Location: Dhaka, Bagerhat, and Khulna
Tour Attractions: Old Dhaka, Sixty Dome Mosque, Sundarbans Mangrove Forest
Best time to go: October – March
Tour Available: September – May / Any day start
Next Scheduled Tour: Please Check Bellow
The Sundarbans is the largest mangrove forest on earth. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and designated a wetland site of international importance under the Ramsar Convention. Bagerhat is a 15th-century Muslim city full of great archaeological mosques, among which the Sixty Dome Mosque is the most famous. It is another UNESCO World Heritage Site. Dhaka is a megacity of 16 million people, full of activities, and a paradise for street photography.
Dhaka, Bagerhat & Sundarbans Tour will take you to visit the key attractions of New & Old Dhaka, see the most significant mosques and a magnificent Hindu temple in Bagerhat, and in a whole three-day excursion to the Sundarbans Mangrove Forest. You’ll visit two UNESCO World Heritage Sites on this tour.
Starting with exploring Dhaka city for a whole day, you’ll board an overnight passenger ferry to Barisal/Hularhat. Arriving at next morning at the destination, you’ll visit the mosques and the Hindu temple of Bagerhat for a whole day. You’ll spend the next three days in Sundarbans and return to Dhaka on the last day evening. A juxtaposed tour to enjoy the hustle and bustle of Dhaka, the quietness of Bagerhat, and the tranquil Sundarbans.
This is the first tour you should book in Bangladesh if you have limited time. Also, booking this tour will be most convenient if you plan to combine your Bangladesh tour with visiting India. On the last day of the tour, we can customize it for you to stay overnight in Khulna and transfer you to the Benapole/Petrapole border the following day, from where you can easily cross over to India and reach Kolkata.
For adding the airport transfers with your arrival and departures, and the accommodation in Dhaka, you can book our Sundarbans Safari tour instead. We can provide you with different choices for hotels in Dhaka for that.
Highlights of Dhaka, Bagerhat & Sundarbans Tour
- Explore the largest mangrove forest on earth – Sundarbans, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, for full 3 days.
- Visit historical sites at Bagerhat, another UNESCO World Heritage Site from the 15th-century, including the Sixty Dome Mosque.
- Overnight journey on a traditional Bangladeshi passenger ferry.
- Full-day tour of Old Dhaka including rickshaw ride on narrow streets and a boat ride on busy Buriganga river.
- Spend full 3 days deep inside the Sundarbans on a small houseboat, with a group of 6 participants (maximum), anchoring in different places each night.
- Visit the wildlife sanctuaries inside the Sundarbans.
- Explore creeks and canals inside the Sundarbans on a wooden rowing boat for the maximum chance of spotting wildlife in the early morning and evening.
- Walk on a trail inside the forest accompanied with armed forest guards.
- Enjoy the best and the cleanest beach in Bangladesh deep inside the forest, hardly meeting any other tourists.
- Spot wildlife from an observation tower overlooking an open area where animals come to eat and drink.
- Visit a fishing village to experience the life of the fishermen of the Sundarbans.
- Visit a crocodile and turtle breeding center.
- Visit a dolphin sanctuary for the endangered Ganges and Irrawaddy Dolphin, the last two remaining freshwater dolphin species in Asia.
Itinerary of Dhaka, Bagerhat & Sundarbans Tour
Price of Dhaka, Bagerhat & Sundarbans Tour
- 4+ Pax Gruop: $870 US Per Person
- 2-3 Pax Group: Please contact us for the price
- Single Supplement: $50 US
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Pick-up and drop-off from North Dhaka area (Uttara, Nikunja, Gulshan, Banani, and Baridhara area only).
- 5 Night accommodation in hotels and boat cabins as mentioned in the itinerary with complementary breakfast on twin sharing basis.
- All meals, drinking water, tea, and coffee while on the boat at Sundarbans for three day on Day-3, 4, and 5.
- 1st class cabin on a traditional passenger ferry to Barisal/Hularhat on twin sharing basis.
- All train and boat rides.
- All site entrance tickets.
- Air-conditioned car, driver, and English speaking guide.
- 5,500 BDT per person forest permission fee for Sundarbans.
- Khulna-Jessore Airport transfer with air-conditioned car (Comfort Package only).
- Jessore-Dhaka economy class flight ticket (Comfort Package only).
- All tips except our guide, driver, and boat crew.
Does not include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from South Dhaka area (Hotel 71, FARS Hotel, Asia Hotel & Resort, Ambrosia Guest House, White House Hotel, Hotel Sky City, Suktara Hotel, and the nearby area).
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- 1,200 BDT fee for video camera in Sundarbans (if any).
- Any personal item.
Departures and Availability
|Departure Dates||Package Type||Total Places||Available Places||Booking Status|
|September 19-23, 2022||Comfort Package||5||3+||Available|
FAQS on Sundarbans Tour
Why do Sundarbans tour in a tiny group?
- Because your best chance to spot wildlife on a Sundarbans tour is when you go on a Sundarbans tour with a tiny group. This will increase your chance to spot wildlife many times.
- In Bangladesh, all the traditional tour operators run tours in Sundarbans on a 40-70 people group. Going on a Sundarbans tour with a big group like these, people end up seeing very little or no wildlife at all. We organize only small group Sundarbans tours of a maximum of 6 travelers to give you the best experience of Sundarbans for your time and money.
Why do Sundarbans tour in Bangladesh instead of India?
- 60% of Sundarbans is in Bangladesh, which is more diverse with its wildlife, flora, and fauna.
- You visit a wild forest in Bangladesh, not a national park. Everything you see in Bangladesh part of Sundarbans is wild.
- You spend a full 3-day inside the forest while doing the Sundarbans tour with us in Bangladesh. You can spend just one day inside the forest while doing a Sundarbans tour from India.
- On a Sundarbans tour in India, you stay at a hut in a village outside the forest. In Bangladesh, you stay on our comfortable houseboat with a western-style toilet deep inside the forest anchoring in different places each day. There will be armed forest rangers on board for security.
- In India, you visit the forest with an engine boat starting from the village. In Bangladesh, we'll take you to explore the creeks and canals deep inside the forest with a noiseless wooden rowboat. You float on the canals quietly in the tranquilizing environment and get the best chance to spot wildlife while they do not flee hearing the disturbing noise of the engine.
- Sundarbans tour in Bangladesh with us offers more activities, e.g., walking deep inside the forest, spending time on a beautiful sandy beach at the Bay of Bengal inside the forest while you hardly see any people, watching wildlife from an observation tower in a dense raw forest, explore creeks and canals with a noiseless rowboat to increase your chance to spot wildlife, visit wildlife sanctuaries.
Why start Sundarbans tour from Mongla instead of Khulna?
Because you reach the forest within 10 minutes of starting from Mongla. If you start from Khulna, half of your day is wasted to reach the forest and another half day to come back. All the traditional tour operators in Bangladesh run their tours from Khulna while we run our Sundarbans tours from Mongla.
Why doing a day tour in Sundarbans is a complete NO?
Never do a day tour of Sundarbans! You might want to quickly sample Sundarbans to save time and money, but it will be a complete waste of your time and money as you will end up visiting just an Eco Park and a zoo which will be very disappointing; no matter whom you book with! It will be simply a bad taste of the forest. Either do a 3-day Sundarbans tour or save it for a future trip. There is nothing in between!
Why book a Sundarbans tour with Nijhoom Tours?
We are a multi-award-winning local tour operator in Bangladesh with vast local knowledge and the highest quality. We have 350+ reviews from our clients on TripAdvisor with an average rating of 5 on 5. We've been featured in International Travel News Magazine multiple times, published in California, USA. You'll have a great experience on our tours. By booking a Sundarbans tour with us, you also support a local small business instead of the big corporations dominating the tourism industry with their large marketing budgets.
Are you running the Sundarbans tours during the pandemic?
Despite the pandemic, we are open and running our Sundarbans tours regularly. Check out our 3 days Sundarbans Tour, 4 days Bagerhat & Sundarbans Tour, 5 days Dhaka, Bagerhat & Sundarbans Tour, or 8 days Sundarbans Safari for a memorable tour of Sundarbans. You can check out here the latest Covid-19 travel rules in Bangladesh.
What are the Covid-19 measures on your Sundarbans tours?
Wearing masks, cleaning hands frequently, disinfecting the boat are some of the Covid-19 measures we have taken on our Sundarbans tours. Hand Rubs are always available on our boat for the guests.
Reviews of Dhaka, Bagerhat & Sundarbans Tour
More Sundarbans Tour Packages
Also Included In
Dhaka, Bagerhat & Sundarbans Tour is included in most of our holiday packages. You can book one of these packages too to enjoy this tour:
- Highlights of Bangladesh (11 Days)
- Glories of Bangladesh (14 Days)
- Raas Festival Tour (16 Days)
- Best of Bangladesh (18 Days)
- Discover Bangladesh (28 Days)