sample Sundarbans to save time and money, but it will be a full waste of your time and money as you will end up just visiting an Eco Park and a zoo which will be very disappointing, no matter who you book with! It will be simply a bad taste of the forest. Either do a 03 day tour, or leave it completely. There is nothing in between!
Important notes on Sundarbans Tour
- Itinerary of this tour is just a general outline, and not fixed. It could be changed depending on the season, moon phase, tide, day light hours, and fog. But we’ll try to include all the places and activities mentioned in the itinerary as much as possible.
- This boat is a very basic boat without air-conditioning, electricity, and running hot water (we will supply them on bucket). It has accommodation facilities for 08 person in max, and one English toilet. But we have a larger boat too to arrange tour for bigger groups.
- The cabins are lit by small lights running on battery. We’ll run the generator in the evening for couple of hours everyday to charge your devices.
- You’ll get mobile phone signal of GrameenPhone on the first half of day-01. In Kotka, a new mobile phone tower of Teletalk opened recently, so you’ll get full network coverage of only Teletalk in Kotka with 2G internet facilities which is very slow. No other SIM card will work inside other parts of the forest.
- For hiking in the forest on day-02, the land is flat and we will not go through very dense forest, so it will be easy for most of the people, as long as you can walk about 10 kilometers. The trail is dry, not muddy. Bring covered shoes which is suitable for hiking and can protect you from small grass and trees with spikes.
- If you do not want to hike, you can remain on the boat which will be still enjoyable, as it will go from Kochikhali to Kotka through small canals, which will be a ride of about 03 hours.
- It is better to book this tour as early as possible. At least 06 weeks ahead is a good time to book the tour.
Experiences of Sundarbans Tour with us
Sundarbans Tour Also Available on
Sundarbans Tour is included in most of our holiday packages. You can book one of these packages too to visit Sundarbans:
- Rocket & Sundarbans Tour (6 Day)
- Sundarbans Excursion with Rocket (8 Day)
- World Heritage Tour (10 Day)
- Highlights of Bangladesh (11 Day)
- Glory of Bangladesh (14 Day)
- Best of Bangladesh (18 Day)
- Exploring Bangladesh (23 Day)
- Discover Bangladesh (27 Day)