Location: Bagerhat, Mongla, and Khulna
Tour Attractions: Sundarbans Mangrove Forest, Sixty Dome Mosque
Best time to go: October – March
Tour Available: Year round / Any day start
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Check Bellow
The Sundarbans is the largest mangrove forest on earth. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and designated a wetland site of international importance under the Ramsar Convention. Bagerhat is a 15th-century Muslim city full of great archaeological mosques, among which the Sixty Dome Mosque is the most famous. It is another UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Bagerhat & Sundarbans Tour will take you to visit the most significant mosques and a magnificent Hindu temple in Bagerhat and a whole three-day excursion to the Sundarbans Mangrove Forest for a chance to see Bengal tigers, spotted deer, river dolphins, wild boars, claw-less otters, monkeys, and salt-water crocodiles together with many other species of wildlife and birds. You’ll visit two UNESCO World Heritage Sites on this tour.
You’ll start by flying to Jessore, driving to Bagerhat, and visiting the mosques and the Hindu temple for a whole day. You’ll spend the next three days in Sundarbans and fly back to Dhaka on the last day evening. This tour will give you a chance to enjoy the quietness of Bagerhat and the tranquility of Sundarbans in the shortest possible time.
If you want to visit Bagerhat and Sundarbans without visiting Dhaka, this is the tour you should book. Check out our longer Sundarbans tour packages in Bangladesh all of which offer a superior experience.
Highlights of Bagerhat & Sundarbans Tour
- Explore the largest mangrove forest on earth – Sundarbans, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, for full 3 days.
- Visit historical sites at Bagerhat, another UNESCO World Heritage Site from the 15th century, including the Sixty Dome Mosque.
- Spend full 3 days deep inside the Sundarbans on a small houseboat, with a small group, anchoring in different places each night.
- Visit the wildlife sanctuaries inside the Sundarbans.
- Explore creeks and canals inside the Sundarbans on a wooden rowing boat for the maximum chance of spotting wildlife in the early morning and evening.
- Walk on a trail inside the forest accompanied by armed forest guards.
- Enjoy the best and the cleanest beach in Bangladesh deep inside the forest, hardly meeting any other tourists.
- Visit a fishing village to experience the life of the fishermen of the Sundarbans.
- Visit a crocodile and turtle breeding center.
- Visit a dolphin sanctuary for the endangered Ganges and Irrawaddy Dolphin, the last two remaining freshwater dolphin species in Asia.
A map of the 4-day Bagerhat & Sundarbans Tour with Nijhoom Tours on a small group starting and ending at Dhaka to visit the Mosque City of Bagerhat and the Sundarbans mangrove forest.
Itinerary of Bagerhat & Sundarbans Tour
Contact us for the Detailed Itinerary
Price of Bagerhat & Sundarbans Tour
- 4-6 Pax Gruop: $950 US Per Person
- 2-3 Pax Group: Please contact us for the price
- 7-16 Pax Group on a Medium Boat: Please contact us for a discounted price
- Private Tour: Please contact us for the price
- Single Supplement: $15 US
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Pick-up and drop-off from the North Dhaka area (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area).
- Dhaka-Jessore-Dhaka economy class flight tickets.
- 3 Nights accommodation in hotels and boat cabins as mentioned in the itinerary with complimentary breakfast on twin sharing basis.
- All meals, drinking water, tea, and coffee while on the boat at Sundarbans for three days on Day-2, 3, and 4.
- All boat rides.
- All site entrance tickets.
- Air-conditioned car, driver, and English-speaking guide.
- $115 US per person forest permission fee for Sundarbans.
- All tips except our guide, driver, and boat crew.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from the South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, FARS Hotel, Asia Hotel & Resort, Ambrosia Guest House, White House Hotel, Hotel Sky City, Suktara Hotel, and the nearby area).
- Any food or drinks other than those mentioned above.
- $25 US fee for video camera in Sundarbans (if any).
- Any personal item.
Departures and Availability
Contact us for the Latest Schedule
Why Sundarbans Tour with Nijhoom Tours
How is your Sundarbans Tour in Bangladesh different than the others?
★ Wildlife Tour: Unlike the traditional cheap picnic parties in Sundarbans, ours are wildlife tours. Spotting as much wildlife as possible is our primary focus. We take our clients to places deep inside Sundarbans where there will be higher chances to spot wildlife.
★ Small Boats: We use small boats with shallow drafts to go to small channels where bigger ships can not go and can see more wildlife.
★ Silent Boat Trips: Unlike others, we use silent wooden rowing boats without engines to explore the small creeks and channels so we do not scare off the animals. You'll see more birds and animals on our boat trips on the creeks and channels.
★ Safety: The safety of our clients is always our priority. Unlike everyone else, we always use life jackets during boat rides on the small creeks and channels to protect our clients.
★ Food Hygiene: We strictly maintain food hygiene on our boat, about which very few people in Bangladesh have any idea. So unlike others, foreigners getting sick from food is rare on our boat.
★ Cleanliness: Although we use a basic boat, we keep it clean and provide clean bed sheets, pillowcases, towels, and comfortable beds and pillows.
★ Knowledgeable Guides: We provide knowledgeable guides on our tours, who will be able to tell you about the wildlife and the forest.
★ Numerous Positive Reviews: Unlike others, we have numerous positive reviews of our Sundarbans Tours on TripAdvisor from our past clients who've had a pleasant and memorable experience of the forest with us. You'll have a great experience on our tour too!
Why book Sundarbans Tour in Bangladesh with Nijhoom Tours?
★ Great Experience: You’ll have a great experience on our Sundarbans Tour in Bangladesh, as we are a multi-award-winning local tour operator in Bangladesh with vast local knowledge and the highest quality. We have the highest number of reviews in Bangladesh on TripAdvisor (375+ reviews) from our clients with an average rating of 5 on 5. We’ve been featured in the International Travel News Magazine multiple times, published in California, USA.
★ Support a Local Business: By directly booking with us instead of the giant foreign online platforms like Viator, ToursByLocals, GetYourGuide, TourRadar, Expedia, Kayak, or many others like them dominating the industry with huge marketing budgets, that only sell other local companies' tours and charge them a hefty commission, you are also supporting a local small business instead of a big foreign corporation.
★ Scheduled Tours: We have scheduled tours year-round. You can join any of them and reduce your cost.
★ Fast Communication: We reply fast. Communication with us will be a breeze.
★ Smooth Payment: Making payments with us will be swift for our Sundarbans Tour in Bangladesh. We offer multiple payment options with credit cards and bank transfers. You can pay us in major local currencies online and avoid paying any charges for making cross-border payments for our tours.
★ Comfortable Car: We'll provide a decent, comfortable, clean car with air-conditioning.
★ Safe Driver: We'll provide a safe driver who will drive you safely in a country where everyone drives like crazy.
★ On-Time Pick-up: We'll not be late to pick you up and give excuses for traffic.
★ No Nuicense: We will not annoy you by taking a few dozen selfies with you on the tour and posting them directly on social media.
Silent cruise with a rowing boat on a Channel in Sundarbans with proper safety with Nijhoom Tours. © Photo Credit: Nijhoom Tours.
Experiences of Sundarbans Tours with us
Bagerhat & Sundarbans Tour Also Included In
Bagerhat & Sundarbans Tour is included in most of our holiday packages. You can book one of these packages too to visit the mosque city of Bagerhat and Sundarban Mangrove Forest:
- Highlights of Bangladesh (11 Days)
- Glories of Bangladesh (14 Days)
- Raas Festival Tour (16 Days)
- Best of Bangladesh (18 Days)
- Discover Bangladesh (28 Days)
FAQs on Sundarbans Tours
Why Sundarbans Tour in a small group?
- Because your best chance to spot wildlife on a Sundarbans tour is when you go on a tour with a very small group. This will increase your chance to spot wildlife many times.
- All the traditional tour operators in Bangladesh run tours in Sundarbans on a 40-70 people group. Going on a Sundarbans tour with a big group like these, people end up seeing very little or no wildlife at all. We organize only small group tours to give you the best experience of Sundarbans for your time and money.
Why Sundarbans tour in Bangladesh instead of India?
- 60% of Sundarban is in Bangladesh part which is denser and more diverse with its wildlife, flora, and fauna.
- You visit a wild forest in Bangladesh, not a national park. Everything you see in Bangladesh part of Sundarbans is wild.
- You spend the full three days inside the forest while doing the Sundarbans tour with us in Bangladesh. You can spend just one day inside the forest while doing a Sundarbans tour from India.
- On a Sundarbans tour in India, you stay at a hut in a village outside the forest. In Bangladesh, you stay on our comfortable houseboat with a Western-style toilet deep inside the forest, anchoring in different places every day. There will be armed forest rangers on board for security.
- In India, you visit the forest with an engine boat starting from the village. In Bangladesh, we'll take you to explore the creeks and canals deep inside the forest with a noiseless wooden rowboat. You float on the canals quietly in the tranquil environment and get the best chance to spot wildlife while they do not flee hearing the disturbing noise of the engine.
- Sundarbans Tour with us offers more activities, e.g. walking deep inside the forest, spending time on a beautiful sandy beach at the Bay of Bengal inside the forest while you hardly see any people, watching wildlife from an observation tower overlooking a freshwater pond where animals come to drink, explore creeks and canals with noiseless row-boat to increase your chance to spot wildlife, visit wildlife sanctuaries, and many more.
Why to start Sundarbans tour from Mongla instead of Khulna?
- Because you reach the forest within 15 minutes of starting from Mongla. If you start from Khulna, half of your day is wasted just to reach the forest and another half day to come back. All the traditional tour operators in Bangladesh run their tours from Khulna, while we run our Sundarbans Tour from Mongla.
Why doing a day tour in Sundarbans is a complete NO?
- Never do a day tour of Sundarbans! You might want to quickly sample Sundarbans to save time and money, but it will be a full waste of your time and money as you will end up visiting just an Eco Park and a zoo which will be very disappointing, no matter who you do the tour with! It will be simply a bad taste of the forest. Either do a three days tour or save it for a future trip. There is nothing in between!