Location: Mongla, Bangladesh
Tour Attractions: Wildlife tour to the Sundarban Mangrove Forest
Best time to go: October – March
Tour Available: Year Round
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Check Bellow
Sundarban tour in Bangladesh will take you on an exclusive 3-day tour on a small boat to experience the Sundarban mangrove forest for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. We offer private and small group tours with a maximum of 6 travelers.
The Sundarban is the largest mangrove forest in the world and one of the wildest, least-known environments in southern Asia. Located in the delta formed by the confluence of the Ganges, Brahmaputra, and Meghna Rivers in the Bay of Bengal, the Sundarban extends over 10,000 sq km. Two-thirds of the Sundarban is located in Bangladesh, and the rest is in India. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and designated a wetland site of international importance under the Ramsar Convention.
The Sundarban is the home of 104 Royal Bengal Tigers, 30,000 spotted deer, 35 species of reptiles (including giant cobras and pythons and eight species of amphibians), 300 species of birds, 120 species of fish, 42 species of mammals, numerous river dolphins, wild boars, claw-less otters, monkeys, and salt-water crocodiles together with many other species of wildlife. Hundreds of rivers, creeks, and canals are the veins of the forest, making it a pristine environment.
Our Sundarban tour in Bangladesh will take you deep inside the forest on a small houseboat to experience this magical environment for three whole days. Unlike other tour operators in Bangladesh, we organize this tour with a maximum of 6 participants and take our guests through some exclusive parts of the forest, where the traditional operators with their larger vessels can not go because of the shallowness of the canals. It ensures maximum wildlife spotting opportunities for our guests and provides an exclusive experience away from the regular tourists in the forest.
This tour starts and ends at Mongla, located on the forest’s edge (240 km from Dhaka, 53 km from Khulna). You can either book our 4-day Bagerhat & Sundarbans Tour, 5-day Dhaka, Bagerhat & Sundarbans Tour, or 8-day ‘arrival to departure’ Sundarbans Safari for the convenience of commencing and finishing in Dhaka; all of them offer a superior experience.
- Explore the largest mangrove forest on earth – Sundarban, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Spend full 3 days deep inside the Sundarban on a small houseboat, with a group of 6 participants (maximum), anchoring in different places each night.
- Visit the wildlife sanctuaries inside the Sundarban.
- Explore creeks and canals inside the Sundarban on a wooden rowing boat for the maximum chance of spotting wildlife in the early morning and evening.
- Walk on a trail inside the forest accompanied by armed forest guards.
- Enjoy the best and the cleanest beach in Bangladesh deep inside the forest, hardly meeting any other tourists.
- Spot wildlife from an observation tower overlooking an open area where animals come to eat and drink.
- Visit a fishing village to experience the life of the fishermen of the Sundarban.
- Visit a crocodile and turtle breeding center.
- Visit a dolphin sanctuary for the endangered Ganges and Irrawaddy Dolphin, the last two freshwater dolphin species in Asia.
A map of Sundarban Tour in Bangladesh on a small group of 6 travelers maximum from Mongla in a small boat.
Itinerary of Sundarban Tour in Bangladesh
Contact us for the Detailed Itinerary
Price of Sundarban Tour in Bangladesh
- 6 Pax Gruop: $560 US Per Person
- 2-5 Pax Group: Please contact us for the price
- 7-16 Pax Group on a Medium Boat: Please contact us for a discounted price
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Accommodation on the boat in a sleeping cabin on a twin-sharing basis.
- $115 US per person forest permit fee.
- All meals, drinking water, tea, and coffee while on the boat at Sundarban for three days.
- An English-speaking guide.
- All tips other than our guide and boat crew.
Does not include:
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- $25 US fee for video camera in Sundarban (if any).
- Any personal item.
Departures and Availability
Contact us for the Latest Schedule
Experiences of Sundarban Tours with us
More Sundarban Tour Packages in Bangladesh
Bagerhat & Sundarbans Tour
Dhaka, Bagerhat & Sundarbans
Sundarban Tour Also Included In
Our Sundarban Tour in Bangladesh is included in most of our holiday packages. You can book one of these packages too to visit Sundarban:
- Highlights of Bangladesh (11 Days)
- Glories of Bangladesh (14 Days)
- Raas Festival Tour (16 Days)
- Best of Bangladesh (18 Days)
- Discover Bangladesh (28 Days)
FAQs on Sundarban Tours
Why do Sundarban tour in a tiny group?
- Because your best chance to spot wildlife on a Sundarban tour is when you go on a Sundarban tour with a tiny group. This will increase your chance to spot wildlife many times.
- In Bangladesh, all the traditional tour operators run tours in Sundarban on a 40-70 people group. Going on a Sundarban tour with a big group like these, people end up seeing very little or no wildlife at all. We organize only small group Sundarban tours of a maximum of 6 travelers to give you the best experience of Sundarban for your time and money.
Why do Sundarban tour in Bangladesh instead of India?
- 60% of Sundarban is in Bangladesh, which is more diverse with its wildlife, flora, and fauna.
- You visit a wild forest in Bangladesh, not a national park. Everything you see in Bangladesh part of Sundarban is wild.
- You spend a full 3 days inside the forest while doing the Sundarban tour with us in Bangladesh. You can spend just one day inside the forest while doing a Sundarban tour from India.
- On a Sundarban tour in India, you stay at a hut in a village outside the forest. In Bangladesh, you stay on our comfortable houseboat with a western-style toilet deep inside the forest anchoring in different places each day. There will be armed forest rangers on board for security.
- In India, you visit the forest with an engine boat starting from the village. In Bangladesh, we'll take you to explore the creeks and canals deep inside the forest with a noiseless wooden rowboat. You float on the canals quietly in the tranquilizing environment and get the best chance to spot wildlife while they do not flee hearing the disturbing noise of the engine.
- Sundarban tour in Bangladesh with us offers more activities, e.g., walking deep inside the forest, spending time on a beautiful sandy beach at the Bay of Bengal inside the forest while you hardly see any people, watching wildlife from an observation tower in a dense raw forest, explore creeks and canals with a noiseless rowboat to increase your chance to spot wildlife, visit wildlife sanctuaries.
Why start Sundarban tour from Mongla instead of Khulna?
Because you reach the forest within 10 minutes of starting from Mongla. If you start from Khulna, half of your day is wasted to reach the forest and another half day to come back. All the traditional tour operators in Bangladesh run their tours from Khulna while we run our Sundarban tours from Mongla.
Why doing a day tour in Sundarban is a complete NO?
Never do a day tour of Sundarban! You might want to quickly sample Sundarban to save time and money, but it will be a complete waste of your time and money as you will end up visiting just an Eco Park and a zoo which will be very disappointing; no matter whom you book with! It will be simply a bad taste of the forest. Either do a 3-day Sundarban tour or save it for a future trip. There is nothing in between!
Why book a Sundarban tour with Nijhoom Tours?
We are a multi-award-winning local tour operator in Bangladesh with vast local knowledge and the highest quality. We have 350+ reviews from our clients on TripAdvisor with an average rating of 5 on 5. We've been featured in International Travel News Magazine multiple times, published in California, USA. You'll have a great experience on our tours. By booking a Sundarban tour with us, you also support a local small business instead of the big corporations who are dominating the tourism industry with their large marketing budgets.
Are you running the Sundarban tours during the pandemic?
Despite the pandemic, we are open and running our Sundarban tours regularly. Check out our 3-day Sundarban Tour, 4-day Bagerhat & Sundarbans Tour, 5-day Dhaka, Bagerhat & Sundarbans Tour, or 8-day Sundarbans Safari for a memorable tour of Sundarban. You can check out here the latest Covid-19 travel rules in Bangladesh.
What are the Covid-19 measures on your Sundarban tours?
Wearing masks, cleaning hands frequently, disinfecting the boat are some of the Covid-19 measures we have taken on our Sundarban tours. Hand Rubs are always available on our boat for the guests.